Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th March 2009, 20:47   #21  |  Link
elshagon

working great on both windows xp machines. With latest build don't have any problems after first song plays like earlier build did on some discs.
elshagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 22:33   #22  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

The lastest version is working great for me too
Old 28th March 2009, 11:49   #23  |  Link
Vidi_It

Working on Windows 7 64 bit, havn't tried fdshow yet...
Vidi_It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 05:37   #24  |  Link
wnmnkh

Woot! Great software!
wnmnkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 16:48   #25  |  Link
bobbel

Thanks a lot for the amazing app
bobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 22:45   #26  |  Link
Bever

How can you get 5.1 sound?
Bever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 13:42   #27  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Shadson wrote:

Quote:
I wrote a small application for playing DVD-AUDIO discs (MLP/PCM, watermarked/not watermarked) from generic AUDIO_TS folder or mounted ISO, based on DVDAExplorer (beta3 sources).

I don't want to be banned here as spammer, I just want to share with people who need it a small app that do only one thing - plays DVD-A discs.
Doumo arigatou gozaimashita!

I have just created an AUDIO_TS folder with dvda-author, and your tiny player worked fine. Still have to test it on higher samplerates than 44.1kHz, and on MLP tracks as well. Yes, the UI still needs to be improved (but not very much, displaying the groups of tracks in a playlist window would be more-than-adequate for my preferences) — but hey, a non-bloated standalone DVDA player is what I've been looking for since many moons ago. Nicely-done job, sir!

Again,
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:32   #28  |  Link
Shadson

So, new version is ready - 0.3a.
It does almost everything I need, so functionaly will not be changed deeply in new versions, only some bugs.
Almost RELEASE.
Enjoy! Now with remotes also

Last edited by Shadson; 3rd April 2009 at 15:42.
Shadson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:03   #29  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Well, when I click on the PAUSE button, and then click NEXT or PREVIOUS, the playback mode "inevitably" returns <-- I see this as a design flaw. Not to mention that sometimes the player shuts down just after a click on NEXT or PREVIOUS ...

Besides, a seeking bar ( or the REW + FF buttons ) would be a nice feature ( and quite useful too ).

For last, as you appear to feel that even a track list would be "too fancy", I humbly suggest that the window caption of ShaPLAY.exe could be a little more informative — for example, "Track 1.2.3 of 2.2.9" .

Sincerely,

Me, Myself and I.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:53   #30  |  Link
Shadson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
Well, when I click on the PAUSE button, and then click NEXT or PREVIOUS, the playback mode "inevitably" returns <-- I see this as a design flaw.
"It's not a bug, it's a feature..." From my point of view it is not logical to keep PAUSE mode if you try to go to next track.
Quote:
Not to mention that sometimes the player shuts down just after a click on NEXT or PREVIOUS ...
I can't fix the bug if I can't repeat it. Try to make it constant and tell what I have to do to repeat it.
Quote:
Besides, a seeking bar ( or the REW + FF buttons ) would be a nice feature ( and quite useful too ).
Well, do you have any idea how to seek in compressed MLP stream with variable bitrate?
Quote:
For last, as you appear to feel that even a track list would be "too fancy", I humbly suggest that the window caption of ShaPLAY.exe could be a little more informative — for example, "Track 1.2.3 of 2.2.9" .
Will try.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:44   #31  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadson View Post
"It's not a bug, it's a feature..." From my point of view it is not logical to keep PAUSE mode if you try to go to next track.
Sometimes I'd like to move to, let's say, 3 tracks forward, or 2 tracks backwards, and I'd like the player *not* to resume the playback until it received the explicit permission from the user.

Quote:
I can't fix the bug if I can't repeat it. Try to make it constant and tell what I have to do to repeat it.
That happens sometimes, after pressing the NEXT/PREV buttons repeatedly until the first/last track is finally reached (maybe this is an issue with the uncompressed tracks only, as I said I haven't yet tested the player on compressed tracks).

Quote:
Well, do you have any idea how to seek in compressed MLP stream with variable bitrate?
By reading the System Clock Reference/Presentation Timestamp/Decoder Timestamp values, I hope
Should work for LPCM streams at least:

Quote:
Each pack has a System Clock Reference (SCR) value stored in the pack header, and a Presentation Timestamp (PTS) value stored in the PES header. An AOB file containing an MLP stream also has a Decoder Timestamp (DTS) value in the PES header which is very slightly (about 1ms) ahead of the PTS.

The PTS value in a PES header refers to the PTS of the start of the first complete audio frame in that packet (and hence doesn't always increase in equal steps), whereas the SCR refers to the pack itself and does increment in equal steps.
{ source: http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/spec/aob.shtml }

Quote:
Will try.
Thanx.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:32   #32  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

is there a way you could let us pick the audio renderer? so we could possibly use ASIO

I've forced ffdshow to connect to WaveOut only, and my MME drivers are bit-perfect so I should be fine. But apart from some RME/M-Audio/Audiotrak there isn't many soundcard w/ bit-perfect drivers AFAIK.

and maybe someone could cook a nice GUI, anyway very nice app...major kudos!
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 01:13   #33  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Still a "pre-beta"

OK, I have just converted an entire Audio CD into a regular AUDIO_TS folder with the help from dvda-author, and much to my tristesse, Shaplay.exe shuts itself down after one PAUSE click on the first track and one click on the button NEXT. Definitely there should be independent buttons for pause and playback; besides, STOP should mean "stop", and not "prepare yourself for another album, or to quit". Not to mention that a volume control is a must-have for any minimally-decent audio player.
Old 10th April 2009, 14:38   #34  |  Link
Shadson

Quote:
Shaplay.exe shuts itself down after one PAUSE click on the first track and one click on the button NEXT.
Please describe more detailed.
- What kind of OS,
- AUDIO_TS folder as I understand, not disc in drive (or not?),
- which DVDA (please attach testlog.log),
- was it once or every time?
- if you just leave it to play, will the track #2 start ok or also crashes?
- try to get extended log file. Open shaplay.cfg and make a change in last string "ExtendedLogging=1". DO NOT CHANGE THE STRINGS' ORDER IN FILE OR EVEN LETTERS.

PS: I don't think the volume control is "must have"
Old 10th April 2009, 15:58   #35  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Please describe more detailed.
- What kind of OS,
- AUDIO_TS folder as I understand, not disc in drive (or not?),
- which DVDA (please attach testlog.log),
- was it once or every time?
- if you just leave it to play, will the track #2 start ok or also crashes?
- try to get extended log file. Open shaplay.cfg and make a change in last string "ExtendedLogging=1". DO NOT CHANGE THE STRINGS' ORDER IN FILE OR EVEN LETTERS.
OS == Windows XP + Service Pack 3;

AUDIO_TS folder on the HDD;

Test folder from ripped Audio CD already deleted,
using another one now;

if I leave it to play, it will play Track 01, Track 02, Track NN, etc. ; but I rarely let my standalone CD player play all tracks from the beginning to the end, unless I'm listening to classical music;

And here go the debug logs:

Quote:
Starting log...
Titlesets found: 1
Opening Titleset 1:
Titles found: 1
Opening Title 1:
Tracks found: 5
Track 01 - 00:04:54 - PCM, Channels: 2 (L-R)
Track 02 - 00:04:01 - PCM, Channels: 2 (L-R)
Track 03 - 00:04:05 - PCM, Channels: 2 (L-R)
Track 04 - 00:03:43 - PCM, Channels: 2 (L-R)
Track 05 - 00:05:35 - PCM, Channels: 2 (L-R)
Closing log...
Quote:
Header ready!
Calling first block decoding...
Got first block!
Creating stream...
*** Creating Mem2Stream...
Creating rdr...
Creating Graph...
Creating GraphBuilder...
Getting mpSource pin...
Adding reader to graph...
Rendering default...
Creating pControl...
Starting graph...
Creating pSeek...
Starting loop...
Releasing pSeek...
Trying to close thread...
Calling stop...
Awaiting stop...
Releasing pControl...
Disconnecting mpSource...
Releasing mpSource...
Releasing rdr...
Releasing Stream...
*** Releasing Mem2Stream...
Releasing Graph...
Details: The player autoplays the first track, I pause it before time ==1.00 sec, then I press the button NEXT, and then Shaplay.exe shuts down.

P.S.: I still think that a minimal functionality should have greater priority than being compatible with remote controls, media centers, and similar "bonus" features.

2nd EDIT:

I have just disabled the option "Build complete DS graph",
but the bug remains:

Quote:
Next Track: 0-0-0
Got size=51925435...
Creating thread...
Starting DVDAStreamWriter
Starting writing WAV-header (WavStream)
Header complete (WavStream)
Starting DVDAStreamWriter loop
Header ready!
Calling first block decoding...
Got first block!
Creating stream...
*** Creating Mem2Stream...
Creating rdr...
Creating Graph...
Creating GraphBuilder...
Getting mpSource pin...
Adding reader to graph...
Rendering default...
Creating pControl...
Starting graph...
Creating pSeek...
Starting loop...
Releasing pSeek...
Trying to close thread...
Calling stop...
Awaiting stop...
Releasing pControl...
Disconnecting mpSource...
Releasing mpSource...
Releasing rdr...
Releasing Stream...
*** Releasing Mem2Stream...
Releasing Graph...

Last edited by Midzuki; 10th April 2009 at 16:06.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:25   #36  |  Link
Shadson

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I've forced ffdshow to connect to WaveOut only, and my MME drivers are bit-perfect so I should be fine. But apart from some RME/M-Audio/Audiotrak there isn't many soundcard w/ bit-perfect drivers AFAIK.
Sorry, your problem is not clear for me. Can you explain a little bit? All you need is DirectSound driver that will be installed in windows as 'Default DirectSound device'.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:31   #37  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Sorry, your problem is not clear for me. Can you explain a little bit? All you need is DirectSound driver that will be installed in windows as 'Default DirectSound device'.
well DS/WDM is polluted by the KMixer
I'm lucky to have bitperfect MME/Waveout drivers, very few cards have them....so ideally if you could set an option to chose the audio renderer(ASIO/WASAPI/Kernel Streaming) or simply WaveOut this would be really great.

when you listen to 24/96(or better 24/192) DVD-A, the last thing you wanna have is KMixer butchering your audio to 48KHz
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 01:46   #38  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Regarding the buttons, and in order to avoid possible "navigational bugs" with uncompressed audio, I suggest the window of Shaplay.exe should contain these ones:

PREVIOUS (@: queue)
PLAY (@: selected track)
RESUME (@: paused track)
PAUSE (@: track being played)
STOP (@: all tracks)
NEXT (@: queue)
EXIT (@: current album)

@ Shadson: if neither a volume control nor a seeking bar are a "must-have", then why the heck an EJECT button should be a "nice" feature ?

P.S.: Unless you decide to drop your apparent fixation with "autostart" and "looped playback", I'm afraid your .AOB player cannot avoid becoming just another half-a§§ed application.

Last edited by Midzuki; 11th April 2009 at 04:28.
Old 11th April 2009, 09:42   #39  |  Link
Shadson

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
well DS/WDM is polluted by the KMixer
I'm lucky to have bitperfect MME/Waveout drivers, very few cards have them....so ideally if you could set an option to chose the audio renderer(ASIO/WASAPI/Kernel Streaming) or simply WaveOut this would be really great.

when you listen to 24/96(or better 24/192) DVD-A, the last thing you wanna have is KMixer butchering your audio to 48KHz
Well, I didn't find any info that Kmixer downsamples to 48kHz, but I believe you here
I took a look into WASAPI/Kernel Streaming - sorry, it will be too complex to implement ant take a lot of time.
BUT! Try to install and use ReClock - it supports Kernel Streaming, but ShaPLAY will call it like generic DirectSound Renderer. At least, it works on my machine, but I can not test is it bit-perfect output or not (my note has only Realtek HDA chip).у
With ShaPLAY 0.3 you have to:
- install ReClock
- set settings in it for loading as default
- in ShaPLAY choose WaveParser and _uncheck_ BuildFullGraph. After starting playback you have to see icon of ReClock in tray.
Unfortunately ReClock will now always be called as a renderer for all other applications, but in ShaPLAY 0.4 you will have possibility to type GUID of ReClock in сап file and not to set it as default, just install - ReClock will be used this case only in ShaPLAY.

Sorry if it will not help or if it is not the solution you want to have.

Last edited by Shadson; 11th April 2009 at 09:44.
Old 11th April 2009, 09:50   #40  |  Link
Shadson

Quote:
if neither a volume control nor a seeking bar are a "must-have", then why the heck an EJECT button should be a "nice" feature ?
I had a code for ejecting discs, so Eject button costed me 15 minutes. I spent already 2 hours with tries to implement volume control and will spent 2 more for finishing it and twice more in catching bugs. Do you feel the difference? Btw, it is weekend
If you need perfect out-of-the-box solution - you can always spent money for PowerDVD or WinDVD.
It is freeware application, be patient

Last edited by Shadson; 11th April 2009 at 13:47.

Tags
dvd-audio