Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 2nd September 2013, 08:58   #21  |  Link
zli061

Want to know about 3D subtitle form or format, as well as offset/depth Settings, a great god grant instruction.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:38   #22  |  Link
tebasuna51

@physic
First of all, thanks for your job.
I know than the main purpose of tsMuxeR is mux streams, and your effort now is manage 3D.

But there are people than use tsMuxeR to extract audio streams and I want remember some problems for your attention now or in the future.

- Issues when extracting audio tracks (THD, AC3, DTS) from seamless branching BD's
Please read this post, related to eac3to extraction, but than can be applied also to tsMuxeR.

- PCM audio tracks.
The problem to mux big PCM audio was solved when tsMuxeR accept .W64 files to avoid the 4GB limit of WAV files.
Can you add the option to extract these big PCM streams like .W64 files also?

Last edited by tebasuna51; 2nd September 2013 at 12:41.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:44   #23  |  Link
physic

jediknight
zli061
I agree. 3D subtitles is important feature and I am going to test this. May be current 2D implementation will work.
But I am doubt that I have enough information to complete this task properly. I don't know yet how to form z depth. I mention this in a first post: I still looking for Blu-ray specifications (bitstream syntax) for 3D blurays. If I got this pdf, I'll can complete any such task without problem.

tebasuna51
Yes. I am going to improve LPCM support and do other fixes after 3D features. I am going to add LPCM from mkv files also.

Last edited by physic; 2nd September 2013 at 12:49.
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:45   #24  |  Link
microchip8
ffx264/ffhevc author

Please don't forget to compile version for Linux users
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:56   #25  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Another shameless feature request --- please add support for MPEG-4 ASP.

OK, "nobody" will use that, but the TS container supports Xvid/DivX, so why not obey the specs
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:52   #26  |  Link
skydancer11

Hi, Thanks for the SSIF support, I've been looking along time for a way to replace / add subtitles to 3D Bluray. (don't care about the depth right now...)
But when i build the BD, SSIF folder don't exist in the output folder.
Maybe i misunderstood and this feature is not ready yet or do i do something wrong?
Please advice
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:09   #27  |  Link
Sharc

As for now tsMuxeR does not yet produce ssif folder structure. Left and right stream are muxed into a single (combined) m2ts.
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:12   #28  |  Link
physic

Yes. Currently tsMuxeR can mux MVC to m2ts files only. But I am going to complete full 3d support. I hope I'll receive new 3D-Bluray documentation soon (tomorrow may be), then I'll start with SSIF in a output file structure and 3d subtitles as well.

Meanwhile, I've fixed one more bug: subtitles do not demuxed correctly from SSIF files. Here is the new version:
tsMuxeR 1.11.6(b)
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:32   #29  |  Link
jediknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by physic View Post
Yes. Currently tsMuxeR can mux MVC to m2ts files only. But I am going to complete full 3d support. I hope I'll receive new 3D-Bluray documentation soon (tomorrow may be), then I'll start with SSIF in a output file structure and 3d subtitles as well.

Meanwhile, I've fixed one more bug: subtitles do not demuxed correctly from SSIF files. Here is the new version:
tsMuxeR 1.11.6(b)
thank you. then we are waiting
Old 3rd September 2013, 00:49   #30  |  Link
HWK

@ Physic

Thank you for all your hard work on tsMuxer.

I already have mvc encoder and know I will try to rebuilt full Blu-ray structure. I will let you know if I come across something unexpected.

@ Physic

I discovered a problem if I try to add stream in tsmuxer gui and one stream already exist it doesn’t allow you to add another one. (Refer to screenshot) Even if it has different extension.

To reproduce add asset from one movie and the add another one asset, it will refuse to add and display error message about cannot add because it already exist.
Attached Images

Last edited by HWK; 3rd September 2013 at 01:52.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:15   #31  |  Link
physic

HWK
OK. I'll fix it today evening.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:50   #32  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I know that am close to hijack the thread, but I wonder whether the SD (in particular PAL) subtitles are handled correctly in this new version?
I am lazy and I decided to put series on BD to avoid getting off bed to change discs every second episode
The older tsMuxer converted all SD subtitles to NTSC 24/1.001, see here.
Thank you in advance
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:06   #33  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
HWK
@Physic, while you are fixing bugs you want to fix this as well. It is not really a bug but more of a logic problem with muxer. Basically what is happening is tsmuxer allows to mux dependent view by itself or /and with audio and subs.

However outcome is player can’t play it because there is no base view in file which is created by tsmuxer. At most player is only able decode the audio.

Maybe you want to add logic if file is dependent view only then no mux until base view is present at very minimum.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:25   #34  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
@ Physic

Thank you for all your hard work on tsMuxer.

I already have mvc encoder and know I will try to rebuilt full Blu-ray structure. I will let you know if I come across something unexpected.

@ Physic

I discovered a problem if I try to add stream in tsmuxer gui and one stream already exist it doesn’t allow you to add another one. (Refer to screenshot) Even if it has different extension.

To reproduce add asset from one movie and the add another one asset, it will refuse to add and display error message about cannot add because it already exist.
Quote:
HWK
@Physic, I tried again today and it didn't cause problem which I reported. I will try more test to be sure.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:40   #35  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by filler56789 View Post
Another shameless feature request --- please add support for MPEG-4 ASP.

OK, "nobody" will use that, but the TS container supports Xvid/DivX, so why not obey the specs
Nice idea...

I'd quite like the 'AR option' to be implemented

EDIT: And the ability to generate AVCHD muxes with the following AVCHD compliant file structure: -

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 3rd September 2013 at 15:58.
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:04   #36  |  Link
Yordan5

physic. Make sure you add a "DONATION" link in the "About" menu of TsMuxeR. Seeing how everyone is requesting features here and not offering much in return, it is only right that we show our appreciation for your hard and selfless work.
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:12   #37  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordan5 View Post
physic. Make sure you add a "DONATION" link in the "About" menu of TsMuxeR. Seeing how everyone is requesting features here and not offering much in return, it is only right that we show our appreciation for your hard and selfless work.
The GUI version 1.10.6 already has a tab named "Donate"
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:41   #38  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by filler56789 View Post
The GUI version 1.10.6 already has a tab named "Donate"
Don't confuse two version of tsmuxer. The one you are talking about was made by SmartLabs, this one is made by Network Optix

It may be possible author is same, but we don't know if link is valid in old one. You don't want user to send donation to black hole
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:02   #39  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Don't confuse two version of tsmuxer. The one you are talking about was made by SmartLabs, this one is made by Network Optix

It may be possible author is same, but we don't know if link is valid in old one. You don't want user to send donation to black hole
Thanks for well-informing the misinformed
( I had downloaded and tested only the first attachment, I didn't take the time to download and test the more up-to-date binaries )
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:21   #40  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
The one you are talking about was made by SmartLabs, this one is made by Network Optix
Does anyone know the backstory here? When I first saw this thread, I thought it might be some sort of hoax.

Or maybe physic will explain how he got the baton from roman76r.
Closed Thread