Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th June 2003, 22:59   #401  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

I have 2x 2.1 speaker system what I can plug togheter. I wanna test too!!!
Old 27th June 2003, 14:26   #402  |  Link
Valky

Is there any way to edit my rmvb file afterwards so that I can change audio delay to -80ms?
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 16:31   #403  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Using a (a smile), you can mux on the fly your rmvb and your rm.
Old 27th June 2003, 16:57   #404  |  Link
RadicalEd

I just tried and it didnt work
RadicalEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 19:40   #405  |  Link
karl_lillevold

i tried to, at first it did not work, because I was missing the SMIL2 tag. The code below works (change the audio offset), but probably doubles decode complexity, since it may decode the video twice. If someone can think of another way to achieve this, speak out

Code:

<smil xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language"
  xmlns:rn="http://features.real.com/2001/SMIL20/Extensions">
  <head>
    <layout>
       <root-layout backgroundColor="black" width="704" height="288"/>
        <region id="Video" >
        <region id="VideoChannel1" soundLevel="100%" z-index="0"/>
        <region id="VideoChannel2" soundLevel="0%"   z-index="1"/>
      </region>

</layout>
  </head>
  <body>
    <par title="test">
      <audio src = "clip.rmvb" region="VideoChannel1"/>
      <video src = "clip.rmvb" region="VideoChannel2" begin="0.5s"/>
    </par>
  </body>
</smil>
Old 29th June 2003, 01:42   #406  |  Link
RadicalEd

oh yes, your method works, but sirber's is still buggy for me :o :|
RadicalEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2003, 01:46   #407  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

What Karl did is a smile ()...
Old 30th June 2003, 07:20   #408  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Re-wrote the beginning of the first post, to include a section on what I am doing in this forum, for three reasons: (1) to say thanks to Doom9 and the moderators for all the time spent running this site, which (2) has resulted in a forum with an incredible amount of useful discussions and ideas, and (3) to make sure everyone knows I do not want to sell anything to anyone. Yes, I do let you know when there is a new improvement, and about all the optimizations in RV9. Maybe that sounds like I am selling RV9.. So, maybe I am - it is free after all.. Otherwise, the old RealPlayer stigma would prevent anyone from trying what I know is worth trying, no..? Anyway, thanks to everyone who has given RV9-EHQ a fair evaluation. Based on current feedback, I don't think anyone has been disappointed.
Old 9th July 2003, 08:50   #409  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

could somebody please tell me what the "file roll" options do? I read the docs but can't seem to understand what 'roll' means in this context.

Thanks
Old 9th July 2003, 12:01   #410  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

normaly it's the prebuffering in milliseconds.
if i am wrong karl will surely correct me

++

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2003, 15:57   #411  |  Link
karl_lillevold

i was confused too when I first ran across the 'roll' option in TFC's HPG, because it's an option I have never tried. I think this is the meant to roll over to new output RM files every so often (in terms of filesize or time), and intended for live encoding to file, or when archiving a live encode. This way too large RM files are avoided. The RM file format does not support larger than 4 GB compressed RM files (there are no problems with large source files to Producer on Win32).
Old 9th July 2003, 16:43   #412  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Wrong!!! I can't compress a 2.7 GB wave with Helix GUI It crashes and return to desktop.
Old 9th July 2003, 17:12   #413  |  Link
karl_lillevold

right you are indeed! I have filed a problem report.

EDIT: Hmm, I thought it would work in Avisynth though, with WavSource, but a quick experiment shows that Avisynth as well fails to open a WAV files larger than 2GB. That might be quite problematic for 6ch encoding.

EDIT2: See this thread in the Avisynth Usage forum.
Until fixed, for long multi-channel encodes, the only option in Producer is to use the method of separate audio and video inputs, audio being an AC3 track decoded on the fly to producer by ac3filter, video an Avisynth script.

EDIT3: or use HeadAC3 to convert AC3 to 6ch WAV. This seems to produce "good" +2GB WAV files that Avisynth can read.

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 13th July 2003 at 03:45.
karl_lillevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2003, 03:39   #414  |  Link
justin

I have a question... how do you find out how to script your own rvmb profiles? I want to test out how some cartoons look, and I don't want to use Sirber's tool for making it easier, because I like things nice and complicated. I know that I am a nincombpoop

And also, is there any way to know for sure that you're encoding with EHQ, even if it's setup right, I keep wondering if it's not being used. This is my script, just one second... ah there it is:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<audience xmlns="http://ns.real.com/tools/audience.2.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://ns.real.com/tools/audience.2.0 http://ns.real.com/tools/audience.2.0.xsd">
	<avgBitrate type="uint">350000</avgBitrate>
	<maxBitrate type="uint">760000</maxBitrate>
	<streams>
		<stream xsi:type="videoStream">
			<pluginName type="string">rn-videocodec-realvideo</pluginName>
			<codecName type="string">rv9</codecName>
			<encodingType type="string">vbrQuality</encodingType>
			<encodingType type="string">vbrBitrate</encodingType>
			<quality type="uint">95</quality>
			<codecProperties type="bag">
			<encoderComplexity type="uint">80</encoderComplexity>
			<customPacketSize type="uint">16000</customPacketSize>
			</codecProperties>
			<maxStartupLatency type="double">60</maxStartupLatency>
			<maxFrameRate type="double">24</maxFrameRate>
			<maxKeyFrameInterval type="double">20</maxKeyFrameInterval>
			<enableLossProtection type="bool">false</enableLossProtection>
		</stream>
		<stream xsi:type="audioStream">
			<pluginName type="string">rn-audiocodec-realaudio</pluginName>
			<codecName type="string">cook</codecName>
			<codecFlavor type="uint">25</codecFlavor>
			<streamContext type="bag">
				<presentationType type="string">audio-video</presentationType>
				<audioMode type="string">music</audioMode>
			</streamContext>
		</stream>
	</streams>
</audience>
ok, and also, when I did an encode test of an anime, it turned out to be 350kbps, but I want it to be on quality mode of 95% instead. So do any of you guys know what's happening out there?!
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2003, 09:39   #415  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

personally, I use the rpad files generated by autorv9 and modify them using the two relevant documentation pages included with the producer.
Old 13th July 2003, 17:49   #416  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by justin
I have a question... how do you find out how to script your own rvmb profiles? I want to test out how some cartoons look, and I don't want to use Sirber's tool for making it easier, because I like things nice and complicated. I know that I am a nincombpoop
I like your sense for challenges. kilg0r3 made a good point. Start with an example, and read the documentation. Note the difference between an audience file and a job file. In job files everything is specified, incl inputs and outputs and pre-filters, and are ultimately the most flexible solution. Audience files are more limited and specify only the target audience, but simpler to get started with. For an advanced job file example with two sources, check this thread on RA Multi-channel, and here's another one with the DropDupe prefilter.

Quote:
And also, is there any way to know for sure that you're encoding with EHQ, even if it's setup right, I keep wondering if it's not being used. This is my script, just one second... ah there it is:
Well, based on your audience it should be enabled. If you really want to make sure check that the erv4.dll that's in the codecs folder of the producer you are using says "RealVideo 9 EHQ" in the description when right clicking on it. Also, if you encode a short test, run with both encoderComplexity set to 65 and 80. With 80 it should take 3-4X as long to encode.

Quote:
ok, and also, when I did an encode test of an anime, it turned out to be 350kbps, but I want it to be on quality mode of 95% instead. So do any of you guys know what's happening out there?!
That's because you have both vbrQuality and vbrBitrate in your audience. Remove the line with vbrBitrate and it should get you quality 95 (this should result in a pretty high bitrate, and you probably will not see much difference for a little lower quality, but experiments are a great way to learn). In AutoRV9's compressibility test, what is used for the reference quality is 87.
Old 14th July 2003, 20:27   #417  |  Link
justin

thanks for the feedback, yeah. Just about everything was in the help file, but at least I understand the syntax completely now (XML certainly is straitforward)

Wow, yeah 95% is a hog! I scripted up a job file instead and tried it again at 65% and it still came out pretty good (minus any action scenes).

Ok, this might sound awkward, I hope I can explain this ok... at 65% you get really sharp quality stills, but any scenes with motion are all garbled up. At 80%, those high motion scenes become a little clearer, but the still scenes become sharper too. Is there any way to get 65% quality stills and have crisp motion scenes as well?

Without using 2 pass, I'm not sure if two pass helps in this situation, but I wouldn't like to encode in two pass because it takes twice as long.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2003, 20:34   #418  |  Link
karl_lillevold

for vbrQuality make sure you set the maxBitrate very high

<maxBitrate type="uint">99999999</maxBitrate>

Otherwise, the maxBitrate will limit the quality during high action scenes. This sounds like what you are seeing.
Old 17th July 2003, 12:42   #419  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

New ac3filter (v0.69b)

Karl

I apologise in advance if you have already been asked about this. But have you had chance to test the new version of this filter with HelProd 9.2?

Cheers
Old 17th July 2003, 15:17   #420  |  Link
karl_lillevold

yes, I tested ac3filter 0.69b a few days ago, and it works fine as input source filter for AC3 to Producer, I don't know which change that fixed it. I edited the RA5.1 thread, but did not post a reply, which is why you did not know there was new information.