Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 19th September 2002, 06:44   #1  |  Link
mrsam

Here's one I hadn't seen them use before

I just tried to make a copy of Monster's Inc. Both wide screen and full screen versions are on one DVD so after ripping and usinf Ifoedit to remove menu stuff and lannguage streams I had well under 4.7G. Now for the bad new (I kept thinking this was too easy).

I made an image using Ifoedit and burned to DVD+RW with RecordNow MAX. Everything went well until I tried to play the movie. Somehow they have put a chroma boost (I guess that is what you qould call it) and the entire movie looks like you have you brightness control turned all the way up. It's so bright it's almost painful to look at.

I haven't seen this before (this is only about the 10th movie I've done so I'm pretty new to this). Has anybody seen it and do you have a fix?
mrsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 12:49   #2  |  Link
mpucoder

I can't even imagine how that might be done, or why it would look correct on the original and not the copy. All I can think is something went horribly wrong somewhere in the process.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 16:45   #3  |  Link
mrsam

I just went back and checked the VOBs on my HD and they look great. I have tried purning them directly to DVD and making an ISO and burning that with the same results. Since no transcoding was needed I haven't done anything with CCE and Maesstro yet. I may try demuxing the streams and reauthor in them to see if I can get control of this.

Has anybody else tried to copy Monsters Inc yet?
mrsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 21:09   #4  |  Link
jesoonster

ai yah yahi... i heard of some form of color copy protection like this. A new anime from Ghibli in Japan called "spirited away" has something like what you described to prevent people from copying. Unforutnately, for the makers it caused the entire movie to have a red-tint....
jesoonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 23:20   #5  |  Link
Sy

I had no problems... I ripped the widescreen version with dvd decrypter, then I stripped the file to a new directory (just so it would recreate the IFO files) but kept the subtitles and all 3 audio tracks. did the "Get VTS Sectors", then burnt with parassi primo dvd.. worked perfectly for me...
~Sy
Old 20th September 2002, 06:20   #6  |  Link
dvman

Something must have gone wrong. This movie worked like a charme .
Old 23rd September 2002, 11:29   #7  |  Link
jamesdc

Monsters Inc

I've just done the Monsters, Inc collectors special edition and it worked find. The movie was just under 6Gb, but I backed up the whole disk without problem just by using DVD Decrypter, then rempeging the movie title set and remuxing using IFOEdit 0.6.

All worked perferctly.

JamesDC
jamesdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 12:11   #8  |  Link
dilligaf

Backed up the Aussie version OK, movie only came to 4.1Gb. Plays great.
dilligaf is offline   Reply With Quote