Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th September 2003, 12:02   #1  |  Link
FulciLives

Help Please with odd TMPGEnc CRASH Error

Hello

I never had this problem before but it just happened twice.
This is the error that I am getting:

Read error occurred at address 0049F251 of module "TMPGEnc.exe" with 00000010

This pops up in a dialog box with the only option to click on "OK" and when I do it the main window of TMPGEnc pops up with all my settings but with the encoding STOPED at 76%

I should point out that this may very well be a problem with the source. I have an AVI capture and both times I've tried to encode it I get the same error at the exact same point in time.

I'm doing a 2-pass VBR with LPCM sound. Both times I get this error at 76% and it just crashes TMPGEnc (well it sure stops my encoding).

I have TMPGEnc Plus 2.5
Version 2.59.47.155
Core Version 1.92.142

I've been using this version of TMPGEnc for a LONG time now and never had this problem before.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
FulciLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2003, 14:51   #2  |  Link
echooff
Hi Everyone

Sounds to me like the file has a currupt spot. Open the file in VirtualDub. Move the slider over to the approximate problem area and push play. You will soon find out if my suspicsions are correct. If it is correct you have 2 choices.
1. reaquire the file
2. cut out the currupt portion
Old 26th September 2003, 01:25   #3  |  Link
FulciLives

Quote:
Originally posted by echooff
Sounds to me like the file has a currupt spot. Open the file in VirtualDub. Move the slider over to the approximate problem area and push play. You will soon find out if my suspicsions are correct. If it is correct you have 2 choices.
1. reaquire the file
2. cut out the currupt portion
I loaded the original AVI file in VirtualDubMod and ran the scan for bad frames and it reported ZERO bad frames.

Could it somehow be my AviSynth AVS script causing a problem?

I've loaded the file into VirtualDubMod by selecting the AviSynth AVS script and I am attempting to run the scan again but it is going VERY slow. Slower than real time. I guess the script is slowing it down.

I'll report the results when it is done.

But I'm wondering if maybe I might get it to work if I load it first in VirtualDubMod (using the AVS as the source) and then frameserve into TMPGEnc. Maybe something with my TMPGEnc environmental settings is screwing it up.

I've done this before with other captures though and never had a problem.

It will be interesting to see if it finds any bad frames when scanning through it using the AVS script.

Old 26th September 2003, 11:51   #4  |  Link
FulciLives

Well after running the bad frame check again (this time having loaded the AVI into VirtualDubMod by selecting the AviSynth AVS file) there are ... once again ... no reported bad frames.

So I don't know what to think.

I am going to try and frameserve from VirtualDubMod to TMPGEnc and see how things go that way.

Old 28th September 2003, 19:57   #5  |  Link
FulciLives

Quote:
I am going to try and frameserve from VirtualDubMod to TMPGEnc and see how things go that way.
Even though it appears no one could care less about this thread I just wanted to state that for the record it did work when I frameserved through VirtualDubMod.

Why it wouldn't work loading the AVI directly into TMPGEnc I don't know.

Perhaps someting to do with my ENVIRONMENTAL LEVELS.

Although as I said I never had problems with other captures ... just this one.