Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2009, 09:11   #2041  |  Link
Patrick Bateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
you're running on windows 7 ? where is located CUVIDServer.exe on your system ?
Indeed I am on windows 7. CUVIDServer is in a folder on my desktop, where it always has been. But as I said, I get the message whether I am running it or not, so that can't be the problem. Normally if I forgot to run it, I'd get an error saying 'CUVIDServer is not running'.
Old 21st April 2009, 09:20   #2042  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Actually, megui checkes in your DGxxxNV folder to find CUVIDServer exec. Isn't there ? If not, I suggest you to put in this folder and that should be fine...

I added this function to avoid the error message like above.
Old 21st April 2009, 09:51   #2043  |  Link
Patrick Bateman

Quote:
Actually, megui checkes in your DGxxxNV folder to find CUVIDServer exec. Isn't there ? If not, I suggest you to put in this folder and that should be fine...

I added this function to avoid the error message like above.
Yep. I never bothered directing Megui to where I keep my indexers. I ran the programs independently. Directing it to them fixed it. -- I see it also executes CUVIDServer if it isn't running now.

Well, thanks a lot!

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 21st April 2009 at 09:57.
Old 21st April 2009, 13:46   #2044  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by samepaul View Post
Sharktooth It's not question who is smart and who isn't. If you paid attention I don't judge here anybody and especially authors of megui. I encountered bug (unnecessary file scanning) and suggested performance improvement (use directx directly instead of avisynth frameserving which is proven to be slow and have seeking problem). Take it in account or not - it's authors call. I don't really care as you correctly noted I use another software. Namely MediaCoder. It's not perfect (otherwise I wouldn't bother with MeGUI) but still fits better my needs.
As for taking a part in development... I'm C programmer and don't really like .NET
avisynth is necessary for it's powerfull scripting and filters.
also, directshow is not as accurate as avisynth since it depends on video drivers that are usually broken (most of the times the problem is wrong colorscale conversions). it also has seeking problems, depending on the decoder and it is not frame accurate...
Old 21st April 2009, 17:02   #2045  |  Link
Chumbo

May I ask for a "wish list" item please? When the update module updates the components and asks to restart, it resets the UI after the restart. Any chance this can be "fixed" so the UI stays as it was, i.e., size and position after the updates? Thank you.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:33   #2046  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

yeah...already posted as feature request.
Old 21st April 2009, 19:03   #2047  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
yeah...already posted as feature request.
Great. Sorry for the repost as I didn't find it when I searched initially, which surprised me. Thank you.
Old 24th April 2009, 08:23   #2048  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Ok, I've scrolled through the last couple months' worth of posts to see if anyone reported an issue I have, but I don't see anything about it. I hope I didn't overlook it.

With a fresh install of MeGUI from the latest build, and after fully updating everything, I went ahead and modified the x264 scratchpad to my own liking. Upon closing the program, I run into an error. I can't remember what it says off the top of my head, but it has something to do with a file already existing. Anyway, when I re-open MeGUI, all of the profiles are gone with just the scratchpads left. Force reinstalling the profiles fixes the issue though.

I'm on Vista 64-bit if that helps. I've been able to reproduce this issue on different computers with Vista, so it seems consistent and predictable. Apologies in advance that I couldn't give any more specific details.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:52   #2049  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

the exact error is actually an important part of your report...

Last edited by Sharktooth; 24th April 2009 at 15:33.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:38   #2050  |  Link
Neillithan
Banned

This has probably been suggested before but I'm going to request it because I feel as though it would make a nice addition to MeGUI.

Can FLAC be added to MeGUI?

The Reason: I like to use MeGUI to make a lossless conversion of some of my videos (for archiving purposes) and to do this, I have to follow these steps:

1. encode the video as H.264 Lossless in MeGUI
2. use MediaCoder to convert the audio of the video to FLAC
3. use MKV Toolnix to mux the .264 and FLAC as .MKV

That's 3 steps and 3 different programs to do something really useful.

If MeGUI supported FLAC I could do all of that in 1 single step without the need for additional programs.

Please add FLAC support to MeGUI?

Thanks,
-Neil
Old 24th April 2009, 14:51   #2051  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

FLAC support is already in the HD Streams Extractor for lossless audio from Blu-ray. When else would you need it, other than with a lossless audio input source? PCM Stereo is (in my experience) rare enough in DVDs that firing up foobar2000 to do the compression isn't an inconvenience. Plus, in that scenario, more often than not you're splitting by chapter from a music DVD and probably want to tag the split files anyway...
Old 25th April 2009, 05:12   #2052  |  Link
Neillithan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
FLAC support is already in the HD Streams Extractor for lossless audio from Blu-ray. When else would you need it, other than with a lossless audio input source? PCM Stereo is (in my experience) rare enough in DVDs that firing up foobar2000 to do the compression isn't an inconvenience. Plus, in that scenario, more often than not you're splitting by chapter from a music DVD and probably want to tag the split files anyway...
Archiving purposes. I think it should be included because it can be. I use MeGUI to encode videos I make, I don't use it to encode Blu Ray movies. What I mean to say is, just because I don't use FLAC for the exact purpose you mentioned doesn't mean I shouldn't use it for any other purposes. FLAC would compliment MeGUI especially if I could choose it from the drop down list of audio encoders.

I hope the inclusion of a codec is not based solely on "how" it can be used, but rather "if" it can be used.

-Neil
Old 25th April 2009, 12:01   #2053  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
the exact error is actually an important part of your report...
K, I managed to reproduce the error message again. I can't pinpoint the exact cause of this issue, but it definitely has something to do with modifying a profile sometime after a fresh MeGUI install (and after completely updating everything). It doesn't always occur immediately after the first modification from what I've seen.

Old 25th April 2009, 14:56   #2054  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Quote:
I hope the inclusion of a codec is not based solely on "how" it can be used, but rather "if" it can be used.
Using FLAC for anything but lossless source audio is stupid, and MeGUI already makes FLAC available for the vast majority of lossless sources.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:40   #2055  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

no...it's a relevant feature request to ask to add a lossless audio codec.

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 26th April 2009 at 07:55.
Old 28th April 2009, 09:21   #2056  |  Link
DexterLab23

I want to be enlighten about something in MeGUI.
From where I can put/set in MeGUI the Audio Delay that is shown in the file:
"*Stream Information.txt" ? I found two possible places:

1. When I launch MeGUI in the main menu, down, right to the "Extension: MP4-ACC" is written "Delay".
2. Or when I mux together the video and audio stream, in Tools -> Muxer -> MP4 Muxer, is written at the Audio 1 tab, "Delay".

3. From where I can set now the Audio Delay ? Or I must set both (1 and 2, see above) ?
4. Or I must set only one option (1 and 2, see above) ?

Best regards.

P.S. I want a fast answer.
P.P.S. If Sharktooth could answer will be great.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:38   #2057  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

It's better to put audio delay when you transcode your audio streams...
Old 28th April 2009, 12:05   #2058  |  Link
DexterLab23

Please be more explicit, I dont understand you. Do you mean when I transcode with DGIndex 1.5.4 ? Also you did not answered on any my questions. Please help with some clear advice.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:18   #2059  |  Link
nurbs

DGIndex doesn't transcode the audio (or video), it just extracts them. When you load one of the extracted audio files on the input tab in megui you can see that that the audio delay value from the filename is automatically entered in the delay box, so you shouldn't have to do anything manually. The encoded file will also automatically be renamed to idicate that the delay has been corrected. The new delay value in the encoded file will be 0ms. After the delay is corrected during encoding you obviously don't have any more delay when you mux the files, and so you don't have to enter it again.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:59   #2060  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

I've done numerous encodes using H264 & MPEG-2 as source material on Windows 7 without a problem, but I am really stumped on VC-1. When I switch back to Vista x64 it runs fine, but 7 x64 just won't let me do it. What did Microsoft change in the WMV9 codec support for Win7? I suspect my problem stems from the fact that FFDshow will not load in Win7, but I would love to find a workaround. I really like Win7 and am tired of switching back and forth. I have spent hours combing the net for answers to this dilemna (RipBot264, HDConverToX, etc. also fail to work). Any help would be deeply appreciated....
Closed Thread