Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th August 2007, 21:02   #10  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Can anybody with SVN access please upload a little patch for me? I've done the changes to Casimir's SVN, but I don't know SVN well enough to "upload" something.

http://madshi.net/dtsac3source.zip

Contained is a new version of DTSAC3Source.cpp (together with a new compiled dtsac3source.ax). There are 3 changes in the source code:

(1) m_AvgTimePerFrame calculation was incorrect for AC3.
(2) m_AvgTimePerFrame calculation was incorrect for DTS.
(3) Fix for problems with audio sync with Blu-Ray/HD DVD DTS files.

The problem with (3) is this: Usually 1536kbit/s DTS tracks have 2013 bytes per frame. But DTS tracks taken from HD DVD and Blu-Ray strangely only have 2012 bytes per frame. DTSAC3Source handled this mathematically correctly. But audio sync slowly drifted away from the video. We have to mathematically handle the 2012 frames as if they were 2013 bytes long to keep audio sync while seeking.
I would like to include this patch in my patched MPC build. I have looked at the code changes (compared to guliverkli SVN). Are you sure your patch doesn't break parsing of regular AC3/DTS stuff? Because framesize and bytesperframe values are much bigger now (multiplied by magic numbers).

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc