Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 21st January 2006, 18:55   #241  |  Link
Drinken

Ok, so the layout is as follows...
Source: C:\MULAN\VIDEO_TS
VB backup folder located in C:\MULAN\VobBlanker_backup

Log output:
Quote:
mkisofs log for DVD "MULAN"
DVD-TEXT General Name: ""
Provider ID: "MULAN"
Number of VTS: 12
Output file: "D:\Burn\MULAN.ISO"
Volume label: "MULAN"

mkisofs 2.01 X (i686-pc-cygwin)
The pad was 16 for file VIDEO_TS.IFO
The pad was 6 for file VTS_02_1.VOB
The pad was 6 for file VTS_12_1.VOB
The pad was 16 for file VIDEO_TS.IFO
The pad was 6 for file VTS_02_1.VOB
The pad was 6 for file VTS_12_1.VOB
Notice the duplicates, and lack of warnings/errors. I'm going to try putting the backupfolder inside VIDEO_TS now, see if it makes any difference.

Edit: After moving VobBlanker_backup into VIDEO_TS PGCedit prompts with the mkisofs Invalid node - -m error, and prompted if it should delete the backups and continue (YES), continue w/o deleting the backups (NO), or cancel.
There's a typo in the dialogue BTW, "mkisofs returnde the...".

So I guess the solution is to configure VB to store the backup folder inside VIDEO_TS.

Last edited by Drinken; 21st January 2006 at 19:01.
Drinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2006, 19:07   #242  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I have just modified (again) the way the burn function sends the mkisofs command. I hope now that this irritating - -m bug will be fixed. With some luck, the location of the backup will not matter any more.
A new beta will be available in a couple of days...
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 15:56   #243  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I've hated the --m bug since I first came across it. It's a plague and a pox!

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 10:10   #244  |  Link
Denis Fomin

Bug in <Remap Titlesets> command

First of all I would like to say thank you r0lZ for this unbelievable tool It's more than a knife it's an axe. I can literally butcher a DVD with it Carve it anyway I like it
And to the point. It's seems to be a bug in <Remap Titlesets> command in PgcEdit 0.6.2. The setup:

VMGM: has a button referencing VTS2 menu with the command
Jump to VTSM 2, Root menu (TTN 1)

VTS 2: here is the main feature and a menu

so as you can see this DVD's (R2 Taxi Driver btw) menu spans across VMG and VTS2. I want to make VTS2 into VTS1 so the main feature is in the first TitleSet and I'll be able to delete the rest of the TitleSets which are all kinds of extra material. I use PgcEdit's <Remap Titlesets> command. It does the file renaming alright but command
Jump to VTSM 2, Root menu (TTN 1)
in VMG does NOT change to
Jump to VTSM 1, Root menu (TTN 1)
as it should.
I changed it manually but thought you would like to know Plus it gave me the opportunity to say my thanks for PgcEdit
Denis Fomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 11:55   #245  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks, Denis!
There was indeed a big bug in the remap titlesets function: the JumpSS commands in the menu buttons of the VMGM were modified, but not saved! Since the DVD is reloaded automatically after the remap titleset operation, the modified commands were overwritten by the original ones.
It's fixed now. Thanks again!

V0.6.3 will be released very soon. Probably today.

Last edited by r0lZ; 28th January 2006 at 11:57.
Old 28th January 2006, 16:47   #246  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

PgcEdit v0.6.3 released!

PgcEdit v0.6.3 release history:
  • A. It is now possible to bypass a menu with buttons with Kill Playback. The user is prompted to select the button to simulate.
  • A. Pgc EDitor -> Create new blank cell: New interface. It is now possible to insert the cell at the beginning of the PGC.
  • E. Pgc Editor -> Create New Blank Cell: The GUI has been revamped completely. It is now possible to use an existing and referenced Cell from the original VOB file, or, as before, to create a new blank cell. The button to call this function has been renamed from "Create a new blank cell" to "Create a new cell".
  • A. Pgc EDitor -> Create new blank cell and Reassign VOB/Cell ID: Option added to reuse the last tiny blank cell at the end of the VOB file (available only when that cell has been created previously by PgcEdit.)
  • E. Pgc Editor -> Create new blank cell and Reassign VOB/Cell ID: There is now a Preview button in the GUI to show the selected replace cell.
  • E. Jump to PGC upon DVD insert: When the target PGC is in a menu domain, the last title played before the target PGC is now always called (but not played) just before the target menu PGC so that a valid resume point exists when the menu is reached for the first time. This method should fix the (rare) problem caused by the usage of a RSM command in the menu to call the main title. Previously, the title PGC was called before the menu only when it was in the same titleset than the target menu.
  • E. When importing titles in a DVD with parental managment, the user is now prompted to remove the parental managment of the original DVD, and when importing a menu, it is prompted to clear the parental managment IDs of the menu PGCs, if there are IDs in the menu.
  • E. Burn DVD: Interface revamped, and new option to close automatically PgcEdit after a successful ISO creation.
  • E. Burn DVD: The new ImgBurn 1.1 command lines options /CLOSESUCCESS and /WAITFORMEDIA are now used instead of /CLOSE (though /CLOSE is still used if the ISO image is burnt with DVD Decrypter.) Please note that you need ImgBurn 1.1.0.0 or the "Close ImgBurn" option will not work!
  • F Burn DVD: The layer break sector passed to ImgBurn or DVDD was wrong when burning a DL DVD-R. (No problem with DL DVD+R.)
  • F. Burn DVD: Changed the way the backup files are excluded from the compilation. In v0.6.2, the old method caused harmless errors when the DVD files were moved in the new VIDEO_TS directory.
  • F? Burn DVD: Changed again the syntax to exclude the backup files from the compilation to avoid the mkisofs "-m" bug.
  • F Burn DVD: A batch file is now always used under Windows to call mkisofs, and the mkisofs command line is split in environment variables to avoid the line too long M$-DOS bug under Win9X.
  • F? Burn DVD: Redirecting stderr to stdout doesn't work under Win9X! Workaround: the output of mkisofs is not well checked under Win9X. For this reason, the user should take care of the error messages in the log!
    See the warning under Win9X when the Burn Setup dialog is opened.
  • F. Burn DVD: Wrong error message when moving the backup folders in VIDEO_TS.
  • F. Burn DVD: Under Windows, it is now impossible to type foreign characters in the output ISO field, because those characters are not correctly translated by MKISOFS, and therefore the file cannot be opened by ImgBurn.
  • F. Kill PGC Playback: The Set, SetCLnk, CSetCLnk or CSetLNK command with a Link to a cell, program or chapter were not trapped. Now, a dialog pops up to warn the user.
  • F. PGC Editor: Fixed a bug in the Cell preview: A wrong cell was shown after a Vob/Cell ID remapping.
  • F. PGC Editor: Toggling the Layer Break checkbox did not change the seamless joint flag value. This bug has been introduced in v0.6.2.
  • F. Command Editor - CallSS command: The option to resume at the point where the title was interupted (resume cell 0) has been removed, since this option seems illegal in all cases.
  • F. Remap Titlesets: The modified JumpSS-VTSM commands in the menu buttons of the VMGM were not saved during the operation.
  • W. Workaround for the pskill.exe problem with McAfee antivirus. It is now encrypted in the standalone executable, so that McAfee doesn't complain. McAfee may still complain when the real file is scanned in the bin folder.

DVDShrink plugin v1.4 released!
  • DVDShrink Remote Buttons: Added the options to use the Prev Chapter button and/or the Return button to go back to the beginning of the previous title
Old 28th January 2006, 18:30   #247  |  Link
bourtzovlakas
dvd.stuff.gr moderator

bourtzovlakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 18:50   #248  |  Link
[Tobi]

I cannot send mail, therefore here...

The bug with the "Cancel" button in the Select Layer Break window is there again.
[Tobi] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 21:26   #249  |  Link
jeanl

r0lZ,
Thanks for the release! The menu killing feature is awesome! That's 4 or 5 guides that just became obsolete! Really cool! I'm impressed!
jeanl
Old 28th January 2006, 21:34   #250  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks.
But I have to release a new version! Tobi is right. There is a bug in the Burn DL DVD GUI.
Old 28th January 2006, 22:13   #251  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

let us know when it is out...will it be a new version # or the same with the fixed code. Was gonna try a DL...should I wait?
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 22:42   #252  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I will chanhge the version number. Perhaps 0.6.3.1.

You can burn a DL safely. The bug is only in the GUI. If you click the Cancel button in the LB selection dialog, the dialog is closed, but the main burn window has the OK and Cancel buttons disabled. It is not possible to close the burn GUI, and you have to kill PgcEdit.
But if you continue the burn normally, it should work. I haven't changed the way the IFOs are patched and saved, nor the mkisofs and ImgBurn parameters (though the way mkisofs is called is now different, and the bug when passing the LB value for a DL-R to ImgBurn is fixed.)
Old 29th January 2006, 00:08   #253  |  Link
DiggnSaeg

Just one quick question:
After using "Blank out all VTST Titles", saving and reopening a DVD...
Why am I asked to verify the "number of streams (in whole DVD)"?
DiggnSaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 00:16   #254  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The verification of the number of streams at startup was requested by several users. It's not mandatory, and you can switch this option off via the options menu.
Old 29th January 2006, 00:41   #255  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

thanks...will wait for new version...thanks again for everything
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 02:30   #256  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Thanks once more... Incredible application.

I don't agree with the "0" starting in the release numbering. Seems it is a beta, unstable, and this is confussing... I really think you should change to 1.anything (or better 6.3 if you want)

jsoto
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 08:03   #257  |  Link
DiggnSaeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
The verification of the number of streams at startup was requested by several users. It's not mandatory, and you can switch this option off via the options menu.
I do believe that this procedure is very meaningful, too.

I'll rephrase my question: Why is there something to fix after blanking
out all VTST titles? Isn't the number of streams adjusted as well when
using this function?
DiggnSaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 10:12   #258  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@DiggnSaeg

What happens is that the stream needs to stay in place as it may need to be selected. jsoto first brought this to our attention - see here.

So after blanking, the domaion attributes are "out" and need to be re-instated.

BTW: Thanks r0lZ for another Herculean effort!

Regards

Last edited by blutach; 29th January 2006 at 10:19.
Old 29th January 2006, 10:19   #259  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto
Thanks once more... Incredible application.

I don't agree with the "0" starting in the release numbering. Seems it is a beta, unstable, and this is confussing... I really think you should change to 1.anything (or better 6.3 if you want)

jsoto
I call it 6.3 myself. It is LONG past 0.x.x

Regards

Old 29th January 2006, 10:34   #260  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I understand the message.
But, really, I can't jump from 0.6.3 to 6.3 or even 1.0 just for a small bug fix!
And I suppose there are still some bugs in the current version. So, I prefer, for now, to consider it still as a somewhat unstable version.
But it's OK. The next major release will be 1.0.
Thanks for your support, guys!