Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th July 2008, 01:41   #1961  |  Link
womble2

Maybe because of the bitrate ?
Try 768 oder something similar
womble2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 03:08   #1962  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Complane to Apple. Cause thats sad CS to break what worked B4...
Old 12th July 2008, 10:50   #1963  |  Link
dchao

Two suggestions:

1) Let the user add new jobs when RipBot has started encoding.

2) Demuxing at the beginning takes a long time if the video is long. It would be nice to let user add new jobs when it is demuxing as well.

My 2 cents.
dchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 10:55   #1964  |  Link
Huit

Would it be possible to add the subtitle setting that are available in tsMuxer (Font, size, borderwidth, offsets, etc)? Right now I do it manually by redoing the sup files while the encoding is taking place. Not a big deal but perhaps it's a nice addon for the program.

A different thing regarding subs, I think there's a bug in the ass => srt conversion. The new line code is converted to "/n" which is actually added as text.
Huit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 11:07   #1965  |  Link
Nozomi

Atak,

Just tested RipBot264 v1.10.3 with a 31 sec. XVID w/mp3 sound track avi clip using the SD PSP profile, RipBot264 successful created the mp4 but I found the audio with several repeated sequence problem. Here is the download link for the original clip with the output and complete job log for your investigation -> RipBot2641.10.3TEST.7z

Many thanks for provide this great utility anyways...
Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 13:07   #1966  |  Link
riptorn

Wow, after a long wait and reading this thread daily, I can finally post!

I ripped all three pirate blurays to my pc then ran conversion on them; first two are fantastic, look great, sound great. The third movie though had a couple of broken up frames and the audio after about 10 minutes in is junk.

What log file would i need to check to see what went wrong? is this the rip being bad or the demux then recode stage?

Thanks for the awesome tool btw.
riptorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 13:58   #1967  |  Link
survivant001

I found how to mux bluray structure that will support the ff in the PS3.

we need to remove theses parameters from the command line to tsmuxer : insertSEI, contSPS

if we mux the movie.264 + ac3 with that.. it will play perfectly.. and will support ff and rw
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 14:21   #1968  |  Link
mmmmdonut

Request:

Atak could you put an abort button on the window where you select which video and audio track to process?

Thx
mmmmdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 19:00   #1969  |  Link
Rumbah

I really like using RipBot264 now that I bought a PSP as portable media player. The results are really great but nevertheless I have a few feature requests:

1. Allow an avi file as audio source. When I load a self made avs file as video, I can manually select the audio file. But I can only select mp3, wav, etc. as source but not the original avi file. It would be great if I could select the avi file and RipBot demuxes the audio for me as it does if I select an avi as video source.

2. Add a mono audio profile. If I squeeze a 45-50 minutes video to about 150 mb, a 35 mb audio file is too big. Converting it to mono would cut the audio need by half and it's not that a big quality loss for a portable device.

3. Add NeroAAC support. I guess that appeared on the 99 pages in this thread but I admit that I didn't read all the pages. The LC VBR 0.3 profile gives a good small file as result (for mono about 40-45 kbps for a movie). Of course you had to add video bitrate calculation after audio encoding if you added support for VBR audio.

I hope some of these things can be integrated in future versions to make RipBot264 even better
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 21:05   #1970  |  Link
spida_singh

just a quick question, any ideas why i cant set the custom resolution to 1920x1080 to make a compliant blu ray disk from a video file? It goes to 1088, not 1080?
spida_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 23:01   #1971  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1) Let the user add new jobs when RipBot has started encoding.
hmmmmm I don't know....

Quote:
2) Demuxing at the beginning takes a long time if the video is long. It would be nice to let user add new jobs when it is demuxing as well.
Remuxing 2 or more movies at the same time would be probably even slower. Hard drive would have to much work to do (Read -> Write , Read -> Write, ...)

Quote:
A different thing regarding subs, I think there's a bug in the ass => srt conversion. The new line code is converted to "/n" which is actually added as text.
I will fix ass2srt app later

Quote:
Just tested RipBot264 v1.10.3 with a 31 sec. XVID w/mp3 sound track avi clip using the SD PSP profile, RipBot264 successful created the mp4 but I found the audio with several repeated sequence problem. Here is the download link for the original clip with the output and complete job log for your investigation -> RipBot2641.10.3TEST.7z
Audio is corrupted. However if you remux entire avi to mkv it can be fixed. (use mmg.exe)

Quote:
The third movie though had a couple of broken up frames and the audio after about 10 minutes in is junk.
If you have the same problem during preview function in RipBot264 then it means that movie was not correctly ripped/decrypted.

Quote:
Atak could you put an abort button on the window where you select which video and audio track to process?
I will do it later. I was thinking about it earlier at work

Quote:
1. Allow an avi file as audio source. When I load a self made avs file as video, I can manually select the audio file. But I can only select mp3, wav, etc. as source but not the original avi file. It would be great if I could select the avi file and RipBot demuxes the audio for me as it does if I select an avi as video source.
I'm afraid you will have to do it manually

Quote:
2. Add a mono audio profile. If I squeeze a 45-50 minutes video to about 150 mb, a 35 mb audio file is too big. Converting it to mono would cut the audio need by half and it's not that a big quality loss for a portable device.
Mono? No way

Quote:
3. Add NeroAAC support. I guess that appeared on the 99 pages in this thread but I admit that I didn't read all the pages. The LC VBR 0.3 profile gives a good small file as result (for mono about 40-45 kbps for a movie). Of course you had to add video bitrate calculation after audio encoding if you added support for VBR audio.
Nero license does not allow me to distribute nero encoder with my package. End of story.

Quote:
just a quick question, any ideas why i cant set the custom resolution to 1920x1080 to make a compliant blu ray disk from a video file? It goes to 1088, not 1080?
Size MUST BE SET to HD-Full
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 00:04   #1972  |  Link
Ashmodai

Pleeeeeeasaaaasssseee add an option for AAC 2 channel + AC3 for appletv ))
Ashmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 00:44   #1973  |  Link
Rumbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I'm afraid you will have to do it manually
Ok, I'll have to live with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Mono? No way

Nero license does not allow me to distribute nero encoder with my package. End of story.
Ok, would it bother you if I'll release a wrapper for these problems? I've already written it for my personal usage (mono and NeroAAC) but for release I would "polish" it a little bit. Of course if anyone wants to use it you have to download the Nero encoder separately
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 01:42   #1974  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

The Installer has been updated!
TBC=(To Be Changed) CFR=(changed for release()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbah View Post

Ok, would it bother you if I'll release a wrapper for these problems? I've already written it for my personal usage (mono and NeroAAC) but for release I would "polish" it a little bit. Of course if anyone wants to use it you have to download the Nero encoder separately
Sure upload it I can include it in the installer...

As for Nero I can have the installer download NeroAAC and locate it in a specific folder... No need to include it but have it as option for download... PM me with details..

Last edited by Ajax_Undone; 13th July 2008 at 01:50.
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 04:10   #1975  |  Link
Nozomi

Quote:

Audio is corrupted. However if you remux entire avi to mkv it can be fixed. (use mmg.exe)
mkv doesn't make sense for me because I will use the PSP as player. I have tested the same avi clip converted to mp4avc using MeGUI and other tools are okay, that's why I think that is something related with RipBot264.
Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 06:37   #1976  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

massage generated by ffmpeg during demuxing mp3 stream

Quote:
[NULL @ 00ABC290]illegal chroma format
[NULL @ 00ABC290]only rectangular vol supported
Marker bit missing before time_increment_resolution
Marker bit missing before fixed_vop_rate
[NULL @ 00ABC290]hmm, seems the headers are not complete, trying to guess time_i
ncrement_bits
[NULL @ 00ABC290]my guess is 1 bits
[NULL @ 00ABC290]hmm, seems the headers are not complete, trying to guess time_i
ncrement_bits
[NULL @ 00ABC290]my guess is 3 bits

size= 446kB time=29.1 bitrate= 125.5kbits/s
Like I said Audio is corrupted. FFmpeg does not lie Megui and other gui's do not demux audio by default.

Remux entire avi to mkv and then import mkv in ripbot.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 13th July 2008 at 06:41.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 11:00   #1977  |  Link
Huit

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivant001 View Post
I found how to mux bluray structure that will support the ff in the PS3.

we need to remove theses parameters from the command line to tsmuxer : insertSEI, contSPS

if we mux the movie.264 + ac3 with that.. it will play perfectly.. and will support ff and rw
I can confirm that this also works for the standalone Panasonic DMP-BD30
Old 13th July 2008, 11:16   #1978  |  Link
survivant001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huit View Post
I can confirm that this also works for the standalone Panasonic DMP-BD30
thanks a lot

I need to find a way how to remove that from ripbot without editing the commandline each time.
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 11:37   #1979  |  Link
Huit

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivant001 View Post
thanks a lot

I need to find a way how to remove that from ripbot without editing the commandline each time.
Ask Atak?
Old 13th July 2008, 13:16   #1980  |  Link
deets

i have a small request from a PSP perspective would it be possible to output a thumbnail at the end of a psp encode so we can upload the video with a nice pic to go with it!
deets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360