Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 17th January 2012, 16:20   #1361  |  Link
wanezhiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Mav View Post
is there a certain driver version requirement for MPEG4-ASP hardware acceleration?
1. vista/2008/win7
2. nvidia purevideo VP4/5

enough
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 22:05   #1362  |  Link
Cyber-Mav

i meed the hardware requirements, but looks like there is no decoder available yet to make use of the hardware for decoding xvid via gpu.
Cyber-Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 02:35   #1363  |  Link
Mikey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Burrows View Post
I am currently using a LG W2452V monitor, the full specs can be found here:
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/revie...lg-w2452v.html

The country is Brazil, but I don't think it makes any difference in this regard. The video card is 8800 GTS 512 MB, in Core Quad 9450, 2 GB/RAM DDR2-800, Windows 7, Abit IP35 Pro (motherboard), Hard Drive 7200 RPM... I guess this is it.

Even using LAV Audio Decoder I still have audio sync issues with this .m2ts file from the 1080i (60i) source:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Torchw...ay/923/#Review

It's barely noticeable, but it's there, in some scenes you are listening to the audio track after the lips start moving. However, I haven't noticed any problems using Total MediaTheatre, which is a proprietary software from Arcsoft. Why can't we use their decoder?

And it's probably something I am experiencing, not you. Someone explained to me in another thread that my video card (dated 2007 - so it's old now, specially for HD contents) - does not support VC-1 fully (only H264/AVC), so the minor audio delay while using Media Player Classic-Home Cinema must be related to this. I didn't noticed the same audio sync issue with other titles.
Actually my specs are pretty close to your's-a strong overclocked CPU (Q6600-4core) and an even weaker video-card (Nvidia 8600GT.)

I also have a lot of experience using Arcsoft codecs in MPC (this is because I *have* to use their renderer in order to pass-through DTS-MA or TrueHD.) Long story, it can be done, but it's really tricky (the GUI for the Standalone Arcsoft decoder is buggy since it's not used in TMT for instance.)

I'm typing this at the auto mechanic on my phone, so I cannot go into more detail right now. A few questions (sorry if they're answered in your earlier posts-it's too tough to check on the phone.)

-I've seen you talk about multiple fps's...which has the sync issues (60fps?) The reason I ask what country is some countries use PAL for their tv's (this is on the tv itself) (25/50 fps) and others use NTSC (60 fps with movies at 24 (not 25 fps.) If your source material is 25 and your tv is 24, or if the source is 60 and your display is 50...there's your audio disconnect! Arcsoft handles this internally but Reclock does even better.

-If it is a matter of overloading your GPU I would suggest looking into software decoding (ie turn off CUVID...set it to "none")

-Are you having these problems with Lossless material (like TrueHD) or lossy? Your screenshots are all over the place-for instance you don't have h264 selected as an input on the video decoder and you didn't have DTS selected on the audio decoder. that will cause it to bypass to the next highest merit codec. In short, they're handled completely differently.

Ok my car is ready...I hope this helps. Id be willing to chat you through in more detail when your home (like checking GPU-Z, codec merits, input settings, etc...)
Mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 13:33   #1364  |  Link
Mosley

I've tested LAV CUVID on my HTPC Asrock 330ION with ATOM330 CPU and nVidia ION GPU, but the performance is rather slow if compared with CoreAVC CUDA, even if I get the best results with ffdshow DXVA decoder or MPC-HC DXVA internal decoder. Instead, I love LAV splitter, which on my HTPC is much more performant then Haali.
Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 03:06   #1365  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

hi nev, this splitter is getting better and better so kudos for that =)

I've had some problems w/ some 25fps progessive mpeg2 content that would output as 50fps for some reason...I'll try to come up w/ a sample, but do you think you could possibly put the version number on the very top of this thread please?

so when we hover the mouse on top of your thread, we could see the latest version number as w/ mVR:

Last edited by leeperry; 3rd February 2012 at 22:36.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:49   #1366  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Its kind of useless to mention a version number for a filter that is essentially dead and deprecated, so i put that commend in there instead.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 3rd February 2012 at 07:52.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:56   #1367  |  Link
wanezhiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosley View Post
I've tested LAV CUVID on my HTPC Asrock 330ION with ATOM330 CPU and nVidia ION GPU, but the performance is rather slow if compared with CoreAVC CUDA, even if I get the best results with ffdshow DXVA decoder or MPC-HC DXVA internal decoder. Instead, I love LAV splitter, which on my HTPC is much more performant then Haali.
This LAV CUVID decoder has outdated for a long time..

Look here:http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
Use this please, my test result always shows that LAV Video(CUVID) performs faster than CoreAVC CUDA or ffdshow DXVA on my VP4 card or VP5.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 02:26   #1368  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Its kind of useless to mention a version number for a filter that is essentially dead and deprecated, so i put that commend in there instead.
great! if you could also add the date next to it, that'd be really sweet...coz as much as I remember the version number of mVR and Reclock, I can't recall those of PotP/ffdshow and all associated splitters/decoders

I've sent you a link in PM to that sample I mentioned earlier.

leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 23:37   #1369  |  Link
kostasoft

Whether there will be a support of decoding MVC in the subsequent versions of the LAVFilters?
kostasoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 18:28   #1370  |  Link
oddball

Why is this thread still at the top of the page? Dump this already. LAV Filters should be at the top! BTW I think both LAV CUVID or LAV Filters should be in the same subforum it's confusing :P

Last edited by oddball; 9th February 2012 at 18:31.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 18:33   #1371  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Its on the top of the page because people like you keep pushing it. :P
Old 13th February 2012, 14:28   #1372  |  Link
Alexey1975

I vote for LAV CUVID Decoder continued to live and updated!
And that's why:
1. It's a PURE hardware mode decoder.
2. When I using it, I can be sure that the GPU only is processing the video, but not CPU. It has meaning when you need all CPU power for another purposes. (LAV Video Decoder, sometimes, not switch to hardware mode (for ex.: when using DVB Viewer with H.264 streams), unlike LAV CUVID Decoder).

Maybe 'Pure Hardware Mode' option for LAV Video Decoder will solve it? ...
Alexey1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 14:29   #1373  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You can vote all you want, its not going to change anything.
Old 13th February 2012, 14:47   #1374  |  Link
Alexey1975

You are nice, thanks!
Alexey1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 10:03   #1375  |  Link
Mosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
This LAV CUVID decoder has outdated for a long time..

Look here:http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
Use this please, my test result always shows that LAV Video(CUVID) performs faster than CoreAVC CUDA or ffdshow DXVA on my VP4 card or VP5.
Ok. I tested LAV Video Filter. Surprisingly in CUVID mode performance with my GPU (nVidia ION) is not good on "heavy" bluray with interlaced video, but in DXVA2 mode it work very well. DEFINITELY better than ffdshow.

Why such a big difference between CUVID and DXVA2?
Old 19th February 2012, 17:08   #1376  |  Link
dukey

Because in dxva mode the video is passed directly to the video renderer. In CUVID mode, the video is copied out of video memory back into system ram. Then depending on the renderer, copied back into video memory for presentation.
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 17:33   #1377  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

An ION is probably just borderline fast enough to deal with CUVID, so that some content makes it go over the edge. ION is certainly not a fast system.
Old 21st February 2012, 20:46   #1378  |  Link
Mosley

Many thanks for your answers.
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:01   #1379  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

One question:

I noticed it's necessary to change that "output mode" to 25/30 instead of 50/60 while watching 1080i contents (saved in Matroska (lossless) or not), otherwise we face audio sync problems. Is that change necessary? Once I changed, it seemed like the playback was fine.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:20   #1380  |  Link
sneaker_ger

GPU too slow?

Probably want to ask questions in the new thread, though:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote