Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 18th April 2008, 23:07   #21  |  Link
Wilbert

New version (v1.30) out with write support!
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 16:24   #22  |  Link
Wilbert

If anybody is still interested. v1.31 contains animation/multipage write support. Next version will have read/write sequence support.

edit: Does anyone know whether alpha is supported in BMP3? ImageMagick automatically creates BMP4 when feeding RGB32 (and BMP3 for RGB24), but i'm not convinced that alpha is not supported in BMP3.

Last edited by Wilbert; 20th May 2008 at 16:32.
Old 20th May 2008, 21:51   #23  |  Link
Archimedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
This package includes some ImageMagick dll's which are needed to use this plugin. They need to be in the same folder as the pictures you want to open (for some reason, putting them into your system folder doesn't work).
Do you also offer a static build? Copying the pictures to the ImageMagick DLL folder are not allways very comfortable.
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 04:00   #24  |  Link
gzarkadas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Do you also offer a static build? Copying the pictures to the ImageMagick DLL folder are not allways very comfortable.
You can put the image magic dlls in the system32 folder and just copy the avisynth script inside the images folder, so that you can use filenames without paths when calling Imma... functions (if you use paths you will get an error).

Just tested with Immaread; had immaavs.dll in another folder, image magick dlls in system32 and used various jpeg images in various folders.

@Wilbert,
The problem has to do with path handling, but I don't know exactly where; I may have time to search deeper later.
Old 21st May 2008, 21:59   #25  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
You can put the image magic dlls in the system32 folder and just copy the avisynth script inside the images folder, so that you can use filenames without paths
Yes, that works Thanks !!!

Quote:
@Wilbert,
The problem has to do with path handling, but I don't know exactly where; I may have time to search deeper later.
Let me know if you have figured this out!

Quote:
I still have to figure out how to do that gzarkadas, how do i do that? Do i need to add all ImageMagick libs (not just CORE_RL_magick_.lib) as lib modules in the link tab of the project settings? Or do I need to add all the libs to the project (Add to Project -> Files), just as i did with the source files.

Last edited by Wilbert; 21st May 2008 at 22:12.
Old 21st May 2008, 23:22   #26  |  Link
gzarkadas

Quote:
...Do i need to add all ImageMagick libs (not just CORE_RL_magick_.lib) as lib modules in the link tab of the project settings?...
Yes, all 49 libs (that's the number of dlls I counted with IM_MOD_... dlls included; a lot of work ) - at Configuration properties | Linker | Input | Additional Dependencies. This will create a large dll; around 6MB.

I will send a PM with some of my test-runs; they may be of use.
Old 27th May 2008, 23:26   #27  |  Link
Wilbert

Version 1.32 is out.

Changelog:

* changed license from "GPL v2 or later" to "GPL V2" (in order to be able to use sequence support from ImageReader/ImageWriter and AppyMessage);
* ImmaWrite: added sequence writing;
* fixed the path problem (by changing the working directory internally to the place of the image(s) and passing only the filename to the ImageMagick libs; won't work for W98) (thanks gzarkadas!);
* ImmaRead: added sequence reading and info;
* added the necessary info for compiling this plugin.

Syntax:

ImmaRead (string filename, int start, int end, bool animation, bool info)
ImmaWrite (string filename, int start, int end, string type, string mode, bool animation)
Old 28th May 2008, 12:14   #28  |  Link
Archimedes

Quote:
fixed the path problem

LoadDLL doesn't work, so have to copy the ImageMagick dll's to the program directory of Fritz Photo. This works now.

Is there a way to tell immaavs where to find the ImageMagick dll's (as a new parameter)? It's because, i like to copy all dll's in a subfolder of the program directory.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:21   #29  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
LoadDLL doesn’t work
Yes i know, but i don't know why.

Quote:
Is there a way to tell immaavs where to find the ImageMagick dll's (as a new parameter)? It's because, i like to copy all dll's in a subfolder of the program directory.
What don't you include that subfolder as PATH environment variable?
Old 28th May 2008, 12:33   #30  |  Link
Archimedes

The program itself should work without any changes to the system configuration (only AviSynth have to be installed). Is there a way within AviSynth to do that (setting a path environment for dll's)? If no, i will live with the dll’s in the main directory. That was the reason (handling of the dll's), why i asked for a static build.

Last edited by Archimedes; 28th May 2008 at 12:41.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:44   #31  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Is there a way within AviSynth to do that (setting a path environment for dll's)? If no, i will live with the dll’s in the main directory.
I will ask Stickboy to add this to his GetSystemEnv plugin
Old 30th May 2008, 09:28   #32  |  Link
stickboy
AviSynth Enthusiast

Okay, but it might take me a couple of days since I don't have a build environment set up anymore.
stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 14:18   #33  |  Link
tacman1123

This was originally a question about installing immaavs, I've deleted the question but will provide the answer to anyone who comes across this thead.

immaavs is dependent on the ImageMagick dlls, which must be installed in the system directory. Those dlls can be found at

http://www.geocities.com/wilbertdijk...Magick_dll.zip

Wilbert -- maybe add a README file to the zip that includes this?

Thanks for providing this great tool!

Tac

Last edited by tacman1123; 1st June 2008 at 14:27. Reason: Figured out answer...
tacman1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 14:27   #34  |  Link
Wilbert

You need to put the following dll's:
http://www.geocities.com/wilbertdijk...Magick_dll.zip
in your system folder, and immaavs.dll in your plugin folder. Does that work?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:25   #35  |  Link
stickboy
AviSynth Enthusiast

I've updated my GetSystemEnv plug-in to include a SetWorkingDir function. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if there are any problems.
stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 14:23   #36  |  Link
Archimedes

I can’t benefit from SetWorkingDir so far. My working directory has to be the program directory. All plugins, libaries and DLL’s are in sub folders under the program directory. A typical script looks like this (simple example with Rotate):

Code:
LoadPlugin("plugins\Rotate\Rotate.dll")

Import("lib\FritzPhoto\FritzPhoto.avs")

#------------
angle  = 1.0
width  = 0
height = 0
color  = 0
#------------

isYV12() ? YV12toRGB() : last
Rotate(angle, width, height, color)
As you can see, i’m working with relative path names.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:40   #37  |  Link
Wilbert

I guess i need to make a static build then.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:20   #38  |  Link
Maxiuca

I've tried plugin today to load a sequence of TIFFs but unfortunatelly the image sequence reading does not work properly.

For example if you use file matrix like "name.%04d.tif" and "start=1000, end=3000" parameters, the plugin will just read first 2000 tiffs starting from "name.0000.tif" and ending with "name.1999.tif" instead of reading from "name.1000.tif" to "name.3000.tiff"
Maxiuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 23:31   #39  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
For example if you use file matrix like file.%04d.tif and "start=1000, end=3000" parameters, the plugin will just read first 2000 tiffs starting from file.0000.tif and ending with file.1999.tif
I'll report the bug to the author of this plugin in the other thread.
Thanks for the bugreport! I will fix it for the next release.
Old 22nd June 2008, 06:00   #40  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

that's weird - i could have sworn i read an image sequence that way a few days ago. i may have been using vanilla imagesource though.

btw - write support is the bomb. i can make dpx's directly now, and with a little finessing can maintain timecodes in the filenames (though the headers are all stamped 00:00:00:00 and the files are flagged as log, i can work around this). thanks heaps Wilbert! being able to work from a mov in pc range saved my arse (and the highlights/shadows).

Last edited by Mug Funky; 22nd June 2008 at 06:03.
Mug Funky is offline   Reply With Quote