Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 10th June 2009, 03:00   #541  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Yeah, I thought there were some bugs due to the clip at hand.

As for the clip being corrupt, it shouldn't be. I cut it with DGSplit directly from the .m2ts file. I have even converted the entire m2ts file to h.264 in MKV (using DSS2) and that went just fine.

TSMuxer (1.10.6) demuxes the clip just fine.

Last edited by Adub; 10th June 2009 at 03:02.
Adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 20:38   #542  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I finally got around writing some API docs for FFMS2. Useful if you don't want to fight with ffmpeg to decode stuff in your program.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 16:30   #543  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

As you can see if you look at the todo list the next beta is progressing nicely, or at least close to it. But to finish the API design, so others can begin to use FFMS2 as a library without weekly updates, I really need a clip where the resolution changes in the video. Without it it will be impossible to test any implementation. So if you have one don't hesitate to send it to me. I only need a small part where the transition actually happens.
Old 21st June 2009, 17:32   #544  |  Link
Mr VacBob

http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG2/resolutionchange.mpg
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2009, 21:57   #545  |  Link
AGDenton

VC-1 crash, and the benefit of avcodec_close()

Hi,

I've been using FFMS2 within x264 for a while, with very satisfactory results on various files. However, I've just found one which has particularily nasty effects :

vc1-crash.mkv

This VC-1 in MKV file actually corrupts the heap when you call FFMS_CreateVideoSource() on it, causing random crashes somewhere down the line. The odd thing is, ffmpeg itself can decode it without trouble !

This problem has actually already been encountered by some clever guys at the HandBrake forums. It turns out that, sometimes, the VC-1 codec does not set itself up properly when you call avcodec_open the first time : but it does work if you close it and open it again (this is what ffmpeg does).

Indeed, if I add
Code:
  avcodec_close(CodecContext);
  avcodec_open(CodecContext, Codec);
at line 96 in ffmatroskavideo.cpp, the file decodes properly.

I don't even know which codecs need this kind of double-opening, or when the ffmpeg application does it. But I thought you'd like to know.

AG
AGDenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2009, 23:00   #546  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

This is obviously an FFmpeg bug. One of my evil minions may or may not bother to bring it to the attention of the relevant developers. In the future I suggest you report such issues at http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html because I don't want more ugly workarounds in my code either way.

Last edited by Myrsloik; 26th June 2009 at 23:02.
Myrsloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2009, 02:55   #547  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I am the evil minion in question and I've reported it.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 01:32   #548  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDenton View Post
Hi,

I've been using FFMS2 within x264 for a while, with very satisfactory results on various files. However, I've just found one which has particularily nasty effects :

vc1-crash.mkv

This VC-1 in MKV file actually corrupts the heap when you call FFMS_CreateVideoSource() on it, causing random crashes somewhere down the line. The odd thing is, ffmpeg itself can decode it without trouble !

AG
I've fixed the decoding of that category of files (vc1 in mkv/ts) by setting the coded_width/height from the container values. (may fix a few other files too) The open and close fix is a horrible suggestion.

The things that are left before the next release is to add some kind of NVOP fix/hack so it can be tested and for Haali to take a look at big ts files that hang while indexing. Maybe also a small bit of internal testing...

A new compile with the VC1 fix can be downloaded from http://ivtc.org/new/beta/FFMS2_vc1_fix_test.rar
It also has a lot of other changes so if you encounter any other new bugs feel free to report them as well.

Last edited by Myrsloik; 28th June 2009 at 01:47. Reason: Added a download link
Myrsloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 09:40   #549  |  Link
Jorsher

i like applesauce

Last edited by Jorsher; 24th September 2009 at 22:10.
Jorsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 10:00   #550  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

"Hello there! I have an unspecified script I won't tell you about! Now guess what it does!"
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:09   #551  |  Link
7ekno

Hi ya

Just wanted to report another instance of "Codec returned zero size video" in VirtualDub, AvsP and MPC ...

Same errror when invoked with FFMS2() or FFVideoSource() ...

Example clips (MTS with AVC video and AC3 audio, straight from a Panasonic AVCHDlite device):
00000.MTS, 00001.MTS, 00002.MTS

Can anybody suggest a possible fix using FFMS2, as they work with FFMpegSource(), DSS2() and AVCSource(), but I would prefer an FFMS2_MT version for speed (MT and standard FFMS2 throw the same error)!!

Thanks,
Tek

Last edited by 7ekno; 2nd July 2009 at 15:54.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:47   #552  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ekno View Post
Hi ya

Just wanted to report another instance of "Codec returned zero size video" in VirtualDub, AvsP and MPC ...

Same errror when invoked with FFMS2() or FFVideoSource() ...

Example clips (MTS with AVC video and AC3 audio, straight from a Panasonic AVCHDlite device):
00000.MTS, 00001.MTS, 00002.MTS

Can anybody suggest a possible fix using FFMS2, as they work with FFMpegSource(), DSS2() and AVCSource(), but I would prefer an FFMS2_MT version for speed (MT and standard FFMS2 throw the same error)!!

Thanks,
Tek
I found a typo in the code so in the next release you'll get an access violation instead...

After that I looked at the real problem which looks similar to other clips I've seen before. Sometimes in transport streams it can't decode a single frame when Haali's splitter is used. I have no idea exactly what causes it. The reason 1.x can open it is that it uses LAVF instead. Then I tried opening it with LAVF's splitter intead of Haali's and it now "works" with seekmode!=1 after I found another typo in the code...

So I guess I'll make it possible to force using LAVF when creating indices with FFIndex() in the next version. That should at least give you working linear access. Or did 1.x work better than that?
Old 5th July 2009, 02:45   #553  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

ffms2-mt-04072009.rar (beta 10ish)

Ditched ICL for now.
Compiled with gcc 4.4.0 + msvc.
Includes libfaad and opencore-amr.

ffms2, ffmpeg-mt, and opencore all updated to this day.

Last edited by TheRyuu; 5th July 2009 at 02:50.
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 13:28   #554  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

A new version with more experimental fixes. Should fix h264 in TS like in this post http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...28#post1302028 (despite the name too). It also fixes a typo in the code for setting the width/height in the previous VC1 fix. If there are any regressions, especially that h264 files in TS stop working, make sure to report it.

Get it from http://ivtc.org/new/beta/FFMS2_vc1_fix2_test.rar

Note that there is still an issue that stops VC1 in TS streams from working (need to ask Haali when he reappears). Indexing of huge TS files can still hang but Haali has managed to reproduce it.
Old 14th July 2009, 08:08   #555  |  Link
7ekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
A new version with more experimental fixes. Should fix h264 in TS like in this post http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...28#post1302028 (despite the name too).
Yep, worked perfectly, thanks for looking into it!!

I find for some reason FFMPEGSource2 more reliable on AVCHD sources (motion seems smoother in final transcoded MKV for some reason) .. Now where is TheRyuu with a -MT version :P

Thanks,
7ek
Old 14th July 2009, 20:03   #556  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

My troublesome VC-1 file fails right away with this one with a message saying the "FFVideoSource: Could not open video codec".

saint-francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 23:26   #557  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
My troublesome VC-1 file fails right away with this one with a message saying the "FFVideoSource: Could not open video codec".

Same here with my FFV1 source. I'm back to Beta-9
Old 17th July 2009, 22:36   #558  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Same here with my FFV1 source. I'm back to Beta-9
Is this a regression? Did your files work with beta9? If yes, could you upload a short sample of one of those files?
Old 17th July 2009, 23:26   #559  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
Is this a regression? Did your files work with beta9? If yes, could you upload a short sample of one of those files?
Yes, it works perfectly fine with Beta-9. But it fails with Beta 10ish ("Could not open video codec").

Sample:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzqcoz...ffvh_sample.7z

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 17th July 2009 at 23:37.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 18:24   #560  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Yes, it works perfectly fine with Beta-9. But it fails with Beta 10ish ("Could not open video codec").

Sample:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzqcoz...ffvh_sample.7z
Now you've confused me. Your previous message said FFV1, but you sample is clearly FFVHuff. Not only that, it works perfectly for me.