Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th March 2009, 23:10   #2021  |  Link
archie_here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You are using an old verion of AVISYNTH. From the CHANGES.TXT file:

Code:
January 20th, 2009 - v0.18.2
- PLEASE NOTE:  Starting with this version, BD Rebuilder
  REQUIRES AVISYNTH v2.57 or above. If you do not have it 
  installed, please download it from: 
  http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/Avisynth_257.exe
  and install it.  BD-RB will not work with older
  versions of AVISYNTH.
It's also listed in the first post of this thread:
@ jdobbs n smnckl

Well, I already had a modded 2.57 so didn't update it, but the one in your link is of later build i guess. Its working now. Started the rip. Hopefully my other utilities which depends on the modded version works on the new dll too.

Thanks.
archie_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 23:55   #2022  |  Link
Furiousflea

It looks like a lot of you haven't even tried to resolve problems yourself. Please learn to follow basic instructions instead of wasting people's time with your lazyness.

With all these questions, I'm surprised jdobbs gets anytime at all to actually work on the program.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 01:55   #2023  |  Link
Shuttle99

Can someone post a snapshot of their ffdshow settings so some of us out here that are unsure we have all the codecs set correctly know what they should be set to.

Thanks
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 02:54   #2024  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
Can someone post a snapshot of their ffdshow settings so some of us out here that are unsure we have all the codecs set correctly know what they should be set to.

Thanks
How tough is this? This is the third time I've reposted what jdobbs has stated at least twice... All you have to do is read the thread, (actually just the very first post to this thread) or use the search feature...

He (jdobbs... the author and authority on this program) mentioned that he used libavcodec for the mpeg2 and H.264/AV settings. All others would be the default settings, as FFDShow installs them. You could actually keep the default setting of ffmpeg-mt for the H264/AV setting without any problem.

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1952

Last edited by GaPony; 13th March 2009 at 02:56.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 03:05   #2025  |  Link
Shuttle99

Deleted

Last edited by Shuttle99; 13th March 2009 at 03:15.
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 03:51   #2026  |  Link
jewish

This is my FFDSHOW settings for those that want it.

Kind regards all.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FFDSHOW.zip (252.4 KB, 185 views)
jewish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 06:09   #2027  |  Link
rmeyers

tsMuxeR v1.8.26 beta is supposed to have fixed the clpi issues it was having i believe
rmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 11:14   #2028  |  Link
stef73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elesias View Post
I was wondering : in ffdshow video decoder configuration, in "Codecs" for VC-1, what decoder do you have ?

Mine is wmv9.
mine is the same elisias
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 14:44   #2029  |  Link
Elesias

So I don't understand why I have so many problems... Thanks for your answer though.
Elesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 15:19   #2030  |  Link
turbojet

You need wmp 11 installed to use wmv9, which does the same as disabled if wmvideo dmo decoder merit is the highest for vc-1.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 15:55   #2031  |  Link
jdobbs

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I just wanted to warn anyone who has upgraded FFDSHOW recently:

I ran into several problems (crashing) with the new release of FFDSHOW (ffdshow_rev2719_20090224_clsid) on Vista and was forced to step back to the previous release I was using (ffdshow_rev2661_20090207_clsid). Everything is fine now. Anything WMV or VC-1 would cause a crash almost immediately (I tried it on two different computers, same result) even though it was disabled in the FFDSHOW setup and the default WMV11 should have been used. I just looked, and the bad one is what is still posted for download on the www.x264.com site -- which, unfortunately, is where I've been telling everyone to go.

So if you are experiencing failed encodes... look into this first before posting.

You can download the version that I know works from this link.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th March 2009 at 10:39.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 15:58   #2032  |  Link
Furiousflea

All you people with codec problems and if you can't get *any* encodes to work indicating a setup problem on your computer. Why don't you post in my "guide for tools" thread. There is a guide there telling you what settings to use. It's not that well written but it does the job and tells you exactly what you need to know.

Now PLEASE stop posting in here. Yes, I know I'm not a mod, but nobody else seems to be standing up and saying what needs to be said.

If you need help with your particular setup and you know full well that it is not a bug, post in my thread, that way we can update the guide with any potential problems you might have and solutions.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:43   #2033  |  Link
drmih

With respect to the x264 crashing issues can people check the source material. I have helped a couple of people and the problem was corruption in the source material. Although nobody does it, if your source did come from a newsgroup then there are some with corruption, particularly in the extras. I have had also had a bad rip which caused a problem and redoing it sorted it.

If x264 crashes, see which m2ts file it was doing. Use something like MPC to play the m2ts stream and look for pixelation / blocking (if x264 crashed at xx%, then you can do a rough calc to see how far you should be watching from).
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 19:51   #2034  |  Link
setarip_old

@drmih

Hi!
Quote:
if your source did come from a newsgroup then there are some with corruption, particularly in the extras. I have had also had a bad rip which caused a problem and redoing it sorted it.
You might want to re-read Rule #6 and the announcement at the top of the "Newbies" sub-forum...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 21:07   #2035  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@drmih

Hi!You might want to re-read Rule #6 and the announcement at the top of the "Newbies" sub-forum...
I haven't got a clue what you're on about - I know the rule and neither condone or am personnally using these sources myself but as part of a debugging process if some people are reporting problems caused by damaged sources it's no help to the author.

Last edited by drmih; 13th March 2009 at 21:10.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 21:08   #2036  |  Link
jdobbs

I don't think he's advocating downloading... he's trying to tell people that doing so can result in corrupted files, and not to post bug reports.

I will add to that... if they are downloading files from the internet, they are obviously not legitimate and aren't reliable for beta testing -- so please don't post any bugs you find against those sources. I don't want to have to chase some half-ass hacker's screw-up.
Old 14th March 2009, 00:18   #2037  |  Link
datman

is this a bug?

I just encoded Gandhi. I first set it up off a fresh rip and as you see the only audio option was 2ch the multichannel option was not available. Not liking that option I ran tsremuxer only selecting the mutichannel and set that up in 20.03 and it worked. I didn't want to post until I was sure it would be successful.
Attached Images

datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 01:51   #2038  |  Link
jdobbs

I don't understand what you're saying.
Old 14th March 2009, 02:10   #2039  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't understand what you're saying.
I think he's saying that when he opened the source in BD-Rebuilder the multichannel audio didn't appear. He then ran it through tsmuxer and loaded that output in BD-Rebuilder and it then detected it.
Old 14th March 2009, 06:18   #2040  |  Link
tyau

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I just encoded Gandhi. I first set it up off a fresh rip and as you see the only audio option was 2ch the multichannel option was not available. Not liking that option I ran tsremuxer only selecting the mutichannel and set that up in 20.03 and it worked. I didn't want to post until I was sure it would be successful.

I have had that exact problem before with a few movies, but my enquiry was not addressed. This is why I always use tsmuxer to select my preferred subtitles and audio prior to making movie-only backup using BD-RB.
tyau is offline   Reply With Quote