Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd June 2002, 07:36   #1  |  Link
OogaBooga

bt8x8 and sis735 incompatible?

does anyone here use a tv card based on bt8x8 chip and a motherboard based on sis735 chip? i have a leadtek 7350kda motherboard (sis735) and was using a no-name clone of flyvideo 2 (bt848). when i install any driver for the tv card, win2k gives me a blue screen of death, always when it gets to the file bt848.sys. it doesn't seem to be an incompatibility with my ati radeon 8500 because i still get the blue screen if i use the standard vga driver when i install the tv tuner driver. it doesn't seem to be a win2k problem because the card runs fine on my old computer that is running win2k and uses intel bx chipset. the bt8x8 driver from btwincap.sourceforge.net has compatibility settings for sis-based motherboards, but these don't stop the blue screens. is anyone able to use bt8x8 with sis-based motherboards?
OogaBooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2002, 20:17   #2  |  Link
gft

I am using a mobo with sis 735 and the Pinnacle PCTV PCI. I am using these drivers; they may work for your card. (These are wdm drivers, not vfw.)

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppor...AVE&page_id=69

Even though it says PAL and SECAM only, it works just fine for NTSC (what I use it for).

-gft
gft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2002, 21:21   #3  |  Link
Neo Neko

I have an ECS K7S5A Mobo with the sis735 chipset and brooktree capture card. Works just dandy. Course I am using XP but it is almost identical point for point to 2000. Have you tried updating your BIOS and drivers? I don't think it is the chipset that is the problem. Even though my MOBO and cap card use the same chips as yours they were put out by different manufacturers.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote