Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st November 2002, 19:06   #1  |  Link
charker

DVD-RAM VRO to VOB sync problem

I like recording old movies off TCM onto SKY+ and because SKY+ has no editing features I copy them onto DVD-RAM on my Panasonic E30.

Now I want to remove the 2 advert slots that TCM like to stick in at around 40 and 80 minutes so I use my E30 to edit them out right down to the frame level.

Now I want the result on a DVD-R. No matter what I do the lip-sync is out ny less than a second by the time it reaches the end of the film, it's fine at the beginning.

I've de-muxed with TMPGEnc using the MPEG tools and I get an AC3 and M2V file. Then it doesn't matter whether I remix with IFOEdit to create VOB's etc or I use TMPGEnc to create a new mpg file, WinDVD still plays with things out of sync by the end of the film.

I also tried some other DeMux software which claimed to solve all VRO issues but it's no better. I'm guessing it's a NTSC/PAL frame rate issue or something.

Any ideas?

Charker
charker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2002, 08:59   #2  |  Link
Rombaldi
MPEG Packet Picker

Don't muck with demuxing/remuxing, I'll assume you have a Panasonic DVD-Ram drive in your PC. Don't even bother using the E30 to do the edit. Use the Movie Album Copy Tool to copy the VRO file directly to your HD. The get the 3.13 version of MPEG2VCR. (undocumented) but it will accept the VRO file DIRECTLY (just change the 'open file' dialog box to 'all files') and you can edit the slates out, then produce a MPEG2 file that is well in sync with the AC3 track intact.
Rombaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2002, 17:02   #3  |  Link
cap4000

I had the same problem as charker. All kinds of synce problems. I have been recording (collecting) music from sat. and laser and vhs... in the vro mode on the pioneer dvr-7000, editing all commercials out.(nice preview of edit on pioneer to show transition). I solved my problem for $99 US. Authoringware.com. I rip edited vro to hd open up in authoringware software, add menues text, buttons chapters and make a video_ts folder, check with powerdvd and if satisfied burn to dvd using prassi software (no demux & remuxing)

Last edited by cap4000; 27th November 2002 at 17:11.
cap4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2002, 00:54   #4  |  Link
charker

What is the "Movie Copy Album" Software, my E30 came with no software.

I have heard of software being provided in NTSC regions but in PAL regions nothing.

Where can I get it and does it work with PAL?

Charker
charker is offline   Reply With Quote