Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 8th September 2015, 18:14   #1  |  Link
rs008f

Recommend me filters for VHS captures.

I intend to convert NTSC VHS tapes to DVD or Bluray. I have a Sony SLV-N88 VCR. I just purchased a used ADVC110. I'm a novice on Avisynth, don't know the current status of its development on 64-bit OS. I have Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. Can you recommend names of filters often used for VHS captures so I can read up on them? There are just too many on this site. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters

Last edited by rs008f; 8th September 2015 at 18:20.
rs008f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 11:34   #2  |  Link
fvisagie

As far as I know, the 64-bit build is not current with the released 2.6.0 32-bit build. I believe fewer filters support 64-bit than 32-bit use.

You can increase memory available to a 32-bit build by:
  1. setting the Large-Address-Aware flag in your application (i.e. AvsPMod, VirtualDub, encoder etc.), and
  2. either working on 64-bit Windows
  3. or modifying your 32-bit Windows system settings to allow more than 2GB per process (this reduces system memory)
Search this forum or Google elsewhere for details.

There have been some in-depth threads on VHS video processing; search this forum, then ask specific questions to complete your understanding if necessary. If I remember correctly, forum.videohelp.com also had VHS-specific discussions.
fvisagie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vhs capture