Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 1st September 2009, 21:29   #9481  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
@ everyone > Adude already tried every setting available (bicubic actually fixes some issues, but overall its still a mess for him)
But have he tryed with a graphics card instead of his onboard old gpu?
I don't say that it's not caused by minute refreshrate difference between reported and actual, as you say, but it seems to be a very complex cause compared with the simpler one of low gpu power...
Old 1st September 2009, 22:17   #9482  |  Link
Piyoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlnl View Post
Is there any way to smoothly play interlaced video (1080i, VC-1, H264) in MPC-HC (Vista32, Nvidia 9400) using Nvidia Purevideo hardware deinterlacer?
Can not smoothly play in software (and hardware) deinterlacing mode using internal MPC decoders/Arcsoft/ffdshow/CoreAVC/internal Vista VC-1 decoder.
Can anybody help?
I don't know if it's the same issue, but on XP and with the ATI hardware de-interlacing (HD4670) I get jerkiness/stuttering with 1080i video.

It seems like it might be a VSync issue, and I've tried to find one good combination that works out of all aspects, but I just can't do it. Here's what I have so far:

VMR9 (renderless), VMR9 mixer mode enabled:
No tearing, but stuttering.

VMR9 (renderless), VMR9 mixer mode disabled:
No tearing, no stuttering, but then the hardware de-interlacing doesn't work.

VMR9 (renderless), VMR9 mixer mode enabled, Alternative VSync enabled:
No stuttering, but tearing instead.

VMR9 (renderless), VMR9 mixer mode enabled, D3D Fullscreen w/ GUI Support:
No tearing, but stuttering.

VMR9 (renderless), VMR9 mixer mode enabled, D3D Fullscreen:
No tearing, no stuttering, everything works perfectly.

So essentially the D3D Fullscreen mode with no GUI is the only way I can properly play 1080i files, which is a shame as that mode is seriously annoying.
Old 1st September 2009, 23:05   #9483  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
I don't say that it's not caused by minute refreshrate difference between reported and actual, as you say, but it seems to be a very complex cause compared with the simpler one of low gpu power...
If no pixelshaders are used, then there is no need for a powerful GPU.
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:57   #9484  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
@ Adude > Could you post a screenshot of the latest gothsync build with CTRL+J enabled, while playing a file that is a multiple of your screen refresh rate?
The problems occur just as often, if not more often, with files that are not a multiple of my refresh rate.

PS When I first tried Beliyaal's version, the first thing suggested (by Testuo55 IIRC) was to not use bicubic, and actually the direction of resizing is such that bilinear is not a problem, so I switched permanently to that.

PPS I have nothing against Beliyaal and acknowledged that he has fixed a number of things. My only problem with him is that he has vanished, with still some remaining issues in the code.
Old 2nd September 2009, 03:57   #9485  |  Link
hdboy

is there any way to get OSD (vol, position, etc) with haali's renderer? it's the one that gives me least trouble but I miss the OSD.
Old 2nd September 2009, 04:03   #9486  |  Link
St Devious
Hardware Aspirin

is there a subtitle editor or subtitle resync function in MPC HC ?
Old 2nd September 2009, 06:33   #9487  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
There is a very good chance that a newer more powerfull videocard will solve his problems, personally i think we should try to solve the problem in MPC-HC, his system is a good edge case sample.
But we need the screenshot to be able to take any further steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
The problems occur just as often, if not more often, with files that are not a multiple of my refresh rate.

PS When I first tried Beliyaal's version, the first thing suggested (by Testuo55 IIRC) was to not use bicubic, and actually the direction of resizing is such that bilinear is not a problem, so I switched permanently to that.

PPS I have nothing against Beliyaal and acknowledged that he has fixed a number of things. My only problem with him is that he has vanished, with still some remaining issues in the code.
it has to be multiple for the new code to do something, non multiple disables it(for now)

Last edited by tetsuo55; 2nd September 2009 at 06:35.
Old 2nd September 2009, 07:24   #9488  |  Link
NanoBot

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Devious View Post
is there a subtitle editor or subtitle resync function in MPC HC ?
yes, mpc-hc includes such a function. But it is only available if the subtitles are read from a seperate file. It is not available for subtitles which are already muxxed into the container used.

C.U. NanoBot
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:12   #9489  |  Link
Astrophizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
is there any way to get OSD (vol, position, etc) with haali's renderer? it's the one that gives me least trouble but I miss the OSD.
I still have the OSD with Haali's renderer - does it work with other renderers for you?
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:17   #9490  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBot View Post
yes, mpc-hc includes such a function. But it is only available if the subtitles are read from a seperate file. It is not available for subtitles which are already muxxed into the container used.
There is the ability to add a delay to subtitles on the fly, even if they're muxed subs.
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:27   #9491  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Revision 1267 - Directory Listing
Modified Wed Sep 2 03:00:53 2009 UTC (4 hours, 23 minutes ago) by aleksoid

ADD : Support S263(mobile phone) video codec;
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:15   #9492  |  Link
hdboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophizz View Post
I still have the OSD with Haali's renderer - does it work with other renderers for you?
yes OSD works for me with VMR9 and EVR. I'm using MPC-HC 1.3.1265.0, but earlier builds did not give me OSD in haali either.

I wonder what the difference is. I have a nvidia 7600GT. haali media splitter installed (don't know if that matters.) The OSD does not show with any type of media.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:33   #9493  |  Link
bozek

MPC-HC in MS Visual Studio 2008

Hallo and thanks for great player.
I wonder if is possible to use MPC-HC in M$ Visual Studio 2008 similarly like windows media player or for example VLC
via COM components.
Im sorry if this subject was discussed earlier, but I didn't find it.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:42   #9494  |  Link
matthew_eli

Issues with Catalyst > 9.5 and Mobility HD3650 DXVA

Hi, as I reported before, I have artifacts with some video (with external subtitle) and I tried various program settings (as suggested here: http://nunnally.ahmygoddess.net/watc...os-using-dxva/) but with no result...then I wanted to see if it is a driver problem and it was: with Catalyst 9.4 (DNA) and Catalyst 9.5 there is no problem...so what is the thing that generates artifacts with newer driver???

I'm very confused...

MPC-HC 1249 gold release tested
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:57   #9495  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
personally i think we should try to solve the problem in MPC-HC, his system is a good edge case sample.
Are you sure it's a problem in MPC-HC? Could also be a drivers issue...
I remember that, with my previous PC, I had some stuttering problems that were caused when I simply opened the WMP. After that, I had to re-install the SP2 of XP to solve the problem, because it reset WMP and everything worked fine again (I used Zoomplayer for my viewings).
Currently, with my more powerfull cpu and graphics card, the problem disappeared. Maybe SP3 also helped a little, but in the end, I think the problem is related to living in the edge...

ADude, don't you know someone that could borrow you a graphics card just for ruling that out?
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:22   #9496  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
There is a very good chance that a newer more powerfull videocard will solve his problems, personally i think we should try to solve the problem.
You guys sound like you are 16 years old. In other words, anything prior to this year is "old".

ATI x1250 is a newer more powerful videocard. It is rated to play Blu-Ray discs.

I bought it brand new, as a recent product, after the release of MPC-HC.

Previously, I had been playing 720p HD videos just fine with MPC-HC with an ATI mobile Radeon 7500, also with no tearing.

Tearing has nothing to do with processor speed of any sort, and MPC-HC build 1043 has no tearing. Or is build 1043 now considered "old" ??
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:35   #9497  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
it has to be multiple for the new code to do something, non multiple disables it(for now)
If that is true, then it confirms my suspicion that Beliyaal removed code that deals with timing for situations that do not "sync", but never added his own code for those situations.

For example, if I play a video where the display rate cannot be a multiple of video fps, then:

- Build 1043 does not tear
- Later builds (with Beliyaal's sync code) tears
- Gothsync tears
- Gothsync with recent code for situations that are not a multiple ("Present at Nearest Vsync") does not tear.

I am hoping that ar-jar can spare enough time to verify that build 1043 and earlier did have such code that was removed.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:40   #9498  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPVHD View Post
The 690G chipset is 2 years old, obsolete and outdated, whether you like it or not.
Five years from now, I wlil send you that quote, and you will laugh with me.

2 years is sometimes less than the amount of time that a product is delayed by a minor series of bugs.

It is also less than the amount of time this thread has been going:

Quote:
3rd March 2007, 03:29
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:00   #9499  |  Link
clsid

Guys, please stop this nonsense discussion about hardware. GPU performance is clearly NOT the issue. Tearing is all about timing and can even occur with the next generation uber-powerful cards.
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:07   #9500  |  Link
CruNcher

@Casimir666
MPC Video Decoder doesn't fallback to libavcodec (Software Decoding) when playing x264 lossless bitstreams (G92/VP2)

Result =

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc