Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 13th June 2007, 22:35   #281  |  Link
dmz01

Not at this time, perhaps in the future. I think a lot more people are waiting for MKV support first.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 22:49   #282  |  Link
kabanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
Not at this time, perhaps in the future. I think a lot more people are waiting for MKV support first.
No problem.
kabanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 02:51   #283  |  Link
homerpez

Yikes...

I thought I was all set with Blu-Ray backups using this proggy... but it really looks like it really, really hates discs with multiple mt2s streams for the movie (where you have to join them)..

Was playing around with Talladega Nights (since it was handy), where the movie appears to be split over 00017.m2ts and 00018.m2ts...

I have tried to rebuld each one to a new .m2ts stream, then join them with the file method (copy /b file1+file2 file3), and ran that through TSRemux again to fix the timecode... the end result is, the video and audio are SCATTERED.

I have trouble describing this problem, but I'll try: it's not scattered in the quality, but in referencing what frame you're on, and when. Like, if you drag the scanning bar around, you'll find the beginning of the movie in a couple different places in the stream! It doesn't play "linear". In other words, it's almost like the movie has randomized it's scenes out of order or something. ???

Basically, here's what's going on:

1. When I rebuild stream1's m2ts with stream 2's, copy them together, fix with TSRemux: All messed up. Indescribable.

2. When I demux MPEG2 and AC3 from that joined, rebuilt m2ts: Video is "scattered" as I described before. But, oddly enough, the audio seems to play. AND... it's the proper length, and plays in the correct manner. Huh?

3. When I demux each m2ts separately, taking the MPEG2 from stream 1 alone, or stream 2 alone, results in a video stream that has this "scattering" when played back.

I really don't know what on earth to make of this. I'm running AnyDVD HD in the background, so protection shouldn't be happening at all. I also used TSRemux on another title, and it worked just fine for me, only a day or so ago. I can only assume it's something to do with multiple streams???

Is there another program I could also try? (I'd hate to, since TSRemux has given me good luck except for this)

It might clarify things further is I mention, this is ultimately going to a x264+ac3 audio MKV stream, not simply rebuilding the stream for a BD disc (they're still pricey as hell). :P So I need to get a linear video and audio streams to encode from... and this is the first time I haven't been able to get one from an HD disc. Hopefully someone knows what's going on here?

Last edited by homerpez; 14th June 2007 at 02:55.
homerpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 04:14   #284  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerpez View Post
Yikes...

I thought I was all set with Blu-Ray backups using this proggy... but it really looks like it really, really hates discs with multiple mt2s streams for the movie (where you have to join them)..

Was playing around with Talladega Nights (since it was handy), where the movie appears to be split over 00017.m2ts and 00018.m2ts...

I have tried to rebuld each one to a new .m2ts stream, then join them with the file method (copy /b file1+file2 file3), and ran that through TSRemux again to fix the timecode... the end result is, the video and audio are SCATTERED.

I have trouble describing this problem, but I'll try: it's not scattered in the quality, but in referencing what frame you're on, and when. Like, if you drag the scanning bar around, you'll find the beginning of the movie in a couple different places in the stream! It doesn't play "linear". In other words, it's almost like the movie has randomized it's scenes out of order or something. ???

Basically, here's what's going on:

1. When I rebuild stream1's m2ts with stream 2's, copy them together, fix with TSRemux: All messed up. Indescribable.

2. When I demux MPEG2 and AC3 from that joined, rebuilt m2ts: Video is "scattered" as I described before. But, oddly enough, the audio seems to play. AND... it's the proper length, and plays in the correct manner. Huh?

3. When I demux each m2ts separately, taking the MPEG2 from stream 1 alone, or stream 2 alone, results in a video stream that has this "scattering" when played back.

I really don't know what on earth to make of this. I'm running AnyDVD HD in the background, so protection shouldn't be happening at all. I also used TSRemux on another title, and it worked just fine for me, only a day or so ago. I can only assume it's something to do with multiple streams???

Is there another program I could also try? (I'd hate to, since TSRemux has given me good luck except for this)

Here's what you need to do in order:
1) copy /b file1+file2 outfile on the original 000xx.m2ts files.
2) run the outfile through TsRemux with M2TS output.
3) run the result once again through TsRemux with Blu-Ray output.
Old 14th June 2007, 05:11   #285  |  Link
homerpez

Re-editing the previous edit:

dmz01, looks like that may have worked for me, but I have to leave it as m2ts. I guess my system just didn't like the .m2v elementary streams at all... thanks!

Last edited by homerpez; 14th June 2007 at 06:18.
homerpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 07:36   #286  |  Link
oldpainless

Quote:

Yes please......beg beg...lol
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 08:33   #287  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

This tool is really great. I think the following features would really be useful:
- possibility to select multiples source files that will be automatically merged like with HDTVTOMPEG2. This would save a lot of time.
- possibility to output EVO/MPG files. Indeed, at the moment if the source is an EVO file with contains DTSHD or DD+ tracks and the output is a TS or M2TS file, it is impossible to get the audio tracks detected with Haali filter. I don't know if this is a limitation or issue of Haali filter or a problem in the way the tracks are muxed. So if the output could be an EVO, this would make it easy to merge two EVO files and get rid of useless tracks.

Thanks for your work on this software!
DeepBeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 08:35   #288  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Here's what you need to do in order:
1) copy /b file1+file2 outfile on the original 000xx.m2ts files.
2) run the outfile through TsRemux with M2TS output.
3) run the result once again through TsRemux with Blu-Ray output.
Do you think this might work with a AVC/DD5.1 movie which is in 5 or more parts?

Or could someone recommend an application for combining AVC clips (originally split into parts because of ad breaks)?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 11:00   #289  |  Link
colinhunt

dmz01,

dunno if you've noticed, but the automatic 5min chapters work a bit differently from the way chapters work in 'professional' BD movies. Whereas skipping chapters is pretty much seamless and instantaneous in commercial releases, skipping a chapter in remuxed BD causes the screen to go black for a moment. The sound is also cut off during the skip, and it takes a brief moment for an A/V receiver to recognize the DD audio when playback resumes. This is a minor issue, certainly.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:33   #290  |  Link
oldpainless

Quote:

DMZ....do you have a feel for how difficult or long this might take?

Also, is there any information that may help you?

Looks like the most common MKV combination is:

Video
Codec : MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)
Codec/Info : MPEG4 ISO advanced profile
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

Audio
Codec : AC3
Codec/Info : Dolby AC3/DTS
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Sampling rate : 48 KHz

Kevin

Last edited by oldpainless; 14th June 2007 at 11:49.
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:33   #291  |  Link
dade49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post
This tool is really great. I think the following features would really be useful:
- possibility to select multiples source files that will be automatically merged like with HDTVTOMPEG2. This would save a lot of time.
- possibility to output EVO/MPG files. Indeed, at the moment if the source is an EVO file with contains DTSHD or DD+ tracks and the output is a TS or M2TS file, it is impossible to get the audio tracks detected with Haali filter. I don't know if this is a limitation or issue of Haali filter or a problem in the way the tracks are muxed. So if the output could be an EVO, this would make it easy to merge two EVO files and get rid of useless tracks.

Thanks for your work on this software!
The tool you want is EVOdumux. It does everything you're asking for with EVO's. This tool is based on m2ts streams (BD), and allthough there is some support in this util to import EVO's and output to a bdmv container, to demux/remux EVO's, use EVOdemux. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/EVOdemux
dade49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 17:37   #292  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

.VOB (or .MPG) to .TS Observations

Hi dmz,

I was intending to post the following .VOB (or .MPG) to .TS muxing observations a few weeks ago but got side-tracked.

Anyway.... Take one .VOB (or .MPG) file with the following properties: -

...and after muxing it with TSremux you obtain an .TS file with the following properties: -

As you can see, their are significant differences with regard to the "Playtime" and "Bit-rate" information

By-the-way, VLC's muxer creates the following: -

Hope these observations are useful in some way...

Cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 17:42   #293  |  Link
dmz01

New version 0.0.14: (superceedes the test only version)

All audio types should now work.
Added the capability to adjust chapter lenghts.
Old 14th June 2007, 17:43   #294  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Hi dmz,

I was intending to post the following .VOB (or .MPG) to .TS muxing observations a few weeks ago but got side-tracked.

As you can see, their are significant differences with regard to the "Playtime" and "Bit-rate" information

Cheers
If you make a sample of the VOB available to me I can take a look.
Old 14th June 2007, 18:19   #295  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
If you make a sample of the VOB available to me I can take a look.
Sure...

Here's an 27.0MB (.VOB) sample, that I have compressed using 7-zip.

http://www.mytempdir.com/1355317

Cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 18:44   #296  |  Link
colinhunt

dmz01, any chance of adding a "chapter marks on/off" switch to some future version?
Old 14th June 2007, 21:59   #297  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
dmz01, any chance of adding a "chapter marks on/off" switch to some future version?
If you set your chapter lenght to that of the entire feature, it would be equivalent to turning chapter marks off. No?
Old 14th June 2007, 22:21   #298  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade49 View Post
The tool you want is EVOdumux. It does everything you're asking for with EVO's. This tool is based on m2ts streams (BD), and allthough there is some support in this util to import EVO's and output to a bdmv container, to demux/remux EVO's, use EVOdemux. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/EVOdemux
I know EvoDemux. It is a great tool as well. However the Rebuild feature doesn't rewrite the timestamps when merging the two files (which is a great feature of TSRemux). The merged file can't be played entirely because only half of the file is visible.
DeepBeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 00:44   #299  |  Link
dade49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post
I know EvoDemux. It is a great tool as well. However the Rebuild feature doesn't rewrite the timestamps when merging the two files (which is a great feature of TSRemux). The merged file can't be played entirely because only half of the file is visible.
Wow, I'm shocked. I was under the impression that it did rewrite the timestamps. Every HDDVD I've seen has 2 EVO's that need to be muxed together. I've been playing with m2ts streams the most, and only played with EVO's a little. I didn't realize it didn't do that.

That completly screws me too. Crap. I need to complain to the dude writing EVOdemux.

Do you know if when you demux 2x EVO's to mpv/mpa files, is it creating a new timestamp? Or does that format need a timestamp?

Last edited by dade49; 15th June 2007 at 00:45. Reason: typo
dade49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 01:46   #300  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade49 View Post
Do you know if when you demux 2x EVO's to mpv/mpa files, is it creating a new timestamp? Or does that format need a timestamp?
The timestamps in question are part of the container, (specifically PES packet header) and are not present in the elementary streams themselves.