Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st April 2019, 09:02   #1  |  Link
Dreamject

Can I use AvsPmod like gui for avs, without preview?

I want to use sliders in AvsPmod to edit avs fast, but I don't need any preview functional, checkings, analyses... Is it possible to say him 'don't show me any clip and dont analyse script, just show me sliders'? Or any easiest way to add gui for avs that compatible with output avs (AvsP creates two files in one, natively works with it's format, then save it to usual avs)

Last edited by Dreamject; 21st April 2019 at 09:16.
Dreamject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 16:22   #2  |  Link
hello_hello

As far as I know the preview and slider sidebar are part of the same "window". If you don't want to see the video, adjust the sidebar size by dragging the divider until there's virtually no video left. You might have to disable the automatic resizing of the video preview in Options, and you can disable automatic preview updating. You can also make the preview a separate window if you prefer.

hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 19:17   #3  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamject View Post
I want to use sliders in AvsPmod to edit avs fast, but I don't need any preview functional, checkings, analyses... Is it possible to say him 'don't show me any clip and dont analyse script, just show me sliders'? Or any easiest way to add gui for avs that compatible with output avs (AvsP creates two files in one, natively works with it's format, then save it to usual avs)
if you want to disable refresh:

options => program settings => video tab

uncheckmark a) constantly update video while dragging , and b) refresh preview automatically

This means f5 for force refresh of preview or entry of values into the script . But I think you have to hit f5 at least once to generate the sliders at first
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 19:22   #4  |  Link
Dreamject

>As far as I know the preview and slider sidebar are part of the same "window
The problem is not video preview, but it generates sliders only after succesful video playing. I do not need (and don't have) any avisource, even if i add it, I still need to change script after generator to disable avisource, i need load plugins correct, load video... But I just wanna move sliders/edit script, not load avy file . Remembered that i can use blank clip, but it's not need.

Last edited by Dreamject; 21st April 2019 at 19:26.
Old 21st April 2019, 19:29   #5  |  Link
Dreamject

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
if you want to disable refresh:

options => program settings => video tab

uncheckmark a) constantly update video while dragging , and b) refresh preview automatically

This means f5 for force refresh of preview or entry of values into the script . But I think you have to hit f5 at least once to generate the sliders at first
Thanks, i tried, it does not work anyway

Imho, it's behaviour is quite strange, cause most of file editors do not need any 'compilation'/correct to edit this. It gives usable sliders, but using them is not usable/needs to make unusable step
Old 21st April 2019, 19:31   #6  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamject View Post
Imho, it's behaviour is quite strange, cause most of file editors do not need any 'compilation'/correct to edit this. It gives usable sliders, but using them is not usable/needs to make unusable step
It's not avspmod's fault, the problem is your script and it's dependencies. It tells you what the problem is

In order to auto generate sliders, it reads the script. Otherwise how else would it know exactly what sliders to put in, and what value ranges or limits ? There could be thousands of sliders . It would be unusable

Avisynth isn't like most editors . Other editors don't have thousands or tens of thousands of filters each with dozens of settings

You can generate user functions too, based on other functions. So probably tens of thousands, each with dozens of settings . Probably more combinations that that

Moreover, there might be new functions or settings every day. eg. Someone might make a modification, an update to a .dll or function . If you hardcoded some sliders, it would be wrong the next day. Are you volunteering to keep a database updated ?

Also there are different settings for different sources. E.g. 8bit source has levels 0-255, but 10bit would have 0-1023 and so forth . Float would be 0.0-1.0. So the same filter that process different bit depth sources might have different argument ranges.

How do you expect any program to know what the range of values, min / max, the arguments, whether it's integer, or boolean (true/false), or other type like strings (eg. some have word settings like "fast" , or "slow" ) for each setting and scenario ? Impossible. It has to be scanned and avisynth has to be initialized

Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st April 2019 at 19:55.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 21:19   #7  |  Link
Dreamject

>It works just fine.

It's not avspmod's fault, the problem is your script and it's dependencies. It tells you what the problem is

I understand it has logic. But ffdshow source exists, just if you make script for player, it's not very usable to load any source when you need to edit, load libraries, move slider, hide source for player support, if you just need to change settings fast. It's more fast to edit variables inside potplayer/notepad, than make these steps. Technically editor (as editor) don't need to be compilator-like. Users use slider's for edit too, but avsp don't allow you to edit until script will be correct (only for it's point). There is another way, like workaround, but in this case you need to check for adding another source in case of avsp mode. I did not find any mention of it, I can detect who played it, potplayer or any ffdshow, but don't know how detect avsp. Even if it's possible, it's still not very correct workaround

Last edited by Dreamject; 21st April 2019 at 21:33.
Old 23rd April 2019, 01:50   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Have you tried using VirtualDub2 as viewer, is dead easy (no sliders but has built-in Avs Script editor).
Also, can use eg PSPad as editor, and on Key press auto runs the script in MPC-HC, or Vdub2, or probably PotPlayer, depending upon how you set it up.
EDIT: Under XP32, the least problematic player was the old MPlayer2 (which still existed in same directory as WMPlayer, I kinda miss it).

EDIT: I like to use PSPad (NotePad+ is good too, others have their favourites) to hack out a script, and then switch to VD2 for refining script.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 23rd April 2019 at 02:13.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:44   #9  |  Link
Dreamject

If you just need to change, for example, variable on top of file, even windows notepad it's good. Potplayer has internal script editor and it changed settings on the fly when you edit file without accept OK button. So, in some cases non avs editor is better and more usable for preview and working on avs than editor which focused on avs, but can t understand that sometimes forced preview any checking is not what you need