Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 5th May 2009, 10:26   #101  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 View Post
...but how do you get them to be forced? I did a movie only backup and must select sub track 2 manually. On the original disc they are forced.
You can use this small tool if you want them "on" by default.

"Forced" and and "on-by-default" are two different things. Forced subtitles (PGS) have a special flag (located in the m2ts file) which tells the player that subtitles will appear always, no matter what user chooses. The other "normal" subtitles can be switched on and off.
Old 5th May 2009, 21:11   #102  |  Link
Category 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
You can use this small tool if you want them "on" by default.

"Forced" and and "on-by-default" are two different things. Forced subtitles (PGS) have a special flag (located in the m2ts file) which tells the player that subtitles will appear always, no matter what user chooses. The other "normal" subtitles can be switched on and off.
Thanks. That's what I wanted. So if I keep subtitle 1 and subtitle 6 from the original disc, and I want subtitle 6 to be on by default when I edit my movie only folder do I select subtitle 2 or subtitle 6? In other words, will it stay named six or will it become 2 since there are only 2 subtitle options now?
Category 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 09:01   #103  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I don't know if 2 or 6 is the correct one. Play the movie-only backup with a software player before burning and you'll see which subs you enabled.
Old 19th May 2009, 23:42   #104  |  Link
Wolfe999

@furiousflea: I tried to follow your HD DVD-->BluRay easy guide with the movie 300. In Stream Extractor I chose the True HD audio and one sub, which only lets you output in sup format. But Tsmuxer doesn't accept thd & sup files. Any easy solution? I'm extracting it now choosing the ac3 audio.

Regards
Wolfe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 23:49   #105  |  Link
turbojet

For audio try adding AC3 core with eac3to cli: eac3to <input> <output>.thd+AC3

For sup try loading HD-DVD sup into BDSup2Sub and output BD sup. SUPread is another option.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 02:27   #106  |  Link
Wolfe999

@turbojet: thanx for your suggestions. I already had chosen the e-ac3 audio, and BDSup2Sub was easy & quick. But I forgot that almost or all the HD DVD titles were made by Warner, soy all use the VC-1 codec. I think that will be an unsurmountable barrier. If you have an idea, I'll appreciate it. Now I'm gonna sleep because I'm falling over the keyboard.

regards
Wolfe

(edit to explain):
I tried to use through ffdshow VC-1 --> libav"etc" (I don't remember the name now) and also WMV9, but always got an error from BD-Rebuilder whenever it began to encode de video.

Last edited by Wolfe999; 20th May 2009 at 02:30.
Wolfe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 16:24   #107  |  Link
hoju3508

Now I know.

Quote:
If burning to BD-RE the space available isn't as high as BD-R by default. To make it so you can write as much to a BD-RE as a BD-R....

Start Imgburn
Tools -> Settings -> "Write tab" -> "Prefer format without spare areas" check box.

Now whne you next format you BD-RE with Imgburn it will hold as much as a normal BD-R
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 00:06   #108  |  Link
saphire199

Just a question - how do you go back to an earlier version of BDRB? When I ran into a bug with the new beta (0.24.01) I tried to go back to earlier version and got a message that the beta had expired and to update to a newer version.

saphire199
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 02:07   #109  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire199 View Post
Just a question - how do you go back to an earlier version of BDRB? When I ran into a bug with the new beta (0.24.01) I tried to go back to earlier version and got a message that the beta had expired and to update to a newer version.

saphire199
All the betas have a timeout. That's so I don't have to readdress old bugs/reports. I just uploaded v0.24.2... try that one.
Old 6th July 2009, 02:03   #110  |  Link
saphire199

Thank you JD, I am giving the new version a spin. Ok, another question. If for some reason, a clip (ie, m2ts file) does not encode properly (BDRB says encode failed) and you then hit the backup button, BDRB gives you a choice of re-starting the project from where you left off. If this happens on any extra clips, will the outcome of the rest of the rebuild be ok so that it will burn and play, or is it that if ANY encode fails, the whole project is no good. Thank you.

saphire199
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 02:51   #111  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire199 View Post
Thank you JD, I am giving the new version a spin. Ok, another question. If for some reason, a clip (ie, m2ts file) does not encode properly (BDRB says encode failed) and you then hit the backup button, BDRB gives you a choice of re-starting the project from where you left off. If this happens on any extra clips, will the outcome of the rest of the rebuild be ok so that it will burn and play, or is it that if ANY encode fails, the whole project is no good. Thank you.

saphire199
If it can pick up where it left off, everything will be fine. But if you try to skip over anything it will not.
Old 12th July 2009, 23:15   #112  |  Link
happycase

Does BD RD work just as well with makemkv, DumpHD, or DVD Fab HD as it does with Any DVD HD? Is it compatible with the aforementioned programs?
happycase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 01:25   #113  |  Link
setarip_old

@happycase

Hi!
Quote:
Does BD RD work just as well with makemkv, DumpHD, or DVD Fab HD as it does with Any DVD HD?
Yes, it does.

However, since the author, "JDobbs" relies solely on "AnyDVDHD", you'll not get any support regarding problems that may arise from an "other than AnyDVDHD" BluRay rip you create...

BTW - If you use "MakeMKV", you'll first have to convert the resultant MKV file to a BluRay "package", using "tsMuxeR" (A simple procedure that takes but a few minutes)

Last edited by setarip_old; 13th July 2009 at 01:28.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote