Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 10th February 2009, 16:26   #1121  |  Link
ds9delta
Video Maniac

Hey Jdobbs

Hello Again From Ds9delta Just A Quick Thing I Noticed On Some Of My Recent BD Rips I Thought I'd Mention... Roughly 4 In Every 10 Bd's I Rip The Main Movie Would Allready Fit On A BD-25 Without Encoding If The Extras Were Just Shrunk A Bit One Is 25.3GB For Example Just Wondering (Hoping) Would You Be Able To Add An Encode Extras Only Option? In 18.8? Hope It's Not Too Much Trouble And As Always I Thank You For The Excrutiating Work Your Doing
ds9delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 17:38   #1122  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Or a re-encode main movie only, as there can be absolute hours worth of extras on some disks, and like the guy said, once you you strip out audio tracks some disks are only a couple of gig too big.
Cheers
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 18:09   #1123  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds9delta View Post
Hello Again From Ds9delta Just A Quick Thing I Noticed On Some Of My Recent BD Rips I Thought I'd Mention... Roughly 4 In Every 10 Bd's I Rip The Main Movie Would Allready Fit On A BD-25 Without Encoding If The Extras Were Just Shrunk A Bit One Is 25.3GB For Example Just Wondering (Hoping) Would You Be Able To Add An Encode Extras Only Option? In 18.8? Hope It's Not Too Much Trouble And As Always I Thank You For The Excrutiating Work Your Doing
Which Part Of The "Bug Reports Only" Request Don't You Understand?

Everyone Here Who Wants More Out Of BD-RB Need Only Look At DVD-Rebuilder Pro To See Where Jdobbs Will Take BD-RB In The Future! Which Yes Includes Extras!

Am I The Only One Who Finds Posts Where Absolutely Every Word Starts With A Capital Letter To Be Excrutiating-ly (Sic) Difficult To Read?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 18:37   #1124  |  Link
ds9delta
Video Maniac

My Apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Which Part Of The "Bug Reports Only" Request Don't You Understand?

Everyone Here Who Wants More Out Of BD-RB Need Only Look At DVD-Rebuilder Pro To See Where Jdobbs Will Take BD-RB In The Future! Which Yes Includes Extras!

Am I The Only One Who Finds Posts Where Absolutely Every Word Starts With A Capital Letter To Be Excrutiating-ly (Sic) Difficult To Read?
I'm Sorry I Certainly Did Not Mean To Offend You This Is The Method I Learned To Type At Age 4 And Always Have...
I'm New To Posting All Together So I Am Still Learning...
Please Forgive My Slip Up If It Is Requested I Will Leave This Forum And Not Bother Anyone Further...
Thank You For Your Time And Again I Am Very Sorry...
And Also If I Offended You Jdobbs Again I Am Very Very Sorry.
ds9delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 18:38   #1125  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff 320i View Post
Jdobbs: just made a small donation. It's not much, but it comes from the heart, bro.

Question: is there a hidden setting I can type into the rebuilder.ini in order to have the 5.1 sound converted to 192 or 160 kbps stereo during encoding? Just curious.
No not yet, but that's something I can easily add.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:40   #1126  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds9delta View Post
I'm Sorry I Certainly Did Not Mean To Offend You This Is The Method I Learned To Type At Age 4 And Always Have...
I'm New To Posting All Together So I Am Still Learning...
Please Forgive My Slip Up If It Is Requested I Will Leave This Forum And Not Bother Anyone Further...
Thank You For Your Time And Again I Am Very Sorry...
And Also If I Offended You Jdobbs Again I Am Very Very Sorry.
It's all cool... I'm not that easily offended. I'm just trying to limit the scope of changes now to bugs. God knows there are plenty of those to keep me busy for a while.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:44   #1127  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfellow View Post
Just to add to my above post. I saw in another thread that the problem I was getting was coming from x264. I did what JD said to do (running the command from the LASTCMD.TXT in a command window). I get the following errors...

avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\working\workfiles\info.avs'

I hope this helps shed some lite on what is going on, also if it tells someone what I'm doing incorrectly, please let me know as I would like to help as much as I can.

Thanks again!!
Is it a VC-1 encode (original)? Chances are that segment was encoded with alternating interlaced and progressive sections -- that seems to throw the directshow decoder(s). I'm trying to figure out a way (short of including additional proprietary software) that might be an option for those circumstances. I can easily keep the original and adjust for BD-25 encodes -- but BD-5 and BD-9 needs a lower maximum bitrate in order to avoid skipping.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th February 2009 at 20:19.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 19:26   #1128  |  Link
rainfellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Is it a VC-1 encode (original). Chances are that segment was encoded with alternating interlaced and progressive sections -- that seems to throw the directshow decoder(s). I'm trying to figure out a way (short of including additional proprietary software) that might be an option for those circumstances. I can easily keep the original and adjust for BD-25 encodes -- but BD-5 and BD-9 needs a lower maximum bitrate in order to avoid skipping.

So it IS something weird with the disc.. kinda figured it had to be since all the ways I have to "archive" these all seem to choke on this one... will have to save it for another day I guess.

Keep up the great work it is all totally appreciated by myself as well as a good group of other people on here!!!
rainfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 20:32   #1129  |  Link
jdobbs

Version v0.18.08

Finally got a little time to do some more work. I've posted a link to an updated version of BD Rebuilder in the first post of this thread. Changes are:

Code:
- Corrected an error in which a stream with no audio
  to extract could cause an error.
- Updated muxing command line in an attempt to correct
  "skipping" issues with playback on PS3.
- Corrected an error in which "ConvertToYV12()" can be
  multiply entered in an AVS file.
- Made some corrections related to audio stream
  selection and PIDs used.
- Updated included X264.EXE to r1109.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Please limit all new bug reports to this version.

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2009, 21:12   #1130  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

Hello there, I did a movie only back-up for Die Hard 4 (DIE_HARD_4_0_F3_DVD.ISO) ! Good Job. Works like a charme.

When I tried to do "The day after tomorrow" i ran into trouble. (older version and v0.18.8 (beta))

-----------------------
[20:40:41] BD Rebuilder v0.18.8 (beta)
- Source: DAT_F2
- Input BD size: 29,76 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:03:40.412]
- Target BD size: 4,27 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[20:40:41] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[21:00:28] - Failed video encode, aborted

I installed and changed no settings. Stream reports: VID_00001 MPEG-4 AVC, 1080p, 23.976fps, 30.469,63.

I tried the original disk (AnyDVD HD enabled) and a ripped unprotected iso. Am i missing something ? I did so I edited this post and reported in 1132.

Thanks.

Last edited by SvT; 10th February 2009 at 21:57. Reason: Removed useless space.
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 21:26   #1131  |  Link
jdobbs

In the BD-RB executable's directory is a file called "LASTCMD.TXT". It holds the command line of the last encode attempted. Try copying the contents of that file and pasting it into a CMD window. That way we can see what is actually being returned in the encode attempt.
Old 10th February 2009, 21:49   #1132  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

Yes, I missed that....

X:\Back-Up\BD_Rebuilder>"X:\Back-Up\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "J:\DIV\WORKFIL
ES\INFO.AVS" --crf 16 --output NUL
avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
x264 [error]: could not open input file 'J:\DIV\WORKFILES\INFO.AVS'

Hope this helps. (it gets me searching this thread again with new keywords). !

You've got to be kidding me ! I thought I read the whole thread but I missed the last posts..... Is there anything you want me to try ? Or do you need additional movie/stream info ?

Thanks

Last edited by SvT; 10th February 2009 at 21:56.
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 22:38   #1133  |  Link
DIVX2009

jdobbs...,
YOU ADD SUPPORT FOR LPCM 7.1 ???
TKS
DIVX2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 23:55   #1134  |  Link
DIEGO7-5

Thanks for all the great effort and time you have put into this software! It is truly amazing and works well! But i have to report an issue if you have the time. I was trying to backup my version of "DEATH SENTENCE" (featuring Kevin Bacon) and it has extra features in 480i. The movie itself was encoded nothing but perfect. The 480i stuff had a grey/green slow-motion effect to it. And everything was blocky. I never had this while doing other backups like "stealth". I have installed everything as suggested by you. Any idea? What am i doing wrong?
DIEGO7-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 00:11   #1135  |  Link
jdobbs

When someone completes and does a test on the PS3 please let me know if the new muxing command corrects the skipping issue.

Thanks.
Old 11th February 2009, 01:21   #1136  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
When someone completes and does a test on the PS3 please let me know if the new muxing command corrects the skipping issue.

Thanks.

Will run one tonite... someone else will probably get you some feedback sooner than I can, so I'll just add my confirmation as well.

Thanks for your efforts on this great program.
Old 11th February 2009, 01:24   #1137  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEGO7-5 View Post
Thanks for all the great effort and time you have put into this software! It is truly amazing and works well! But i have to report an issue if you have the time. I was trying to backup my version of "DEATH SENTENCE" (featuring Kevin Bacon) and it has extra features in 480i. The movie itself was encoded nothing but perfect. The 480i stuff had a grey/green slow-motion effect to it. And everything was blocky. I never had this while doing other backups like "stealth". I have installed everything as suggested by you. Any idea? What am i doing wrong?
due to interlaced vc1 - no cure, no decoders support it properly that are free.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 02:03   #1138  |  Link
MR.WaynesWorld

Downloaded the new release tonight and currently running Hero's Season 2 Disc 2 through it. That one I could never get to work. So far impressed with the speed, it seems a little faster....
MR.WaynesWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 02:09   #1139  |  Link
DIEGO7-5

I do have the latest Cyberlink decoders that shipped with with my ATI GPU. They cause audio/video glitches when ffdshow is disabled and i try to encode a movie with BD-RB. Audio is always way out of sync.
DIEGO7-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 02:09   #1140  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEGO7-5 View Post
You can copy that one (M2TS and CLPI) over verbatim renaming it appropriately... then increment the COMPLETED=n value in the INF file. Since it's 480i you don't have to worry about its bitrate being too high.