Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 6th January 2002, 16:07   #1  |  Link
diji1
LOL-a-matic

LAME not working on old PC

Hi all,

My friend has a 450 K6-2 in a crap mobo with crap ram ( 133 running at 100 tho ) - ( no really, it's my friend ) and im trying to get his comp encoding.

For some reason, LAME just won't work now. It worked before for encoding cd's thru EAC, but then i installed gknot and lame no workee ..... tho i have no idea if gkot actually caused it to stop.

I run lame from command-line and it crashes immediately with the following message: "LAME caused invalid page fault in LAME.exe at [ some mem address that changes ]". This occurs if i execute lame with or without arguments.

It happens with lame 3.70 up to the latest alpha i have - ive tried most of the stable versions to no avail. I have also tried deleting all instances of lame.dll/.exe and replacing them.

I can't think what the issue might be - if anybody has *any* ideas could u pls post. Thanks for any help.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"movmasty is and was always right!"
diji1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2002, 18:10   #2  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

LAME3.9x is more sensitive to overclocking and agressive memory timings according to the developers. Check your BIOS memory timings or don't overclock

The latest stable version is 3.91
MaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2002, 12:54   #3  |  Link
ChristianHJW

... this is probably cause by the compiler that was used, the old AMD CPU maybe cant handle some of the commands .... but i am astonished to hear 3.70 doesnt work either .... you may ask the Lame experts ( Dibrom f.e. ) over at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org for help.
Old 13th January 2002, 17:16   #4  |  Link
diji1
LOL-a-matic

beats me...

Hi,

Thanks for the replies... tho nothing worked ! This is quite a wierd problem. No worries tho as my friend upgraded to p3, should be encoding one of these days .
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"movmasty is and was always right!"
diji1 is offline   Reply With Quote