Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st June 2019, 08:06   #21  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
NVenc and x264 are different encoders. With x264 you have CRF (=RF in Handbrake). NVenc doesn't have CRF (Constant Rate Factor) but only QP (constant quantization parameter) which is different and cannot be compared with CRF.
I suggest you go with X264. It's slower but it's much better documented, and the quality is superior. Forget placebo. Use preset medium or slow to begin with, and experiment with various CRF (= RF in Handbrake).
Dear Sharc first I want to thank you for all your paciencie and guide me

I tell you I just encoded finally four MKVs in Slower with 4.1 and CRF 20, 19, 21,2, 23 )I canīt remember because the I tried to see the image quality, and I watched every MKV on my tv and finally the image was just great

Maybe in some scenes where you can see the people faces hes faces looks like not so sharp and I wish to get better that, is there any option to get more sharp the image?

And the second question, buddy is for example I have to encode Rambo movie and I really donīt know what exactly CRF number to set up and I donīt know what will be the final size, I have to make the same movie but different CRf and compare very movie? or how is it?

What do you recommend for knows without spend hours and hours for make a choice?

Thank you and I hope again what you say?
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2019, 09:11   #22  |  Link
Sharc

Lower CRF give sharper pictures. Higher CRF compress more and blur more.
If you are still undecided on the CRF just use CRF 20 as a good compromise between file size (compression, which is important for you as you said before) and quality.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2019, 13:44   #23  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Lower CRF give sharper pictures. Higher CRF compress more and blur more.
If you are still undecided on the CRF just use CRF 20 as a good compromise between file size (compression, which is important for you as you said before) and quality.
Thank you very much buddy!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote