Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st December 2002, 17:00   #1  |  Link
laylo

Trying 2 split "The Office"

Can anyone help, i'm trying to split "The Office" to 2 DVD's i.e. 3 episodes on each disk. I've replaced episodes 4, 5 & 6 (for the first DVD)for dummy files but when i try to burn using Nero i get the error message "DVD-Files Relocation Failed".
Can anyone help.

T.I.A.

Laylo
laylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2002, 18:27   #2  |  Link
goodl
Forgotten Son

did you 'get VTS vectors' in ifoedit before burning?
good

then go to nero (latest version)

use the wizard and select DVD video

when it comes to the burn bit tell it to burn an image instead of direct to disc.

when its finished double click on the image file to burn it.

it does give you some error messages but you can skip them and still burn it.

I have done precisely this with 'The Office' and it does work
goodl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2002, 07:27   #3  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Try using Imgtools 0.99.3 to burn. It uses Nero API and if reallocation gives you an error, uncheck the reallocate VIDEO_TS Structure feature and burn. And it's freeware.

I had the same problem with disk 1 when doing splits. I just did Brotherhood of the Wolf disk 1 and it plays on my very picky Sony standalone.

http://www.coujo.de/portal/portal_d...iew&fid=5&cid=1
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2002, 00:54   #4  |  Link
-=ViBeZ=-

Could anyone share their experince with me on this dvd?

I'm interested in how you created the dummy vobs?

Could some one post a quick step by step guide for 'the office' as it's my 1st episodic back up
-=ViBeZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2002, 04:58   #5  |  Link
Shar Chi

The Office (series 1) DVD is my first attempt at DVD burning, so i guess taking on a series DVD is a baptism of fire. So far I've made a DVD(9) -> DVD-R(5) copy, which works OK in all players, except you cant use chapters or menu functions.

I made a CFFL list in ReMpeg & transcoded all the non-menu VOBs @ 50% compression into a single 3 hour m2v (edit: took 12 hours of encoding time). I also ripped the ac3 files & stitched them all together with filemerge. from there it was ifoedit to remux & nero to burn. not a perfect solution, but it all fits onto 1 DVD and works in stand-alones, albeit without the menus.

I'm having another stab at the DVD. This time I'm demuxing all VOB files, compress each m2v separately @ 50% & remux. Fingers crossed the menus should work this time. The picture quality aint great, but that doesnt bother me.

I'd be interested in other people's strategies & results.

Last edited by Shar Chi; 23rd December 2002 at 09:44.
Shar Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2002, 16:35   #6  |  Link
Shar Chi

OK... I'm stuck. ReMpeg, TMPG, CCE wont recognise the 2nd vob file from any of the episodes.

I've ripped all the vobs from this DVD.

Each episode of the 6-part series is separated into its own VTS with VOB1_0, VOB1_1, VOB1_2.

Vob 1_1 is the first 20 mins of the episode, Vob1_2 is the next 10 mins.

I can load Vob1_1 into rempeg & compress it no prob. But rempeg will NOT load vob1_2 on any of the episodes. This leaves me with a a DVD over 4.5GB

I've tried ripping / demux with DVD Decrypter, SmartRipper, VStrip, and VOBEdit. None of the results would transcode in either Rempeg, TMPG, CCE, or VbbEdit. But i can watch the Vob play back in any dvd player. The encoders just crash, although 1 mentioned a sync prob with the m2v / vob.

I've looked through the forums, and a few people have mentioned this without any conclusive answers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm using XP1800, 1/2 gb ddr333, win98.
My next stab would be to try DVD2AVI and go the long way round.
Shar Chi is offline   Reply With Quote