Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th February 2010, 21:24   #10781  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLz View Post
What happen if you put your script in vdub? Do the ffdshow icon appear in the icon notification zone?
As I say... I see exactly the same as you described in your post, which I quoted. No, there is no icon. I'm not using ffdshow for decoding so I don't see why it should be there.
EDIT: If I will use ffdshow for decoding, there is no point to use the plugin since I can set profile that will run only with virtual dub and enable there whatever I want.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 12th February 2010 at 21:29.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 21:40   #10782  |  Link
tal.aloni

Guys,
build 3261 will allocate 17 DX buffers instead of 16 (XP) / 22 (Vista / Windows 7). (H.264 specs require 17).

if anybody is having a problem with it, let me know.
I assume that if nobody will have problem, MPC-HC will follow.
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 22:02   #10783  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal.aloni View Post
Guys,
build 3261 will allocate 17 DX buffers instead of 16 (XP) / 22 (Vista / Windows 7). (H.264 specs require 17).

if anybody is having a problem with it, let me know.
I assume that if nobody will have problem, MPC-HC will follow.
Does this offer any functional benefit for ffdshow dxva, or more a compliance to the h.264 spec?
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 22:11   #10784  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
ffavisynth should be back working in rev. 3260
It works!
Old 12th February 2010, 23:09   #10785  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd78 View Post
Does this offer any functional benefit for ffdshow dxva, or more a compliance to the h.264 spec?
mostly compliance, some exotic low-resolution streams might need 17 surfaces.

it might give a tiny performance gain for Vista / Windows 7.

Edit:
for XP, I had to revert to 16 DX surfaces, VMR9 is limited to 16.

Last edited by tal.aloni; 13th February 2010 at 01:27.
Old 13th February 2010, 06:58   #10786  |  Link
jhb50

Problems using GMA 500 DXVA under XP

I have an ASUS 1201HA z520 atom with Intel GMA500, and XP Home SP3 installed. I am simply trying to utilize the GMA DXVA capabilities and play MP4 AVC videos under XP.

Cyberlink's POWERDVD9 does this correctly. Videos that took 100% cpu with COREAVC only take 25% using POWERDVD9, however there is no subtitle support and being hearing impaired, I would like to use a player that does support them.

Using ffdshow DXVA 3265, I get a BSOD with MPC-HC (any version thru 1260) and VMR9. The same thing happens using the standalone MPC Video Decoder 1249 in MPC-HC 1260, Zoom or WMP. The STOP message references the Intel GMA500 driver, but POWERDVD works correctly with its H264/AVC decoder.

I have tried to use the Cyberlink H264/AVC decoder from PDVD9 with Zoom but I receive an error that the class is not registered, and have not been able to get around that.

So are ffdshow DXVA and the MPC Video Decoder providing incorrect data to the Intel GMA 500 driver or is there a driver bug that Cyberlink has found a work around to.

I have provided more info in Bug report #233 and #277 to MPC-HC project, and would be happy to provide more info here to get this problem fixed.

Seems to me if Cyberlink can successfully use the GMA500 DXVA capabilities under XP, that MPC and ffdshow should be able to do the same. At a minimum they should not cause a BSOD!

Thanks for any info you can provide me on this.
jhb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 10:08   #10787  |  Link
tal.aloni

jhb50,
I have personally went through all of the DXVA code imported from MPC-HC, all is according to standard, I haven't encountered any quirk or a hack that may cause a BSOD.
it's probably a driver issue, however, it's odd that powerdvd works and ffdshow / MPC-HC does not.

have you tried other renderers beside VMR-9? (try overlay mixer / VMR-7 / not-renderless)

are you using the lastet version of the GPU driver?

p.s.
on second thought, there are a few things that we might be doing differently than cyberlink:
1. we always allocate the maximum number of buffers, optimal decoder would allocate only the necessary amount.
2. we try to negotiate DXVA 2.0 under XP, without checking the OS version.

however, those are not supposed to cause BSOD.

Last edited by tal.aloni; 13th February 2010 at 12:09.
Old 13th February 2010, 19:03   #10788  |  Link
jhb50

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have used both the 1012 XP driver that came with the system and the 1018 XP driver from Intel.

I will go and test each of the available renderers now and report back.

My understanding was that XP only supported DXVA1 and indeed DXVA Checker reports that as per the attached. Also Cyberlink reports DXVA1 support as per the CL1 attachment. Could this be the problem? It also appears that the MPC-VD believes that DXVA should work because it does not revert to DXVA OFF mode so something is going wrong between that point and the BSOD.

OK, tested with Overlay, VMR7 and 9 windowed and renderless..all BSOD'd. With Haali renderer it loaded MPC VD but it reported "Not Using DXVA".

I also note that the MPC-VD pin info reports "Pin: (C) 2007 Google Inc. v06.24.2007". How did Google get involved in this?

I'm also wondering if there is any way for me to get the PDVD9 X264 filter to load in order to test a different DXVA filter with MPC-HC. Currently it reverts to the next highest merit VD, and if I disable them all but Cyberlink, no VD gets loaded.
Zoom reports CL 264 Filter "Class not registered" and reverts to the next highest merit. I don't know how to get around this or of any other DXVA VD that I can try. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Last edited by jhb50; 13th February 2010 at 19:47. Reason: add renderer test results.
jhb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 19:30   #10789  |  Link
Peuj

Hi,

I have something wrong in my ffdshow presets that makes crash MPC-HC. I use ffdshow rev3265 and MPC-HC rev1650.
I've created 2 presets "TV HD" and "TV SD". When I watch an HD movie (ex:http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...&sdm=web&pt=rd), MPC-HC crashes.

This happens only with my 2 presets and the H.264/AVC ffdshow codec.
If I select the default preset and the H.264/AVC ffdshow codec, I don't have the problem.
If I select my 2 presets and an external codec (and with ffdshow "Raw video" activated), I don't have the problem.

Here's the settings exported with ffdshow http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8H22LUH
If somebody could look at it explain me what's wrong.

Thanks
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 20:39   #10790  |  Link
tal.aloni

Peug,
during debug, I found out that the problem is that ffdshow and ffdshow DXVA share the active preset key.

I'm looking into it.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:51   #10791  |  Link
Peuj

Quote:
Peug,
during debug, I found out that the problem is that ffdshow and ffdshow DXVA share the active preset key.

I'm looking into it.
Thanks
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 21:20   #10792  |  Link
tal.aloni

fixed for rev. 3266,
this should have a big effect on many settings.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:56   #10793  |  Link
deets

hmm playback of any BBC HD is not stretched to 16:9, just stays 4:3. works in all other decoders?

and any chance live streams will be looked at
deets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 23:49   #10794  |  Link
tal.aloni

jhb50,
Windows XP uses DXVA 1.0,
Windows Vista / Windows 7 uses DXVA 2.0

(I pointed out that ffdshow negotiate DXVA 2.0 under windows XP, because it's possible (not confirmed) that you can get DXVA 2.0 to work under XP with VC-1 & EVR)

the BSOD might be also caused by an additional filter in the chain, or additional software that is installed in your system.

(a rogue filter would explain why powerdvd is not effected)

there is not a lot that I can do for you at this point,
debug log will require some effort, the only other option you have if you want to make ffdshow work, is to initiate a debug session, and see in which line of code triggers the BSOD.

however, this might require a lot of effort on your behalf.

p.s.
I know that it's possible to use cyberlink video decoder from other directshow based players, like media player classic.
(it used to take over my system when I tested powerdvd)

Last edited by tal.aloni; 17th February 2010 at 17:23.
Old 14th February 2010, 00:37   #10795  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Windows 7 uses DXVA 2.0
Afaik win7 also uses DXVA-HD which is DXVA 3.0 or something like that. Is it somehow usefull for ffdshow? Does it actually works on non-directx11 videocards?
Old 14th February 2010, 10:30   #10796  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Hi,

some updates on bluray subtitles : it is now working and it was more difficult than I thought because both ffmpeg and mplayer PGS implentation are buggy.

I'll send my code to MPC team (or I'll fix it by myself if I have time)

It also took some time because I would like to be able to use the scaler used by vobsub : gaussian, bilinear,... scalers

It will let us have the best rendering quality as any other player.

Also, some extra work was needed to adapt the position and size of the subtitles if one enables the resize filter or enable subs zooming.
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 10:40   #10797  |  Link
tal.aloni

wow, sounds promising!

on another note,
I realized yesterday that the reason our previous DXVA post processing methods (blend / full post-processing) were causing garbled output, is because of the bug fixed in rev. 3258 (some mechanism that dropped input samples)

what's happening with the bugfix applied, is that the playback is simply slowing down. it doesn't really change anything though, full post-processing is still not fast enough, blend might be, but not for all settings.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:31   #10798  |  Link
Sebastiii

Great news

Thx you guys
Seb.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:38   #10799  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Afaik win7 also uses DXVA-HD which is DXVA 3.0 or something like that. Is it somehow usefull for ffdshow? Does it actually works on non-directx11 videocards?
Don't know but it would be a replacement solution to the resize filter
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 11:55   #10800  |  Link
tal.aloni

I've made a quick fix to the problem reported earlier (VC-1 crash at the end of the stream).

right now, up to 11 of the last frames in VC-1 may be truncated when using DXVA, I hope to implement a thorough fix that will also include more efficient frame ordering when I have the time.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl