Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 10th December 2002, 23:17   #1  |  Link
gnutellafan

HELP! Lilo and Stitch

I finally got a DVD burner (DVR-105). I tried to back up my Lilo and Stitch DVD. I ripped the entire movie with DVDdecrypter to the hardrive. I analized all of the vobs with DVD2avi. I only wanted the movie, which was in VTS_01_1-4. I loaded VTS_01_0.ifo, and used VOB extras. The only thing I left check was 'Create VIDEO_TS.IFO & VTS_01_0.IFO'. Ifoedit processed and gave me the new ifofile. I copied my VOBS (VTS_01_1-4) to the new VIDEO_TS folder. I closed ifoedit and reopened it. I loaded VIDEO_TS.ifo and pressed 'Get VTS Sectors' (I then repeated for VTS_01_0.ifo, though I dont think I needed to). Then I burned the folder to a DVD-RW w/ nero (express actually since that is what came with the burner, Ive since reloaded Nero which was earased when I redid my system for my new burner...off topic).

The DVD plays fine in the pioneer drive. It is not recognized in my other dvd-rom drive (dont know manufacturer). It is also not recognized in an xbox or a sony set top.

HELP! Is it the media or did I do something wrong. Its the cheep looking media that comes with the CenDyne rebaded DVR-105 drive. I haved tried any other DVD media yet because I have to order it and still dont know what to get.
Old 11th December 2002, 08:16   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Just did Lilo and Stitch 2 nights ago using 2 DVDR disks. One with original menu and main movie and the other the rest of the extras with original menu.

Since you just want the main movie you can also have the original menu with it too.

1. Use Smartripper and click Files button.

Check all video_ts.XXX
all vts_01_X.XXX
all vts_02_X.XXX
all vts_03_X.XXX
all vts_06_X.XXX
all vts_07_X.XXX

Enter a target folder and press STart button. I always use Smartripper but if you prefer, DVDdecrypter works too.

2. Open ifoedit 0.95,what I use, and open up video_ts_ifo. Go to VMGM_MAT and go into First Play PGC. Edit pre command #8 to (JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu (Title Nr. 1, Titleset Nr. 1, Menu: root) and save video_ts.ifo.

2. Open vts_01_0.ifo. Go to VTSM_PGCI_UT and to PGC-Menu 22. Double-click on Number of Pre commands and enter 1. To refresh, click on another PGC-Menu and then click on PGC-Menu 22 again to go back to pre-command #1. Edit precommand to (LinkPGCN) Link PGC and select 2 for PGC nr. Do the same for PGC-Menu 23. Save vts_01_0.ifo.

PGC-Menu 22 is for page for bonus materials and PGC-Menu 23 is for Sneak Peeks. We're just disabling these features in the root menu. So if you click on these, you'll still stay in the root menu.

3. Get VTS_Sectors and test play your movie to see if all is working the way it supposed to be. Just in case, check to see all your ifos are region free.

4. You're going to get unexpected error or reallocation error if you burn so that's when I use Imgtools 99.4. It has saved me from alot of coasters and it's free and you can get it here.
http://www.coujo.de/portal/portal_da...ew&fid=5&cid=1

Uncheck "Reallocate VIDEO_TS structure". In Burn DVD section, select your folder and in Volume, enter Lilo and Stitch. Click on the burn icon and there you have it.

Note: DVDRW may not work on all standalones but I always use DVDRs.

This guide is only for the first disk. Don't have much time to do the second as I need to meet my drinking buddies at the nightclub soon.

Last edited by 2COOL; 11th December 2002 at 08:23.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 12:07   #3  |  Link
bigapple_55

because you are using rewriteable disc.. it only can read on its own drive.. using -r disc hope this info will help
bigapple_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2002, 19:11   #4  |  Link
gnutellafan

ok

So since the disk works fine in its own drive it should work on stand alone as long as I burn on DVD-R? I plan on getting some soon but read that there are problems with the new 4x burners and old media and havent had time to figure out what media I can get at a decent price and where to get it.

How else can I confirm that I have a working image of a movie if nothing recognizes the dvd-rw? I thought most players would recognize dvd-rw?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by gnutellafan; 13th December 2002 at 02:24.
gnutellafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2002, 20:49   #5  |  Link
old-hack

I've bought and used dvd+rw's from Meritline and they have been readable on all of my dvd players. This might not be comforting if you are using a dvd-rw device.
old-hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2002, 20:20   #6  |  Link
gnutellafan

I should have said before, but I forgot about it, that when I play the DVD with the ifoedit DVD play function I get the following msg:

*No valid DVD-Video volume could be located
Do you still want to continue?

If I select yes it plays fine. As I said before it also plays fine with WinDVD.

Would this help trouble shoot my problems?
Old 18th December 2002, 02:55   #7  |  Link
davann

Hi 2cool can you tell me a step by step to bakcup with original menu and main movie for lilo & stitch? When i remove the extras then i select them it starts playing a trailer. Can't figure out the structure of the dvd... can't figure out how to remove fbi warning. The warning isn't in the video_ts??
davann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2002, 08:15   #8  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

davann,

If the earlier reply wasn't clear enough, I'll try to do another guide for the first disk containing everything except bonus mat. and sneak peeks. I'm using Lilo and Stitch R1. At the moment, I'm trying to recover from a cold.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2002, 15:21   #9  |  Link
drafty

Burning with nero will give you an xbox incompatible disk no matter what media you use.
Thats the xbox problem...

drafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2002, 15:28   #10  |  Link
drafty

BTW I also have a sony dvp 735, it works best when you create an image and burn from the image. I use Prassi DVD to burn the created img file. You can use imgtool 0.89 for good results. My sony seems disk type sensitive I use DVD master media ( rebadged ritek G3's ) these work well in the xbox and in the sony.
Again for clarity I have experience problems with the Sony when using a non image method. and nero is out for xbox.

Regards,
Drafty.
Old 20th December 2002, 20:14   #11  |  Link
gnutellafan

I had read that in the sticky post above but also read that the problem was fixed. Guess not :-( Unfortunatly Nero is the only burning tool I have right now, guess Ill have to go buy something else. Looks like primodvd isnt for sale. What would be the best software?

Is there a guide for imgtool? I cant get it to make an image for me. I read that there is a problem with NT systems and Im using xp. I cant get imgtools to select the folder with the contents to make an image from. Nor can I get ifoedit to make an image, it just brings up imgtools.
Old 23rd December 2002, 10:53   #12  |  Link
drafty

Im using XP myself. Its proably having problems creating the virtual drive letter.
What it trys to do is map a directory on your HD to a drive letter "E:" perhaps.
You can do this manually, open up a command window and type "subst c:\dvddirectory e:" this will now map a directory call dvddirectory with your VIDEO_TS sub directory to a drive called E:. Try this.

Note:
the directory name that contains your VIDEO_TS sub directory must not have spaces in the filename. The drive you choose for mapping must not already be used.
Old 23rd December 2002, 14:31   #13  |  Link
gnutellafan

new problems

2cool,
the above guide was perfectly clear for me (I dont know how you figure out the buttons yet and how to link them). Very impressive, and thank you much for the guide.

There are a few other things I would like to do.

I would like to set first play to start with the movie. Im not sure where to set it to for this movie.

Also, I want to get rid of:

Disney DVD logo: VTS_02_1 VOB ID 1
Disney Pictures Logo: VTS_02_1 VOB ID 3

FBI WARNING: VTS_03_1 ID 2
THX Screen: VTS_03_1 VOB ID 4

There is no vmg overview with these in them (as per derrow's guide) but they are called up in the PGC program chains. I tried deleting the playback there but that killed the DVD.
Old 23rd December 2002, 21:14   #14  |  Link
madzumo

gnutellafan,

step 3: strip out unused menu objects of the Infoedit guide at doom9.org should answer your question to remove those VOB id's.

2cool,

your explanation on Lilo & Stitch was quite clear. However, on your step #2, how did you know which PGC program # to null? How do you know which one corresponds to bonus material and sneak peaks to disable them as you did so wonderfully?

thanks.
m.
madzumo is offline   Reply With Quote