Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st October 2002, 21:26   #1  |  Link
Digital_Monkey

Newbie Question

Sorry to bore you guys....

Anyway after several weeks of reading the forums and the excellent guides I have at last ripped and burnt to disc a dvd, albeit just the movies, no menu...... Well we gotta start somewhere....

Anyhows... I have now come across a teeeeeeny weeeeeeny problem, I ripped Meet The Parents, however, total size was 4.5Gb, thus wouldnt fit onto DVD-R, so I used ReMpg2 to reduce bitrate, 5 hours later was left with .m2v file, which i used Ifo Edit to remux and create new VOB's.....Fantastic I thought, file fit and ran via IfoEdit DVD Player....

I burnt to disc using Nero, put in standalone player and hey presto it played, pic quality looked kewl and sound too.... then it happened... The picture jittures.... Not continously, just every now and again..... I have read thru the guides and cannot see what I have done wrong...... HELP !! Pleeeeeeeeeease !!!

Any advise from you seasoned rippers......

Old 23rd October 2002, 01:32   #2  |  Link
Justinus
Anime Otaku

Can you describe what you set with the softwares you use (so people will understand and find out that you might set something wrong)? For instance, if you deinterlace that movie, it'll look terrible on TV.
Trust is a social good to be protected just as much as the air we breathe or the water we drink. When it is damaged, the community as a whole suffers; and when it is destroyed, societies falter and collapse. - Bok (1978)
Justinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2002, 21:46   #3  |  Link
Digital_Monkey

Sorted

Hi Justinus...

Thanx for yr reply..... But after 2 nites of scanning the forums, i came across a post that mentioned the same kind of problem...

I followed the post instructions and ripped Snatch, final VOB was 5.3 GB, I used Rempeg2 to decode and encode as per instructions shown in guides.... I then remuxed with V.06 of IfoEdit into a new directory, closed V.06 and opened V.093 get VTS Sectors, then stripped for final time with V 0.93 and did final bits, Region Free, P-Ups and get VTS... Burnt with Nero and played on my standalone like a dream...