Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd February 2018, 07:49   #1  |  Link
mtepper27

Beginner using AVISynth

Hi, I've just started using Avisynth. All I'm looking to do is use the UnDot filter to clean up some white dots that appear throughout my .TS video file. The video file got this interference from a Hauppauge Recording via a Directv Receiver.

I've placed the video.ts file, the UnDot folder, and the video.avs script file in the C: drive, and this was my script file.

Avisource("C:\video.ts")
LoadPlugin ("C:\UnDot\UnDot.dll")
UnDot("C:\video.ts")

And when I open the script file with WindowsMediaPlayer, I get a Couldn't Open file error.

Is there a simple fix for this?
mtepper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:30   #2  |  Link
manono

1. Is your video an AVI? It doesn't appear to be. AVISource is a source filter and if your video isn't among a limited number of AVIs it opens (XviD, DivX, DV-AVI, Lagarith and a number of lossless AVIs), it won't work. I doubt a TS is an AVI.

2. Does the LoadPlugin line point to the Undot.dll?

3. You'd use Undot as Undot().

Open your scripts in VDub to get a real error message. When asking for help, "I get a Couldn't Open file error" doesn't cut it. In this case you probably have two glaring errors.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:40   #3  |  Link
johnmeyer

LoadPlugin is a "setup" call that tells the script to make this DLL available to the script. It is usually put at the top of the script.

AVISource actually loads the video file.

The place where your script fails is the Undot line. The AVISource statement places your video into the variable "last". The Undot statement can either be written without the "last" variable (it is implied) like this:

Undot()

or you can include the last variable:

Undot(last).

As an alternative, you can assign a variable on the AVISource line, and then use that variable in the Undot statement:

myvideo = Avisource("C:\video.ts")
Undot(myvideo)

If you add more statements to your script, each subsequent statement will either refer to last, or a variable you assign.

I don't know if AVISource can load a .ts file, and if so, you may need to use a different call.

BTW, it is generally a bad idea to put stuff in the root of your boot drive. I'd create a folder called c:\video and then put the video.ts video file into that folder. There are lots of important boot files in the root of the C: drive, and you don't want to accidentally do something to these files.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote