Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th November 2006, 19:28   #2041  |  Link
oddball

Help! I just purchased 1.2 pro version and when it forwards me to portal.coreforge.org I get this error.

"A serious error has occurred.Duplicate entry '1825' for key 1"

Last edited by oddball; 16th November 2006 at 19:35.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 19:34   #2042  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Congratulations CoreCodec on the launch. You've managed to piss some people off (those who haven't read the whole thread no doubt), but others (JohnnyFu for example) have had no problems, so it's a little hit and miss. I'll wait a few months before purchasing for you lot to iron out the bugs in your systems.
Old 16th November 2006, 19:51   #2043  |  Link
oddball

OK the page loaded and asked for me to register. I entered my details and now it wants a 16 digit registration number. I have not even got the software yet!

Nothing in my email inbox either!
Old 16th November 2006, 19:52   #2044  |  Link
Jay Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFu View Post
Can't confirm that. I recorded the cpu usage using perfmon on two different video files. Each test has passed three times and i then calculated an avarage value.
I can see one or two peaks in your graphs where the new version stays a few percent under the old one. But yeah, I guess I was just trying to look for something positive in this release. As it stands the release highlight really is the online activation. And after seeing a lot of the negativity here and at the CoreAVC forums I think Core have to seriously rethink their plans. I mean if they can't convince the doom9 people that their decoder is worth the hassle then how are they ever going to be successful anywhere else?

Last edited by Jay Bee; 16th November 2006 at 19:59.
Jay Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 19:54   #2045  |  Link
AmbKosh

Great. I'm also receiving the "A serious error has occurred.Duplicate entry '1828' for key 1" Message after I payed via PayPal.
OK. Now after I reloaded the page I'm at the same point as oddball. What is my 16-digit number? Where can I get it?

BetaBoy: What can I do now?

Last edited by AmbKosh; 16th November 2006 at 20:02.
AmbKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:05   #2046  |  Link
JohnnyFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bee View Post
I can see one or two peaks in your graphs where the new version stays a few percent under the old one.
This is due to imprecise measurement of perfmon unfortunately i don't know a more precise way to do such records.
JohnnyFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:09   #2047  |  Link
BetaBoy
CoreCodec Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbKosh View Post
Great. I'm also receiving the "A serious error has occurred.Duplicate entry '1828' for key 1" Message after I payed via PayPal.
OK. Now after I reloaded the page I'm at the same point as oddball. What is my 16-digit number? Where can I get it?

BetaBoy: What can I do now?
Copy and paste it to me and tell me how you got the error... betaboy@corecodec.com

http://corecodec.com
BetaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:19   #2048  |  Link
Disabled

@BetaBoy
I'll stop ranting about activation for a moment and just ask you to tell us how activation works, what it is sending, how can we activate it with offline computers, what we are allowed to do and what we are not and everything else we should know.
I don't wanna find out the hard way I can only activate it once or such.
*edit*
Why do I have a calculator and a clock in the CoreAccount "My Webpage"?

Last edited by Disabled; 16th November 2006 at 20:21.
Disabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:19   #2049  |  Link
BetaBoy
CoreCodec Founder

Jay Bee... or testing shows at the very least a 1% increase but as high as 5% on some files (stick with the low-end on average)

http://corecodec.com
BetaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:27   #2050  |  Link
AmbKosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaBoy View Post
Copy and paste it to me and tell me how you got the error... betaboy@corecodec.com
I just sent you an email with the description and the activation link which failed for me.

Thanks for you help.
Old 16th November 2006, 20:29   #2051  |  Link
Hans Ohlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled View Post
I read somewhere that you can just download the file again and activate the new download. That would still stop illegal distribution and thus might be possible but would give you the option to reinstall it as often as you want.
nope not working.

i understand the illegal use thing, but why should i buy 2 copies if i just want to use it on two machines but only on one at a time...
Hans Ohlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:29   #2052  |  Link
oddball

I've also just emailed you the activation link that failed. This is very frustrating.
Old 16th November 2006, 20:31   #2053  |  Link
JohnnyFu

Quote:
or testing shows at the very least a 1% increase but as high as 5% on some files (stick with the low-end on average)
Yes there is a little (about 0.5% to 1%) improvement on the Planet Earth movie i have tested.
I will test more video files tomorrow.

For those who are interessted i attached the excel sheet from the screens i posted before in this thread.

Edit: can someone translate or write "(stick with the low-end on average)" with other words for me ?
Attached Files
File Type: rar coreavc.rar (51.5 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by JohnnyFu; 16th November 2006 at 20:41.
JohnnyFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:37   #2054  |  Link
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Ohlo View Post
nope not working.
Ok, so this thing has a more strict activation than every other software I know of... Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Ohlo View Post
i understand the illegal use thing, but why should i buy 2 copies if i just want to use it on two machines but only on one at a time...
I agree with you somehow. But the MPEG LA is forcing you to buy two licences for two installed decoders too. So I can somehow understand if core would not allow this use. Usually you can install it anyway, as you can activate normal software more than once, but that does not imply that its legal to use it on two machines.

IMHO it shoud be legal, to have the installer on both machines and deinstall it every time you shut down your computer and install it on every start... (assuming you have just one computer running at a time)
Disabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:40   #2055  |  Link
oddball

P.S. raising a ticket on the portal site does not seem to work properly in Seamonkey but that's probably because I use Multizilla for tabbing in it and Adblock. The product type selection pops up in a new tab and the javascript fails when I click on any product. It does nothing and I am unable to select the product type in the previous tab. Better to have a drop down box for that anyhow.
Old 16th November 2006, 20:45   #2056  |  Link
Malow
In bytes we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bee View Post
-Surprisingly x264 interlaced and Elecard/Mainconcept MBAFF still don't work. I hope there will be a quick fix for this.
ow, great.. so much waiting for nothing... trial download not ready yet... so i can't even test it also... "little" disappointing...
Malow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:51   #2057  |  Link
Jay Bee

Quote:
Jay Bee... or testing shows at the very least a 1% increase but as high as 5% on some files (stick with the low-end on average)
Hehe, exactly the numbers I mentioned further up after looking at a few perfmon graphs.

Another thing: I wanted to log-in again to the page linked in the email to have a look around the new site. When I click on "Sign In" a download window of the CoreAVC exe pops up and I can't get into the site. There's a trick for me to get in though: enter a wrong password!
Jay Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 20:52   #2058  |  Link
oddball

Ridiculous. You would have thought they would beta test their registration system and website before going live.
Old 16th November 2006, 20:59   #2059  |  Link
Dregelmyller

I purchased it today but have not received any code or installer,
the whole process seems kind of complicated.

I registered a core account and it askes for a ID number.

What am i supposed to do ?
Dregelmyller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 21:02   #2060  |  Link
AmbKosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregelmyller View Post
What am i supposed to do ?
Dregelmyller: put you name on the waiting list and take you place in the queue behine oddball and me...

Tags
codec, coreavc, corecodec, coremvc, cuda, decoder, dxva, h.264, mvc, scam