Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 10th November 2008, 04:06   #201  |  Link
KenD00

It means that it doesn't know the convtable switch . Now this is strange! I just downloaded all my uploaded archives (and found out that the shell scripts aren't marked as executable inside the tar.gz archives, i just uploaded new ones) to make sure that i haven't uploaded a wrong one, but none produced that error, and i copy pasted your command line.

Are you sure that you are really using DumpHD 0.5? What happens if you just type
Code:
dumphd.sh -h
does it say DumpHD 0.5?

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 05:26   #202  |  Link
kkloster21

problem fixed. you were right, i wasn't using v0.5. there was a problem with the way i modified the script file. i feel like an idiot. sorry for troubling you KenD00.

the good news is it works great!

thanks for your help and your great work!
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 02:31   #203  |  Link
kkloster21

this may be a stupid question but what is the highest MKBv that dumpHD 0.5 can decrypt? I have a MKBv8 disc here that won't play and i'm guessing that's the issue. I was able to get a VUK from aacskeys but i don't think its decrypting and dumping properly and mplayer won't play it. the weird thing is that there doesn't seem to be any error message. it just says "Exiting... (End of file)" has anyone seen this?

Last edited by kkloster21; 12th November 2008 at 02:43.
Old 12th November 2008, 03:52   #204  |  Link
sakman

MKBv7.

No keys for v8 or v9 yet.
sakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 06:08   #205  |  Link
KenD00

DumpHD does not decrypt any MKB, it uses aacskeys for this task, so aacskeys determines the decrypting ability and this is indeed up to MKBv7 currently. So i highly doubt that aacskeys gave you a VUK for a MKBv8 disc, did you run aacskeys in verbose mode and does it really say MKBv8? If thats the case then there seems to be a bug in aacskeys or you have more processing keys than i know of .

MPlayer quits with this message because DumpHD terminated and the pipe got closed so it most probably couldn't decrypt the disc. Maybe you can see the output of DumpHD in the console but if mplayer ran too long the output may be already gone.

Old 12th November 2008, 14:26   #206  |  Link
kkloster21

here is the output from aacskeys (I have cut out potentially sensitive info):

Code:
$./aacskeys -v /media/cdrom1/
aacskeys 0.3.5 by arnezami, KenD00

MKBv:                           8
Volume ID (AACSBYPASS):         B765D9E8DEB0713718AE063D862C57DD

Volume Unique Key:              7974454FD6C00873BEBCF56C55793F21
Unit Key File Hash (Disc ID):   010E25C238FEEE6839C0025825324D57170931B4
but the disc won't play. my guess is that the VUK is incorrect.
Old 12th November 2008, 14:38   #207  |  Link
kkloster21

cancel that actually, I am able to play the MKBv8 disc! It seems like aacskeys can do MKBv8!

I can confirm though that aacskeys is not able to retrieve a key for a MKBv9 disc.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:03   #208  |  Link
evdberg

How do you use DumpHD on the Mac? When I run dumphd.sh I get the following error:
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:675)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
What is wrong or what am I doing wrong? I am no Java expert ...
evdberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 15:20   #209  |  Link
SuperGoof

I can also confirm that MKBv7 Processing Key (7A5F...) can also process MKBv8 (e.g. Indiana Jones IV) and MKBv6 (e.g. Rambo II - IV).
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 18:48   #210  |  Link
KenD00

@kkloster21, SuperGoof
These are amazing news, so actually the MKBv7 Processing Key is a MKBv6 Processing Key which hasn't been revoked until MKBv9 . That explains why Slysoft could support MKBv8 so fast and MKBv9 was released so shortly behind . Does MKBv5 exists? Maybe its even a MKBv5 Processing Key? Can someone check this out?

@evdberg
Your JRE is too old, the released binary has been compiled for JRE 1.6. To get it run you either have to update your JRE or, if you have JRE 1.5, you can recompile DumpHD with JDK 1.5, DumpHD currently doesn't use any 1.6 features.

Old 12th November 2008, 20:02   #211  |  Link
evdberg

@KenDOO,
You are right, I was running V1.5.0_16. I found a Java Preference tool, and changed the preferred version from J2SE 5.0 (32-bit) to Java SE 6 (64-bit, no 32-bits version available). That seems to do the trick, as the cmdline java command is now reporting V1.6.0_07.
evdberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 12:24   #212  |  Link
teox99

thanx to all

first of all thanks to everybody for the great job!
Consider my contribute:
You can build a new kernerl 2.6.27.4 for the UDF support and The sun-java6-bin package. (JRE) for the apps.
I had some prob trying to get the "volume unique id" with aacskeys or dumpvid.exe, so the only way was to patch the device. i've a
GGW-H20L version YL03 patched to YL05, wine can patch only in root mode downloading the dll needed from the web! the trick works perfect. Now dumphd 0.5 can do everything alone and after few minutes you have all the m2ts files on the HD! the process works with BD+ discs protected too after finding the conv_tab with BDVM-Debugger.

Ok these were the good things now the watching test results!
I tested on PC with:
CPU Core2DUO 2.66GHZ, RAM 2GB, GeForce8800 GTX, 500GB HD SataII. [Windows Wista]
Under Vista using MediaPlayer with ffdshow the m2ts stream perfect the sound sometime is bad.

Under Linux:
mplayer, ffmpeg other codecs.
CPU 3.00GHZ, RAM 2GB, GeForce8500GT 1GB VRAM HDCP HDMI(nvidia linux driver.177.82), 500GB HD. [Slackware 12.1]
CPU Core2DUO 2.66GHZ, RAM 2GB, GeForce8800 GTX linux driver, 500GB HD SataII. [Ubuntu]
With normal Bluray protection, the m2ts streaming with mplayer works only with -frame drop enabled, the cpu loads 50%/60%
otherwise without frame dropping the movie crash after few seconds "sending too many pockets..." with 90%/95% cpu load.
About Bluray with BD+ protection it seems neither frame dropping is enough, the movie is too slow and "too many packets..." crash the player.
NO other mplayer flags or -vo seems to fix the prob.
I think for:
- a not correct decrypting?
- the audio track is too heavy to sync with the HD video...
- linux need better codecs to stream optimum HD files.

I have no prob with mplayer play HD-1080p wmv or mov files.
-------
from dumpHD process:
Some m2ts files are in different main language, you have to switch the audio track.
The files sequence seems to be not correct so you have to find it to watch the movie from the begin to the end.
-------
Other questions:
I use an HDMI connection PC to SONY-kdl40w4500 TV and the sound is always processed by the PC Sound Card, why?
HDMI signal include audio isnt it?

thats all!
thanks

Last edited by teox99; 17th November 2008 at 12:27.
teox99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 14:37   #213  |  Link
kkloster21

i disagree that you need framedropping enabled to watch blu-rays on linux. also, i am able to watch BD+ movies smoothly without framedropping. I am running a quad core processor, so maybe this is the reason. however, you should try the following switch in mplayer (for your dual core system):

Code:
-lavdopts threads=2
it is possible to set the number of threads as high as 8 with this switch. also, if you want to pass the audio stream to directly to some other hardware, i think you may need to use one of the following switches:

Code:
-ac hwac3
or

Code:
-ac hwdts
although, i'm not sure this will work with an HDMI cable.

as a possible solution to your problem of too much CPU usage/choppy video, there is a new (beta) NVIDIA driver that allows GPU acceleration of VC1, H.264, MPEG-1&2, and WMV3 video. there is a thread about it here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=142801

I have two questions for you: (1) have you been able to watch any discs with TrueHD tracks on them? (2) have you been able to get subtitles from any of the discs you've played?

@mod: sorry that this is an OT post - should teox and i start a new thread?
Old 18th November 2008, 04:38   #214  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by teox99 View Post
- a not correct decrypting?
No, if you get video/audio then the decryption IS fine, otherwise you would get junk only. Quite stange that it gets noticeable worse with BD+ removal, that shouldn't need so much additional processing power.

Quote:
from dumpHD process:
Some m2ts files are in different main language, you have to switch the audio track.
If you don't specify which audio track to use mplayer uses the first one. Its up to the movie studio which language they put into the first track.

Quote:
The files sequence seems to be not correct so you have to find it to watch the movie from the begin to the end.
I assume you are using the complete disc mode here. DumpHD is a ripper, not a streaming server. In complete disc mode the files are processed in alphabetical order. If thats not suitable you have to use the --infile switch to specify which files to play in what order.

Old 18th November 2008, 09:56   #215  |  Link
teox99

Thanx! yesterday i tried another BD+ but the streaming was again too slow, i'll try out another without BD+ to confirm my prob, maybe the BD+ are used to protect new movie enhanced than normal BD?!?
Anyway i tried the new Nvidia GeForce Driver 180.06 that enables a full GPU Acceleration! NVIDIA has developed patches to ffmpeg and MPlayer to
demonstrate a video player using VDPAU: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/040279.html

The results is formidable!!! you can stream HD movie using just 2/3% of the CPU power everything is hold by the GPU.

But m2ts files is not supported on all the board yet!
"VC-1 support in NVIDIA's VDPAU implementation currently requires GeForce
9300 GS, GeForce 9200M GS, GeForce 9300M GS, or GeForce 9300M GS."

I've a 8500GT waiting the next ver!!!

------------------------------------------
Edited 19/11/2008
@KenD00: you are right about BD+

Fix some bugs with Nvidia GeForce 180.08 linux driver, fix acceleration for H.264 decoding on 8500GT

- if mplayer can't retrive automatically fps setting you can add the -fps <number> find on the backside of the BD disk, usually is 24 fps.
- if -alang is not working you can change the language track while streaming the movie with the key: #
- no fix VC1 decode yet.

Last edited by teox99; 19th November 2008 at 12:27.
teox99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 17:30   #216  |  Link
Titan79

OK.. Well I tryed to ask this in my own thread but was told to search for a different one to ask.. I have tryed to use the DumpHD that is described in this thread but it tells memy host cert has been revoked.. For some reason when I use Any DVD HD it will give me an error one some disc saying "disc is not ready"! I thought at first it was a scratch or something on the disc but even after cleaning it sometimes Any DVD will give me the error. So I thought the ONLY way to fix this issue is to have or find the CPS/Volume key for EVERY disc I have. Now. My BR drive is BRAND new. (ATAPI BDODH4O1S 2P53 SNAP_MAIN_060519) by Lite-on.. I have read and searched and read everything I can get my hands on to fix this problem with no luck.. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to overcome this host cert problem.

BTW I've even tryed Blue-ray ripper with anydvd running in back-ground.. Is it fair to say that its 100% the disc fault? ( disc dirty or scratched?)
Titan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 19:31   #217  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Actually, I told you to read up before asking. I figured since I've never used anything but AnyDVD HD I could give it a shot, too. So, I entered dumpvid into the search engine and spent the next 20 minutes reading. I found a few examples on how to use dumpvid. You go to the commandline and type

dumpvid x

where x is the drive letter of your Blu-ray drive. I also found KenD00's post where he explains how different players work differently.

Armed with that knowledge I gave it a shot myself. I have a the LG GGW-H20L drive with firmware 03 (unpatched) - and no UDF2.5 drivers installed, and the drive letter is e.

So, I installed PowerDVD8 (it's a new setup, I didn't have PowerDVD yet) and brought it up to the latest patch level (8.0.2217.50). Then I turned off the process that makes PowerDVD start automatically when you enter a disc (DVD8Serv). Then I entered the disc and started PowerDVD. Then I typed

dumpvid e

On the commandline and pressed enter. Then I saw

Code:
C:\temp>dumpvid.exe e
DumpVID 0.3 by KenD00 (adapted for bluray testing)

Drive type is recognised as CDROM/DVD.

Sending SPC1 Test Unit CDB6 command..done.
Returned good status.

Press ENTER to start hammering
So I pressed Enter and then pressed play in PowerDVD.

Then I got the following two additional lines in the commandline
Code:
vid: 62AA5F3CBD4CED5FABBEBD578D566AB0
Hammering finished.
C:\temp>
Voila.. there's your volume id. See how I didn't once say that I have read everything.. perhaps in some instances it makes sense to reference what you read, but if you have searched and read everything you could get your hands on as you claimed, then I wonder why you didn't try what I just did. You should at least have come back with the output of a dumpvid run.. and give the details I gave above in case it's not working.. so that everybody who reads your post knows exactly what you're doing.

@edit: I thought maybe it's a question of what steps are taken in what order (e.g. start hammering prior to starting PowerDVD) but so far I cannot figure out why I've only been able to get the vid of 2 out of 10 discs I tried. I'm not sure that if I don't get the vid and PowerDVD starts playing if closing the player will be enough, if it also takes a tray cycle or if I have to reboot - I'm currently trying all permutations.

Last edited by Doom9; 21st November 2008 at 19:47.
Doom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:12   #218  |  Link
Titan79

Thanks for your response.. It seems to be alot easier to understand your examples than it was for me to understand the others.. Maybe because I've been so fustrated with with this.. Thanks for the help and not making me feel to bad about asking!

OK now I feel stupid.. I had the dumpvid.exe in the wrong place the whole time! Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Titan79; 21st November 2008 at 20:26.
Titan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:40   #219  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

By the way, the next step is aacskeys..
Download, unpack and I figured it might be a good idea to add all the .txt files to the aacskeys.exe directory just in case. Then you open another commandline and type
Code:
C:\temp>aacskeys e 62AA5F3CBD4CED5FABBEBD578D566AB0
aacskeys 0.3.5 by arnezami, KenD00

Volume Unique Key:              0D079748168A86154873EE2BAC825A4F
Unit Key File Hash (Disc ID):   95D01A7D31EB7754EE85531124BE3E05FC202C31
Where e is once again the drive letter, and you see that I put the VID I got from DumpVid as additional parameter.

Note that the first time I ran it, aacskeys told me it couldn't open a file.. then again the file it specified was not accessible from windows explorer either - so I knew I needed the UDF 2.50 drivers now, and a reboot.

The next step is DumpHD. It is a java app so install the latest java runtime, then you can just double click on DumpHD.jar. Once you select your drive you'll get a bunch of error messages - the most important being
Code:
The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.
So, aacskeys integration failed but that's why we just used DumpVid and aacskey manually to get the required info. Now you just need to put the data into the KEYDB.cfg file - open the file with Notepad and it tells you how an entry should look like. If you don't get that error but

Code:
Loading aacskeys library... FAILED
no aacskeys in java.library.path
Direct key retrieval disabled, only keys from the database will be used
then you were being lazy and skipped reading the readme.. it says it needs an aacskeys library.. and where would that lib be? probably the lib directory in the aacskeys folder which contains one library file (aacskeys.dll)

The two values aacskeys returns are all we need to write a correct line for KEYDB.CFG:

Code:
95D01A7D31EB7754EE85531124BE3E05FC202C31 = 	| D | 0000-00-00 | V | 0D079748168A86154873EE2BAC825A4F
So..the DiscID from aacskeys goes first, then = and then the name of the disc (seems you can leave it out though), and the last element is the VUK.
Now if you start DumpHD and select your Blu-ray drive (e in my case), and click open, after a few seconds you'll see something like:

Code:
Initializing source... 
Disc type found: Blu-Ray BDMV
Collecting input files...
Source initialized
Identifying disc... OK
DiscID : 95D01A7D31EB7754EE85531124BE3E05FC202C31
Searching disc in key database...
Disc found in key database
So.. DumpHD found your shiny new key and is ready to decrypt.

So that's all there is to it - except maybe figuring out why the hammering seems to have very limited success on my box.

So I figured I put maybe 40 minutes to an hour into this.. seems a reasonable amount of effort if you ask me - and of course writing down helps since you're forced to rethink all your steps.

@edit: after playing with the timing parameter in dumpvid, I seem to be having more success in recovering vids..
dumpvid 10 e
seems to work better than the default, however in my 10 test discs I still had one where I had to do the whole process (cycle tray and restart powerdvd) 4 times until I finally had a vid. I guess I finally understand why people keep posting keys. If you have a drive that can be patched then you don't even need processing keys, but if you need to run dumpvid, it's a pain in the ass.

@edit2: if you have an XBox360 HD DVD drive or one of the drives for which there is a VolumeID patch, then dumpvid is optional as aacskeys can automatically recover the volume id from those drives. If you run aacskeys as follows:
Code:
aacskeys -v x
where x: is the drive letter for your Blu-ray disc drive, then you'll get a longer output which contains something like this:

Code:
Volume ID (AACSBYPASS):         09C233A123B5E42D9A10416F817E1081

Volume Unique Key:              27A7C84BFA58125F90576E45BCF02324
Unit Key File Hash (Disc ID):   D6805625914BF194A54335C6BD3748CBF7494043
So, the first line is your volume ID.

Also note that if you're on Linux, the instructions are the same but instead of the drive letter you'd use the mount path (e.g. /mount/cdrom or wherever your Linux flavor mounts your BD drive... depending on the distribution you're using the path might change from disc to disc as certain distros use the disc's name as part of the mounth path... in Ubuntu, you might want to right click on the desktop link that's automatically put on your desktop when a disc is being mounted and look at the properties to see the mount path).

Last edited by Doom9; 24th December 2008 at 13:36.
Doom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 21:41   #220  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
dumpvid 10 e
seems to work better than the default, however in my 10 test discs I still had one where I had to do the whole process (cycle tray and restart powerdvd) 4 times until I finally had a vid.
Timing is the problem in the whole process, there is only a short window in which the validated communication channel to the drive is open. Cycling the tray and restarting PowerDVD shouldn't be necassary but timing is crucial. PowerDVD does not process every disc in the same time, sometimes it needs longer to read it, sometimes not, so it may be necessary to adjust the delay from disc to disc even.

Quote:
If you have a drive that can be patched then you don't even need processing keys
Nope, thats not correct. Without a processing key you can't decrypt the MKB on the disc.

Quote:
but if you need to run dumpvid, it's a pain in the ass.
Yeah, too bad no one has found a new Host Certificate yet .

And thanks for the nice tutorial .