Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th December 2016, 14:31   #1  |  Link
UTF16

Media Player Classic video stutter

I’ve been experiencing an unexplicable and random video stutter in many video applications. It all started several years ago when I installed a new monitor for my PC, making it dual screen.

As far as I can tell, all applications produce this annoyance: they start showing a 30 fps video in a 15 fps rate. Audio remains synchronised. For some reason it happens very rarely in VLC and UMPlayer, but every 10 seconds in Media Player Classic, no matter which rendering method I choose (with one single exception). To correct the issue (until the next itteration), I have to simply change the Media player classic window size.

The one and only way I can watch videos on my PC is using Media Player Classic with madVR, only full screen and only when the option "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode". Disabling dual-monitor mode has not effect.

Neither online videos (HTML4/flash etc.), nor video games are affected by this.

During all those years I reinstalled Windows several times. Currently I have Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. Windows 10 64-bit produced the exact same problem.

I have 12 GB of RAM
My video card is AMD Radeon HD 5700.
My CPU is AMD FX(tm)-8350 8-core

Any suggestion where I should starting looking would be extremely appreciated.

Last edited by UTF16; 9th December 2016 at 14:41.
UTF16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 10:26   #2  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

this happened to me to and i fixed after clean driver install with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
and and this only when i do this is in madvr :
use Direct3D 11 for presentation Enabled
or
dithering option Enabled
Old 11th December 2016, 11:20   #3  |  Link
UTF16

Thanks a lot for the tip. Disabling "Direct3D 11 for presentation" seems to have fixed this problem, but now, when minimized and then maximized or dragged to the other screen, the player will stop a high resolution video and no longer play it unless the file is reloaded.

This is a very minor and insignificant annoyance though.
UTF16 is offline   Reply With Quote