Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 1st May 2006, 14:06   #21  |  Link
Drachir
Teetrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Could any of this affect how the VOBsub text output layers are displayed?
No, don't think so.
Old 1st May 2006, 16:34   #22  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Okay boys and girls....

Over on my other PC (a £299.00 DELL with crummy on-board Intel graphics but 19" LCD monitor) I installed Haali/Matroska Splitter (Dated: 25-02-2006).

Using Media Player Classic with VMR7 Renderless and with the internal MP4 source filter disabled... When I play the YAMB re-mux, I now see perfect looking and coloured subtitles, identical to the Recode2 source

I suspect Gabest's MP4 source filter requires a little tweak...

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 1st May 2006 at 17:22.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 17:21   #23  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hmmm!

Just tried playing the "YAMB re-mux" with the newest version of ShowTime 2 Player... and was unable to select the subtitles at all
Old 1st May 2006, 17:48   #24  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

I've yet to see any subtitles of any kind using the special build of mp4box and yamb. I get no error when muxing the stream in, but I see nothing when played back using mplayerclassic or vlc.

You guys doing anything special?
chipzoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 21:31   #25  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipzoller
You guys doing anything special?
depends...what kind of streams did you add with your subtitles ?

@SMD : you remux the vobsub file (embedded in mp4) with other streams or you mux directly each streams (i.e avc/aac/idx) ?
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 22:07   #26  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13
SMD : you remux the vobsub file (embedded in mp4) with other streams or you mux directly each streams (i.e avc/aac/idx) ?
With the video, I mux the MPEG-4 AVC or SP/ASP streams either RAW or in .MP4.
With the audio, I mux the AAC streams either as .AAC or in .MP4
And with the VOBsubs, as you say, they are de-muxed with YAMB and stored within .MP4
Old 1st May 2006, 23:29   #27  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

I was just testing the functionality by muxing vobstream with just the video. Doesn't seem to work on my end.
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:12   #28  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Well after doing some tests with the special build of mp4box/yamb, I've found (VSfilter is not installed on vobsub) that the resulting file (only muxed vobsubs in later to a video/audio stream mp4) only plays with subs (they're green) in nero showtime and not MPC, VLC or with haali splitter (even though it does recognize there are subs present).

Any ideas?
Old 3rd May 2006, 07:29   #29  |  Link
cera
Falco

Quote:
Well after doing some tests with the special build of mp4box/yamb, I've found (VSfilter is not installed on vobsub) that the resulting file (only muxed vobsubs in later to a video/audio stream mp4) only plays with subs (they're green) in nero showtime and not MPC, VLC or with haali splitter (even though it does recognize there are subs present).

Any ideas?
What vobsub files do you use? Are they originals ripped from DVD or generated? I tried some streams generated from txt2vobsub and no subtitles were displayed, maybe a bug in this program. With original subpictures ripped from DVD I have any problems.
As for green subpictures I see that the problem is in palette stored in .idx file and I also found one bug in Gabest MP4 splitter (for more information please go to: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...01&atid=571740)

Falco
cera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:12   #30  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Hey Falco,

Glad to see you here...

Problem is : I've also the green sub renderer with Nero Showtime (v 3.0.0.3). Subs come from the DVD.
Old 3rd May 2006, 14:31   #31  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

I get green subs also in Nero regardless of the palette in the idx file. I've not tried text->vobsubs...mine are from the DVD.
Old 3rd May 2006, 14:51   #32  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

So far all my subtitle experiments have been with re-using the original Recode2 VOBsubs...

But like I mentioned before, the VOBsubs don't appear in Media Player Classic (using the internal MP4 source filter).

On my other PC which currently only has latest version of Nero 7 installed, Showtime 2 player with not display the subs either. It knows they are there because it lists them under properties but will not lock onto them after being selected
Old 3rd May 2006, 21:58   #33  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

I just did a test on one subtitle stream where the subs did not appear green but retained the original formatting. They play back fine if I set Haali's splitter to autoload VSFilter.

I'll upload if interested...
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:11   #34  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
I just did a test on one subtitle stream where the subs did not appear green but retained the original formatting. They play back fine if I set Haali's splitter to autoload VSFilter.
Yep.. it was the same for me too - See post #22
Old 3rd May 2006, 23:14   #35  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Are the developers planning on fine-tuning vobsubtitle support in MP4, or is this the extent of it?
Old 4th May 2006, 13:18   #36  |  Link
cera
Falco

Quote:
Hey Falco,

Glad to see you here...

Problem is : I've also the green sub renderer with Nero Showtime (v 3.0.0.3). Subs come from the DVD.
Hi all,
I found a color conversion bug in my mp4box patch. I sent the updated patch to sourceforge and built a new version of mp4box. You can download it:

http://www.cera.cz/gpac/mp4box-20060504.zip

Regards
Falco
Old 4th May 2006, 14:14   #37  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Indeed...Now, it works like a charm with the last Nero ShowTime and the MP4 Splitter from Gabest. Good job Falco.

There is still an issue with Haali Splitter though. (subs are rendered in black for me)
Old 4th May 2006, 14:59   #38  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Yeah, Haali displays mine as a light blue (original yellow) but internal w/ mpc and nero showtime display correctly. Gabest's splitter seems to work fine.

For some reason VLC not only displays them larger, but a different color and aligned incorrectly on the screen.

Last edited by chipzoller; 4th May 2006 at 15:25.
Old 4th May 2006, 15:30   #39  |  Link
cera
Falco

Quote:
Indeed...Now, it works like a charm with the last Nero ShowTime and the MP4 Splitter from Gabest. Good job Falco.

There is still an issue with Haali Splitter though. (subs are rendered in black for me)
This is problem because Haali Splitter is not opensource and I cannot look for this issue.

What's currently missing is exporting tracks from MP4. But now I'm working on it.

Falco
Old 4th May 2006, 15:32   #40  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Falco,

Would we eventually be able to demux the subtitle stream (assuming vobsub format) back into a vobsub format that still has the original formatting/layout?