Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 3rd December 2003, 18:58   #1  |  Link
DVD

DVDtoOgm 1.41 beta & 1.41.1 beta - Release

Update:

To Download DVDtoOgm 1.41 beta und DVDtoOgm 1.41.1 beta please go to http://DVDtoOgm.DivX-Digest.com.
For more Information search on the second Page of this Thread.

Old News:

Welcome, here is a list of changes. You'll find a full log in the DVDtoOgm Installer.

Quote:
[Release 1.40 beta] [29.11.2003]

[Bugfix]

- Many little things were fixed

[Added]

- DivX 5.03 or higher: Multipass encoding
- 3ivX Video Codec Support
- Splits the movie after encoding
- Compressibility Check for DivX & XviD
- Required tools can be chosen now
- Autosearch for all needed tools
- Multi Audio encoding and muxing
- Forced Subs through AviSynth Script
- Internal Xvid Encoding for Credits
- Codec assistent for easy Codec setup
- Better Ogg Media Overhead
- Audioprofiles for full BeSweet CL
- Cleans up the directory after Encoding
- Crop-Steps and Smart Crop All
- Some other little things
I thank everybody who helped me: Dreamer 2002, Balm, Selur, UncasMS, Cyrius, LenOx and ajf and many more... Tanks!

You can get DVDtoOgm 1.40 beta at http://DVDtoOgm.DivX-Digest.com.

Much Fun! Regards, DVD

CU DVD

Last edited by DVD; 5th March 2004 at 12:31.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 15:20   #2  |  Link
DVD

Sorry, we have some problems with our Page...

It will take us some time to update it, but a download ist available at

http://dvdtoogm.divx-digest.com.

CU DVD
Old 5th December 2003, 02:36   #3  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

@DVD,

I just download your proggie, and the GUI is GREAT!

I saw the window title says : "Matroska Edition",
is your latest 1.40 support .mkv output ? or just an .ogm ?

Thank you.
ookzDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2003, 18:59   #4  |  Link
DVD

Also Matroska Output... But its not perfect yet... I'm working on it...

CU DVD
Old 9th December 2003, 07:25   #5  |  Link
cjaar

@dvd..

this looks good... test few clips and hv noticed the following!!

1. the fps is not read properly from the d2v file, hv to manually set the fps... but it wrks fine for pal stuff, it updates automatically..
this was also seen in older version.

2. preview tabs dosent wrks, i think when preview tab is pressed, i get the following err in the MPC " coudnt open preview.avs, which is actally located in the dv2ogm dir, mpc shows other dir. However when the WMP is selected for preview, it wrks fine!!!!! dont know why MPC looks in other dir???

3. Autocorp corps 2much from right side... well manuall corps wrks fine!!!

mkv radio button is grayed out !!!!

minor suggestion: can the compressiability and the file size info brought under one tab??... hv to switch betwen tabs to get the right info!!!

has any1 noticed the above problems ??

i like the GUI!!!

keepup the good wrk.

cheers
cjaar
cjaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2003, 12:51   #6  |  Link
Josip Tosic

If I don't set not all tools I get a warning. I don't use SubRip so...

In MP3 bitrate calculation, there are no 64, 56, 48, 40, 32, 24, 20 and 18 kbps settings.

No registry setting for calculate bitrate file/size radio button setting.

Also, output audio selection - OGG/MP3/mux - is not saved in registry either.

I cannot set the delay for OGG and MP3 muxing.

A bunch of system strings are in German - compiler sticks 'em in the EXE - "Yes" and "No," for one but a lot of system errors as well.

Cannot get it to process audio that I added in "Audio" tab. It says "No Audio processing!" and continues to video processing.

You could add MPEG-1 extension to "Add files..." dialogue as DVD2AVI supports 'em.

"Telecide().Decimate(5)" decimate line doesn't work anymore as you need to set a parameter for telecide - 0 or 1 - in the latest release of Decomb.

You could add AVI support - VirtualDubMod has it so it's only a matter of changing a line in VirtualDubMod's script. And changing overhead calculation a bit.

Please mux audio on the last pass instead of creating another huge, intermediate AVI file that gets muxed with audio to create the final file.

"Preview.avs" script is created in DVDtoOGM's directory and is not deleted.

Josip Tosic - The Learned, Impartial and Very Relaxed
Josip Tosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2003, 07:13   #7  |  Link
cjaar

tweak option

@DVD,

a small request, can u add the tweak(colour option) as available in autorv9?? that would be handy!!...

Add job button in the queue could be useful to add saved avs for encoding..

cheers
cjaar
Old 15th December 2003, 16:54   #8  |  Link
DVD

Ok, I'm a bit on late with my answers, but here they are:

@ cjaar:

Framerate: Oh, seems that I have to get a NTSC DVD and check this... thank you for mentioning... My DVDs are PAL...

Well, I found out, that it only seems to work with zoomplayer and WMP (This two i tested). I'll think about how I can get rid of this...

AutoCrop works fine on my pc... you used "crop the picture"? Check the Crop-steps, maybe they effect this... It would be nice to know how much is to much

The MKV Button ist only for the overhead. You can assign a MKV, but the calculation is only for ogm... but I will fix that some time.

What is "tweak(colour option)"? Is this a AVISynth Filter or Command? If yes, than add it youself. Otherwise you need to tell me what it is

You can open a AVS in the Bitrate Tab with "LOAD" then you can encode it, like a normal AVS script...

@ Josip Tosic:

Well, yes I should not warn for SubRip. Just for BeSweet, VirtualDubMod and DVD2AVI..

This low bitrate causes bad mp3 files. Also I would use Ogg for this... (which still causes bad results on too slow bitrates)

Yes, the checkboxes seems not to be saved. I'll fix that in the next release, because it isn't a too heavy buck...

Actually the Delay shoulb be read from the Filename of you File... Name it "DELAY -xxms" an it should work...

Yes, found out this... Still searching a solution for this. I want the errors to be in english. Did you got any german error with 1.40 beta? Which?

Have you read the Guide in the Guide-tab for you Audio-Problems?

I'll add mpeg-1 to the supported fils...

"Telecide().Decimate(5)" is working with the DLL included in the Installer. If you want to update the DLL you need to set a "Custom-AviSynth-Filter in DVDtoOgm and change the function... See the Guide for more information about custom-filters...

For AVI use GordianKnot. AVI is old and it supports to less features... The name of my tool is DVDtoOgm so its mainly supporting Ogm...

I thought about muxing the audio in the last encoding pass. Wait for this until the next release...

"Preview.avs" isn't deleted. Right! But is this a problem???

Thank you for you interest...

King regards! DVD

CU DVD
Old 16th December 2003, 05:03   #9  |  Link
cjaar

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DVD
[B]Ok, I'm a bit on late with my answers, but here they are:

@ cjaar:

Framerate: Oh, seems that I have to get a NTSC DVD and check this... thank you for mentioning... My DVDs are PAL...

----> u can use ftp seach engine to find some small clips of ntsc, may be dolby digital/thx trailers will do for testing!!!

AutoCrop works fine on my pc... you used "crop the picture"? Check the Crop-steps, maybe they effect this... It would be nice to know how much is to much

--> i changed corp-stesps to 2 and now the corp function wrks fine

What is "tweak(colour option)"? Is this a AVISynth Filter or Command? If yes, than add it youself. Otherwise you need to tell me what it is

--> yes this is avisynth filter cmd, use to tweak contrast, hue, sat and brightness of the video. If u hv used Autorv9, where we can adjust(in GUI) the
colour settings and see the same in the preview window and if not ok can reset it back. I can add the same fuction in the customs filter, but a small gui similar to autorv9 could be fine. If this requires 2much coding.. drop it.. currently iam using in customs filter

You can open a AVS in the Bitrate Tab with "LOAD" then you can encode it, like a normal AVS script...

--> i didnt knew this i will try!!

If i change the dvd2avi to the latest one used in GK, i get err, for invalid d2v file, ofcourse i hv changed the mpeg2dec to the one used in latest GK!!!

how about latest xvid support???

cheers
cjaar
Old 16th December 2003, 21:26   #10  |  Link
DVD

Sorry, but DVDtoOgm is still working with DVD2AVI 1.76 and 1.76-Projects. But I have a Idea how to change this...

You also can use DVD2AVIdg 1.77.3 and save the projects as 1.76. This should work... You also have the option of dts demuxing there. You also can rename the DVD2AVIdg.exe to DVD2AVI.exe and copy it into the DVDtoOgm-Folder. You can use the DVDtoOgm GUI for creating your Projects, but DTS demuxing isn't possible this way...

CU DVD
Old 17th December 2003, 11:45   #11  |  Link
cjaar

@DVD,

some sugestion:

1. In Audio tab, if we miss to add audio to the final out, a warning
message of audio not beeing processed would be userfriendly.

2. In the log file displaying fps for each pass would be handy, though
i can see that info form virtual dub during encoding only!!

support of avi is a not a must, but would be useful if supported.

any hopes of supporting aac ???

cheers
cjaar
Old 17th December 2003, 14:30   #12  |  Link
DVD

Well, I'm thinking of some little changes in the Audiotab... Maybe your Idea will find its way in there, too.

I also thought about a Speedline in the Log-File... This should be done easily... I will collect some minor changes and ideas and Release a 1.40.1 Bug-Fix.

Avi will never find its way in... Its to old and not well-featured enought. You night to use another tool... But way stay on AVI?

AAC will probably not make its way in DVDtoOgm because Ogm isn't working with this, as I could remember...

You only will find it for the Matroska-File creatation soon...

CU DVD
Old 18th December 2003, 07:57   #13  |  Link
Stux

I believe AAC in OGM works when you create the OGM by splitting the AAC with our MP4 splitter ie

m4a->3ivx D4 Media Splitter->OGM Muxer->ogm
Old 20th December 2003, 23:41   #14  |  Link
Josip Tosic

Quote:
Originally posted by DVD
This low bitrate causes bad mp3 files. Also I would use Ogg for this... (which still causes bad results on too slow bitrates)
Right, but I encode mono from time to time and there's no need for >64 kbps for mono streams. Waste not, want not.
Quote:
Actually the Delay shoulb be read from the Filename of you File... Name it "DELAY -xxms" an it should work...
I see. Auto detect is nice but there should be an option to change it or enter it manually as well.
Quote:
Yes, found out this... Still searching a solution for this. I want the errors to be in english. Did you got any german error with 1.40 beta? Which?
I get:
Quote:
"ist kein gültiger Integerwert
when I try to add an audio stream process. "Add" button is grayed out 'till I switch to AC-3 mux and back. Then I get that error when I hit "Add" button.

I downloaded EXE only release so that might be what's causing this strange behavior. I'll try downloading the full installer...

Old 24th December 2003, 12:52   #15  |  Link
cjaar

autosplit problem!!!!

Did a small test on spliting:

OGM
test clip 2:40sec
targeted size 12mb(with audio ogg)
split @ 6mb
Actual size 11.9mb(12,577,427 bytes)
the output hd 3 file
tnd00=5.83mb((6,114,462 bytes)
tnd01=5.98 MB (6,276,050 bytes)
tnd02=187 KB (192,218 bytes)

MKV: was fine
Target file size 12mb
split @ 6mb
Actual size:11.9 MB (12,509,743 bytes)
tnd00:5.96 MB (6,255,052 bytes)
tnd01:5.96 MB (6,260,191 bytes)

looks like the problem in spliting with ogm!!!
has any1 encountered this???

thx
chaar

Sugestion:
the compressablity %(test result) number displayed is not dynamic, in the sence that, if resolution is changed, the % value doesnt changes!!! should change if res is changed!!
Old 26th December 2003, 01:28   #16  |  Link
DVD

Well, we can't say its a split problem...

You Split Size is too small... Autosplit cuts on Keyframes... This always causes Problems at about 1 MB. For 700 MB this works quite well, but 6 MB is too small. The difference of Matroska may be a reason of the different overhead...

CU DVD
Old 2nd January 2004, 20:23   #17  |  Link
Josip Tosic

When I load DVDtoOGM, go to "Bitrate" tab and change the movie duration, audio size is not updated. I have to change audio bitrate/size settings to update it. So, you should recalculate audio on duration change.

Also, instead of up/down arrows on "Final file size" you should put a drop-down with 74/80/90/100 min CD sizes in MB. If anyone wants to fine tune the numbers there's always "Total file size."

If the audio file doesn't have the "long" name that DVD Decrypter creates I cannot add the audio processing to the queue. That's what caused that problem I reported earlier. The delay couldn't be auto-detected. It would be nice if the delay could be entered manually as well.

Old 5th January 2004, 04:11   #18  |  Link
cjaar

@DVD..

1. any plans 2 support of (loading) avi(TV captures)???

2. In video tab related to compressablility, displaying Bits/Pix*frames field would be user freindly

3. Can the audio bit rate be locked between Bitrate and audio tab, changing in bitrate should also reflect in audio tab... so user will not set different settings in both tabs..(I did this, 56k in bit rate and 64 in audio tab, ofcourse recalculate bitrate if need, helped me to hit the target.)

4. Ogg quality profile -1 (32kbps) can also be added..

waiting for .1 buf-fix

####edited

Problem ???

In the video tab, input aspect ratio, if i select other AR and enter 2.35, the Height value doent changes... it will reflect the previous value, i.e i select 16:9(Height changes), then 4.3(height changes) and then other AR with 2.35, the Height value doent changes, it hs the 4.3 height.
(Just to cross verify, i checked the same in GK, the height changes
accroding to the Ar selection

I hv noticed that after a compress check, dvd2ogm doesn't relases the system RAM!!!!!(i checked that GK does realease the system ram immediately after compress check).... am the only one hving this prob???
sys: p4, winxp sp1.

Somehow the postgian values are not retained when the final movie is muxed with Ogg audio!!!!. When i play the ogm file, the vorbis decoder property shows that the gian is 0dbm, in fact playing only the audio file show +10 dbm. Hv to remux the audio to see the proper gain and ofcourse the loudness...

any clues

cheers
cjaar

Last edited by cjaar; 12th January 2004 at 05:40.
Old 14th January 2004, 14:26   #19  |  Link
DVD

Quote:
Originally posted by Josip Tosic
When I load DVDtoOGM, go to "Bitrate" tab and change the movie duration, audio size is not updated. I have to change audio bitrate/size settings to update it. So, you should recalculate audio on duration change.

Also, instead of up/down arrows on "Final file size" you should put a drop-down with 74/80/90/100 min CD sizes in MB. If anyone wants to fine tune the numbers there's always "Total file size."

If the audio file doesn't have the "long" name that DVD Decrypter creates I cannot add the audio processing to the queue. That's what caused that problem I reported earlier. The delay couldn't be auto-detected. It would be nice if the delay could be entered manually as well.
1.) I noticed this Audio-Problem to an I fixed it... The Bugfix will be available hopefully quite soon.

2.) Don't think this is so important the time you need to choose or just enter the CD size won't be so different... Also we can say that many people always use the same CD size.

3.)I will fix the DELAY Problem... You can enter the delay youself next time...

Quote:
Originally posted by Josip Tosic
1. any plans 2 support of (loading) avi(TV captures)???

2. In video tab related to compressablility, displaying Bits/Pix*frames field would be user freindly

3. Can the audio bit rate be locked between Bitrate and audio tab, changing in bitrate should also reflect in audio tab... so user will not set different settings in both tabs..(I did this, 56k in bit rate and 64 in audio tab, ofcourse recalculate bitrate if need, helped me to hit the target.)

4. Ogg quality profile -1 (32kbps) can also be added..

waiting for .1 buf-fix

####edited

Problem ???

In the video tab, input aspect ratio, if i select other AR and enter 2.35, the Height value doent changes... it will reflect the previous value, i.e i select 16:9(Height changes), then 4.3(height changes) and then other AR with 2.35, the Height value doent changes, it hs the 4.3 height.
(Just to cross verify, i checked the same in GK, the height changes
accroding to the Ar selection

I hv noticed that after a compress check, dvd2ogm doesn't relases the system RAM!!!!!(i checked that GK does realease the system ram immediately after compress check).... am the only one hving this prob???
sys: p4, winxp sp1.

Somehow the postgian values are not retained when the final movie is muxed with Ogg audio!!!!. When i play the ogm file, the vorbis decoder property shows that the gian is 0dbm, in fact playing only the audio file show +10 dbm. Hv to remux the audio to see the proper gain and ofcourse the loudness...
1.) Support of avi input will not be available soon, but its on my list...

2.) what do you mean by this... Sorry

3.) Done... The Calculated Audio-Quality will be used for Video-Tab, if you use the same order...

Problem:
Yes, the values are not updated properly. I'm on it, but i need some time for this, because fixing this is not so easy...

RAM: Well, I'm not sure if this is a DVDtoOgm Problem... It might also be a problem of Windows an VirtualDubMod... The only strange thing is that it works with GKnot, but i will test this...

You Audioproblem is a VirtualDubMod Problem... I talked about this with Cyrius. Maybe its fixed with the latest VirtualDubMod release... I'll check. If not, I'll contact him again...

Bye DVD

CU DVD
Old 16th January 2004, 04:05   #20  |  Link
cjaar

@DVD

2.) what do you mean by this... Sorry

what i meant was the under the video tab -> Info, adding Bits/pix*frams field would help the user to judge the resolution of the picture w.r.t compressability(as doom9 suggest 1cd 0.2 and 2 cd around 0.27 in his guide).
Check GK u will get the idea..

Hope am clear now

thx
cjaar