Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th March 2006, 09:24   #141  |  Link
NobodyHome

Is it possible to use any of these tools to take audio from a DVD-Audio disk and put it into a format that can be played on a regular CD player?
NobodyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 05:08   #142  |  Link
calinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHome
Is it possible to use any of these tools to take audio from a DVD-Audio disk and put it into a format that can be played on a regular CD player?
Sure--you just have to resample the wav files to 44.1kHz and burn a CD. Most DVD-A discs contain tracks that play on conventional DVD video players too.
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 14:57   #143  |  Link
frank
Banned

Vive la France!
http://lexiqueduson.superforum.fr/ft...-DVD-Audio.htm
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 19:16   #144  |  Link
kinjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinb
Sure--you just have to resample the wav files to 44.1kHz and burn a CD. Most DVD-A discs contain tracks that play on conventional DVD video players too.
Yep just managed to backup my matellica Black DVD audio. One non DVD players it plays fine. On DVD audio players it stops after 30 seconds. My play Linn unidisc checks for watermarking.

I have found though even if you rip the Wavs from DVD ripper tool you can play these wavs using Jet audio a 500mb+ wav will work fine. Windows media player 9.0 does not support this type of file.
kinjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 05:08   #145  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

Well I'm exhuming the proverbial dead horse from its grave. Where can these programs be found nowadays that they're not on rarewares or any p2p that I can find?? I've got a nice DVD-A of The Grateful Dead - American Beauty that I would like to convert to

A) 5.1 24/96 FLAC for my PC and Sennheiser HD580 cans
B) 2.0 16/44 ALAC for my iPod!

If anyone has a recent copy of these hard to find apps, point me in their direction? Thanks!
~MiSfit
Old 18th January 2007, 05:54   #146  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

Got it working. Love it! Thanks all!
Old 1st March 2007, 23:21   #147  |  Link
gfxnow

Is this method still working? I have recently seen a lot of DVD-A on forums and some torrents, does anyone know if there's a new way to rip DVD-Audio or what?
gfxnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 01:01   #148  |  Link
abcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxnow View Post
Is this method still working? I have recently seen a lot of DVD-A on forums and some torrents, does anyone know if there's a new way to rip DVD-Audio or what?
Yes, this method is still working.

Last edited by abcx; 2nd March 2007 at 20:53.
abcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 05:37   #149  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@gfxnow - I might remind you that we provide no help to people with torrents. I know your post said nothing about you doing this, but just be a bit careful about it. See rule 6.

And, welcome to doom9!

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 17:09   #150  |  Link
AK_RAGE

I am curious if the people who have ripped DVD-Audio disks using this method are using a Creative Audigy sound card for playback.

I know that the unripped encrypted, watermarked DVD-Audio disks do require the Audigy to play. But is it possible to rip and playback unencrypted copies using a different sound card?

I just bought a new Onkyo SE-200 sound card and don't want to "upgrade." : p

I am trying to figure out if ripping the DVD-Audio will allow me to play it (the card will support 24bit/192Khz 2 channel and 24/96 7.1 channel).

Cheers!
akrage
AK_RAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 05:25   #151  |  Link
gfxnow

currently there's no way of removing digital watermarks... or maybe i am missing out on something.
gfxnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 22:19   #152  |  Link
abcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxnow View Post
currently there's no way of removing digital watermarks... or maybe i am missing out on something.
Correct. Right now, watermarks can't be removed.
abcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 08:34   #153  |  Link
tjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_RAGE View Post
I know that the unripped encrypted, watermarked DVD-Audio disks do require the Audigy to play. But is it possible to rip and playback unencrypted copies using a different sound card?
You can rip the music files to wav files and play them in music player. That's what I did with all my DVD-A discs. I compressed them to WMA lossless and play them in Foobar2000. It is not an easy process though.

Tomas
tjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 16:50   #154  |  Link
AK_RAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjf View Post
You can rip the music files to wav files and play them in music player. That's what I did with all my DVD-A discs. I compressed them to WMA lossless and play them in Foobar2000. It is not an easy process though.
Well its reassuring that at least that approach is possible.

What I was really wondering though is would WinDVD or PowerDVD play watermarked but unencrypted DVD-Audio disks (i.e. ripped to remove the encryption) through a sound card other then the Audigy. Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers!
akrage
AK_RAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 14:10   #155  |  Link
hazard500

Help with backing up

Hi - I have just got a copy of the DVD-A tools but am having trouble getting them to run.

DVD-A explorer appears to work OK - I can see the file structure on my DVD-A disc - "Harvest" by Neil Y.
DVD-A Ripper is located in directory "c:\program files\dvda stuff\dvdaripper.
WINDVD7 is installed and working OK - it plays DVD-A layer of my disc.

If I follow instructions and type "DVDARipper d:\audio_ts e:\harvest" I get the following error message:
"Windows cannot find 'DVDARipper'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly..."

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I get similar message when I try to use PCCM ripper.

BTW - I rid on the thread about DVDA discs which are merely upsamples of 48kHz recordings - this sucks. Has anyone analysed "harvest"?? Is it for real hi-res or an upsample?

Thanks for assistance and guidance.
hazard500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 15:29   #156  |  Link
diogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard500 View Post
If I follow instructions and type "DVDARipper d:\audio_ts e:\harvest" I get the following error message:
"Windows cannot find 'DVDARipper'...
Run this from within "c:\program files\dvda stuff\dvdaripper"

Diogen.
diogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 06:11   #157  |  Link
hazard500

Double Speed playback of WAV files

OK, thanks, I've got it now, PPCM Ripper is working ... sort of. I am backing up wav files to my hard drive, but when I play them in foobar (have tried other software as well) they play at twice normal speed. Sound Forge still shows tham as 192k, 24 bit files but has same problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Hazard
Old 16th May 2007, 12:51   #158  |  Link
hazard500

Can U Rip at 192000kHz

I've thought more about the problem described in my previous post. I have checked WinDVD and, when it fires up, it clearly states that it handles, among other formats, "PCM 92k/24bit". So, I am not surprised that I cannot get 192k playback to work.
Is it possible to use PPCM Ripper to get files at 192k? Does the soundcard make any difference? I am using on-board soundcard which is only good for 96khz, but i have read that PPCM ripper intercepts the signal before it gets to the soundcard so this should not make any differece.
has anybody succeeded in ripping 192k wav files?
Thanks, hazard
Old 24th December 2007, 08:14   #159  |  Link
gp2221

I haven't been able to get WinDVD7 to play the DVD-Audio layer of my disc. Subsequently, I can't get PPCMRipper to save .wav files of anything. When I mount a DVD which has both the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, I can only navigate the VIDEO_TS menus.

I've checked the box labeled "Enable DVD-Audio Navigation" in the Preference page of the Setup dialog box. I've also made sure the default audio device is set to 5.1 surround sound speakers in my control panel. Is there anything else I need to do?

Is this dependent on having a specific soundcard? I have an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 24/96 2 channel soundcard. That still should not prohibit WinDVD from recognizing the DVD-Audio layer.
gp2221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2007, 11:02   #160  |  Link
calinb

I don't know about WinDVD 7 but, as I recall, the first version of WinDVD that supported DVD-Audio (was it WinDVD 5 "Gold"?) only supported the Creative Labs soundcards that supported DVD-Audio themselves. (The Audigy cards where Creative Labs supplied a DVD-A software player with the soundcard.)
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote