Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 10th June 2010, 02:18   #1561  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

Hi Neuron2!

Congrats on getting that badass 980x CPU It will make whatever you had before seem like a toy!

I'm also very excited by the prospect of DGIndexNV x64. The folks currently deep in AviSynth x64 development will be delighted to add your tools to their arsenal. I think you'll find things in good shape, as many plugins have been ported over, and many see large performance increases (especially MVTools).

If only I didn't have to deal with ProRes, then I could live in a pure x64 environment for all my encoding needs...

Derek
Old 10th June 2010, 06:36   #1562  |  Link
SideStream84

Quality issue with deinterlacing on 9800 series?

I've noticed a quality issue when using the nvidia deinterlacer and have done some troubleshooting / investigating. At first I thought it was a 64bit issue since it was happening in XPx64 and 7x64, but I formatted one of the computers to XPx32 and it persists.

Specs:
1. Win 7x64, GeForce 9800 GT x2 (1gb ram each), driver version 197.45.
2. Win XPx32/x64, GeForce 9800M GS (512 mb ram), driver version 197.16.
3. Win XPx32, GeForce 9650M GT, driver version 197.16

Things tried (none of which changed the results):
-SLI on/off
-DGNV 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
-Lower versions of the nvidia drivers
-multisource and CUVID server
-Win 7x64, WinXPx32, WinXPx64

On the two computers with 9800s I get "artifacts" as shown below with a few of them marked (as the scene pans they stay the same in the same locations, it's not like variable "noise"):

On the computer with the 9650M GT, it looks as one would expect:

Do different GPUs do it better or worse than others or does anyone have any information on what might be the cause of the artifacts? (using a supported purevideo player like windows media player on win 7 results in a good looking image without artifacts on all computers tested). Is there anything else I can/should try?
SideStream84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 07:23   #1563  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lych_necross View Post
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is an official x64 build of Avisynth. In addition to JoshyD's build (listed above), Squid_80 has a x64 build of Avisynth as well as precompiled plugins here. As to which one is more stable, I would say neither are as stable as the official x86 build; however, if you forced me to pick one, I would probably recommend JoshyD's build. Hopefully IanB will get inspired and come up with an official x64 build sometime this year.
Yes, JoshyD's is the best, and currently in development as well, which always helps...
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 08:25   #1564  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Please provide specs for the functionality you want. I ask because it's not obvious to me. For example, say I have a letterboxed movie and cropping away just the black leaves a certain non-mod (4, 8, 16) vertical size. Should I overcrop to enforce mod? What frame(s) should be used for the calculations? Etc. I have never used autocrop so if you want this you have to be really clear about what you want.
The StaxRip behaviour should be enough, i.e. specify in preferences the mod you need, and autocrop to the majority format of N frames. In the preferences you should get the possibility to choose between under or overcrop when auto. Obviously the possibility of gui assisted manual correction is mandatory.

Yes, I know, I am a lazy man
Old 10th June 2010, 13:56   #1565  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideStream84 View Post
Do different GPUs do it better or worse than others or does anyone have any information on what might be the cause of the artifacts? (using a supported purevideo player like windows media player on win 7 results in a good looking image without artifacts on all computers tested). Is there anything else I can/should try?
Please give me the source stream so I can investigate.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:05   #1566  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Hi Neuron..

I found a strange behaviour of DGindexNV 2010 on ArteHD (Gerrmany) Streams.

When i use DGIndexNV to Cut and create DGI/MP2 Audiofiles it creates 4 instead of 2 Audiofiles.
(The Stream contains only 2 Audio Streams ... German and French)

Also the Audiofiles now have a super High Delay added.

It looks like this:

klassenzimmer.dgi
klassenzimmer PID 184d L2 2ch 48 256 DELAY -1060ms.mp2 (49.836.770 bytes)
klassenzimmer PID 184d L2 2ch 48 256 DELAY -1412ms.mp2 (94.xxx bytes)
klassenzimmer PID 184e L2 2ch 48 256 DELAY -1070ms.mp2 (49.837.098 bytes)
klassenzimmer PID 184e L2 2ch 48 256 DELAY -1422ms.mp2 (94.xxx bytes)

Before i never had any Delay using DGToolsNV.
The 2 smaller Files contains audio from somewhere of the Source.

Anotehr strange behaviour is... When i open an Avisynth script with dgi inside to play @ mediaplayer it takes upto 2-3 minutes until it starts to play. Same thing if i use MeGui with DGI files.

If u need a Sample, tell me. The Recording(s) were done with DVBViewer Pro and a Dreambox 800HD.

Edit: I also found out that the Cuts are not at the Points ive made them...They are a 1-2 Seconds before....
Edit2: Only the Audio is not cutted right... Video is ok

Chris

Last edited by MOS-Marauder; 10th June 2010 at 15:16.
MOS-Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:17   #1567  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS-Marauder View Post
If u need a Sample, tell me.
Yes, I need a sample of the source stream that I can use to duplicate the problem. Please make sure that the problem occurs with the sample that you give me. Also, explain exactly how to make the problem happen with the sample.

Post the script that you claim takes 2-3 minutes to open.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:21   #1568  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Here it is:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\megui-Dev-031-1061\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("F:\000-CAPTURE-BACKUP\____BluRay-BRENN\HD-Encode\Xenius - Das schwimmende Klassenzimmer\klassenzimmer.dgi",fieldop=0)
SelectEven()
#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

I simply started DGIndexNV 2010, loaded the Video Source... Marked Start and End and saved Project.

Ive also tried w/o Cuvid Server with DGMultiDecode but MeGui crashed then. (same error as i wouldnt have Cuvid Server started... Couldnt decode..)

Shall i cut the Sample with a special Tool? (found it..DGSplit...)

Edit: The Time for Opening differs. Long Video File...Long Time to open with DGTools... short one ..eg 25 Minutes only takes 5-10 seconds. The 4 Hrs Eurovision Show took that long (3-4 minutes)

Not that u misunderstand me... Opening in DGIndexNV works instantly... But loading/using the DGI in anyway causes this.

Edit2: The Version Number of MeGui u see in the Filename above isnt correct... its the actual Developer Version.

Btw. congrats to Your new Rig.

Here is the File.
If u only load it and save Project i only have the DGI and 2x mp2 like expected. (also with Delays of aprox 1000).
Buuuuuuut if i set cut points in and out... it creates 4 mp2 Files like described above...

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/88814789/file.html

Chris

Last edited by MOS-Marauder; 10th June 2010 at 15:59.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:42   #1569  |  Link

Quote:
Not that u misunderstand me... Opening in DGIndexNV works instantly... But loading/using the DGI in anyway causes this.
What happens if you open the script in VirtualDub?
Old 10th June 2010, 17:04   #1570  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Same thing as in any Application... it opens after a while. It looks like it would check/scan the Video Source before opening. If i have the first Frame at the Display everything is like before.. normal behaviour... Only the first Opening of the Script takes a long (longer depending on Source Filesize) time.

Chris
Old 10th June 2010, 17:11   #1571  |  Link

@MOS-Marauder

1. Delays of ~1000ms are not wrong and not uncommon.

2. Using your sample I get two audio streams both of which play fine in MPC. There are not four as you claim.

3. I do not experience any slow opening in VirtualDub with your sample. I will try with my own longer file at home this evening, but the DGI file is read, that is all, there is no scanning of the video file, so the process should be fast.

Last edited by Guest; 10th June 2010 at 17:13.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:16   #1572  |  Link

The file open does do a sort of the POCs of the last GOP. If the POCs are spanning the full integer range then my simple bubble sort may take a long time. I wasn't expecting to have to sort extremely large GOPs.

To see if that is the case please give me the complete DGI file for the entire stream. I think I know what is happening but I need the DGI to confirm it.

EDIT: Ha. That sorting is not needed anymore! That was needed for previous versions when the FRM entries in the DGI file were not sorted by DGIndexNV. Since they now appear in the DGI file already sorted that sorting code in DGSource() can be removed and will very likely solve the problem.

Last edited by Guest; 10th June 2010 at 17:26.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:19   #1573  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Quote:
@MOS-Marauder

1. Delays of ~1000ms are not wrong and not uncommon.

2. Using your sample I get two audio streams both of which play fine in MPC. There are not four as you claim.

3. I do not experience any slow opening in VirtualDub with your sample. I will try with my own longer file at home this evening, but the DGI file is read, that is all, there is no scanning of the video file, so the process should be fast.
To 1:
Maybe but in the past i always had 0 Delay in DGIndexNV.

To 2:
Sure if i play the Sample in a player there are 2 Audio files, but that wasnt the problem. The Problem is .. if i use DGIndexNV 2010 and mark any start and end point (cut points) in it and save the project then i get 4 Audios. as i posted somewhere above.

To 3:
Yep with this small Sample its allmost impossible to see it but if u use a 21 GB Source File u will notice it (I can do a screencast for u in realtime if u want it )

And again.. if i do NOT set any Cut points and save the Project i get only the 2 Audios as it should be.

Chris
Old 10th June 2010, 19:22   #1574  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Quote:
The file open does do a sort of the POCs of the last GOP. If the POCs are spanning the full integer range then my simple bubble sort may take a long time. I wasn't expecting to have to sort extremely large GOPs.

To see if that is the case please give me the complete DGI file for the entire stream. I think I know what is happening but I need the DGI to confirm it.

EDIT: Ha. That sorting is not needed anymore! That was needed for previous versions when the FRM entries in the DGI file were not sorted by DGIndexNV. Since they now appear in the DGI file already sorted that sorting code in DGSource() can be removed and will very likely solve the problem.

DGSource("F:\000-CAPTURE-BACKUP\____BluRay-BRENN\HD-Encode\Xenius - Das schwimmende Klassenzimmer\klassenzimmer.dgi",fieldop=0)

U mean that Fieldop=0 ?

U still need the DGI of that Eurovision Song Contest File?

Chris
Old 10th June 2010, 19:39   #1575  |  Link

Quote:
U still need the DGI of that Eurovision Song Contest File?
Yes, please.

1. DGIndexNV simply reports the delay in the stream.

2. I cannot duplicate this with the sample you provided.

3. I cannot help without the full DGI file.

Quote:
U mean that Fieldop=0 ?
No.

BTW, is your keyboard broken? "You" keeps coming out as "U".

Last edited by Guest; 10th June 2010 at 19:47.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:42   #1576  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Quote:
Yes, please.
Ok this will take a while because i have to copy the 21 GB file from the Reciever to the HDD xD..and Dreamboxes arent very fast on that....

Chris
Old 10th June 2010, 19:48   #1577  |  Link

Don't you already have the DGI file for whatever stream you are reporting this slow open problem for? There's no need to copy the full stream anywhere.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:19   #1578  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Quote:
Don't you already have the DGI file for whatever stream you are reporting this slow open problem for? There's no need to copy the full stream anywhere.

Lol not for the BIG one.. because i encoded my Video already. I simply forgot to delete the big TS file ...

Ok so here it is.. i tested it .. it took 2 1/2 minutes until i saw the 1st frame.

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/47453929/file.html

In the one above i simply loaded the File and saved Project. it saved 1 DGI and 1 AC3.

I tried it again a 2nd time.. with a Cut in and Cut out point. The result is weird... DGIindexNV created now 1 DGI and 3 AC3 files.

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/37315488/file.html

20100529 2054 - Das Erste HD - Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Edited)-withcut.dgi
20100529 2054 - Das Erste HD - Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Edited)-withcut PID 1786 3_2ch 48KHz 448Kbps DELAY -1174ms.ac3
20100529 2054 - Das Erste HD - Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Edited)-withcut PID 1786 3_2ch 48KHz 448Kbps DELAY 1513ms.ac3 <-- This is the real one
20100529 2054 - Das Erste HD - Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Edited)-withcut PID 1786 3_2ch 48KHz 448Kbps DELAY 329ms.ac3

Why it creates the 2 other Files ? Its the absolute Same source File as in the first try.

Chris

Last edited by MOS-Marauder; 10th June 2010 at 20:46.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:10   #1579  |  Link

Your full DGI confirms my theory about what is happening. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the audio demuxing, I cannot help without a stream that I can use to duplicate the issue. I am unable to do that with the sample you gave me.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:26   #1580  |  Link
um3k

I am having a frame accuracy problem with DG NV tools when used in conjunction with MultiDecimate.

Here is the script:

Code:
foot = DGMultiSource("L:\8mmTest\8mmNoShut-2010_06_10-15_31_37.dgi").DoubleWeave()
#~ RestoreSuper8Frames(foot)
foot.ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true)
MultiDecimate(pass=2)
SelectOdd()
FlipHorizontal()
It works fine at first, but after about 80 (decimated) frames, it begins returning the wrong fields. If I seek to another part of the video, it works fine again for a number of frames before reverting to the bad behavior.

Any idea what the problem could be?
um3k is offline   Reply With Quote