Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 30th July 2017, 22:40   #221  |  Link
mp3dom

I have exactly the same problem with Win10 CU x64. Doesn't mount and go directly to the prompt and the -d switch doesn't do anything.
Also, after a while I unsuccessfully try to mount an avs, I always get a APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD (the more I try, the quicker it appear)
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 22:55   #222  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3dom View Post
I have exactly the same problem with Win10 CU x64. Doesn't mount and go directly to the prompt and the -d switch doesn't do anything.
Also, after a while I unsuccessfully try to mount an avs, I always get a APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD (the more I try, the quicker it appear)
This happens with trivial scripts like a simple avisource or version?
Old 31st July 2017, 00:54   #223  |  Link
poisondeathray

What about running from elevated prompt ? Windows is very picky about permissions and writing to c: drive

Or how about changing c:\volumes to some other drive ? Not sure how to do that
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:37   #224  |  Link
link626

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
So the afs avi is valid since vdub can open it, but check if frameserver.avs is valid - can you open that in vdub and any error messages
virtualdub can open the avs file just fine. no error.

elevated prompt doesn't make a difference.

I've been encoding with ffmpeg the last few videos, and I think I have most of the handbrakecli settings translated over, so this will have to be the workaround to the avfs fail.
link626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 19:35   #225  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

I confirm this doesn't work on Windows 10 x64. C:\volumes remains empty. I tried running as admin.

Last edited by MysteryX; 25th August 2017 at 01:14.
MysteryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 23:51   #226  |  Link
marcorocco

seems that AVFS wont' works with avisynth's 64bit script
marcorocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 00:06   #227  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorocco View Post
seems that AVFS wont' works with avisynth's 64bit script
lrn2bugreport kthxbye
Old 13th November 2017, 01:53   #228  |  Link
poisondeathray

64bit avs works ok here with avfs

There was an update a few months ago with pfmap IIRC , make sure you guys are using latest versions of everything
Old 19th December 2017, 22:18   #229  |  Link
marcorocco

pfmap IIRC ?

I already have download the Pismo File Mount Audit Package 190 + AVFS 1.0.0.6 but seems won't load 64bit .avs
Old 20th December 2017, 00:00   #230  |  Link
poisondeathray

For avs+ x64 mt , I use avfs script.avs . The avfs.exe I use is bundled with vapoursynth x64. It's definitely working, and definitely x64 mt (prefetch working). (That avfs.exe also mounts vpy scripts)

For avisynth x86 (vanilla) I use pfm mount . I still need the x86 version to interface with things like debugmode frameserver / advanced frameserver
Old 24th December 2017, 12:28   #231  |  Link
marcorocco

Ah ok Avisynth R274 + AVFS 1.0.0.7 + LSMashsource R921 in my Windows10-64bit now works.

But using AVFS.EXE 1.0.0.7, instead of the "PFM mount" I alwais need to keep open the commandline dos-window I'm in a batch processing and need to mount 50/100 video files... it's not the best solutions keeping open 50/100 dos windows, so I wonder if is there a way to have the 64bit version of AVFS (1.0.0.7) like the 32bit (1.0.0.5 using PFM.exe + avfs.DLL)?

Or in there a way to get the AVFS.DLL 64bit to have the same usage?

Thanks

Last edited by marcorocco; 24th December 2017 at 12:30.
Old 24th December 2017, 14:25   #232  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorocco View Post
Ah ok Avisynth R274 + AVFS 1.0.0.7 + LSMashsource R921 in my Windows10-64bit now works.

But using AVFS.EXE 1.0.0.7, instead of the "PFM mount" I alwais need to keep open the commandline dos-window I'm in a batch processing and need to mount 50/100 video files... it's not the best solutions keeping open 50/100 dos windows, so I wonder if is there a way to have the 64bit version of AVFS (1.0.0.7) like the 32bit (1.0.0.5 using PFM.exe + avfs.DLL)?

Or in there a way to get the AVFS.DLL 64bit to have the same usage?

Thanks
No. It's no longer implemented as a shell extension. Just write your own wrapper to hide and manage the processes if it bothers you.
Old 24th December 2017, 18:40   #233  |  Link
marcorocco

Oh, I understand however the usage of AVFS.exe in batch processing and with multiple files is uncomfortable, having to open a new window each time.
Nobody can create a .dll with the 64bit version of AVFS?
I'm a Cat... I'm not able to write a wrapper o_o however AVFS works great
Old 6th April 2018, 12:31   #234  |  Link
mtamimi

sometimes w/o "ConvertToRGB24()" the picture is garbled, so using "ConvertToRGB24()" fixes the issue, but also alters the color of the source! what can I do to overcome this problem?

Thnx
mtamimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 15:49   #235  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtamimi View Post
sometimes w/o "ConvertToRGB24()" the picture is garbled, so using "ConvertToRGB24()" fixes the issue, but also alters the color of the source! what can I do to overcome this problem?

What is the source?

Did you use the correct matrix ? For most HD sources it would be 709
eg.
Code:
ConvertToRGB24(matrix="rec709")
Old 7th April 2018, 11:26   #236  |  Link
mtamimi

Quote:
What is the source?

Did you use the correct matrix ? For most HD sources it would be 709
eg.
Code:
ConvertToRGB24(matrix="rec709")
No I did not! I did not encode anything with avfs because of that issue. So how can I determine the correct color matrix for Blu-Rays and DVDs?

Thnx
Old 7th April 2018, 15:51   #237  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
No I did not! I did not encode anything with avfs because of that issue. So how can I determine the correct color matrix for Blu-Rays and DVDs?

Thnx
As as general rule, "SD" use Rec601 , "HD" uses Rec709 . (UHD BD can use Rec2020)
Old 13th April 2018, 07:27   #238  |  Link
mtamimi

Thnx for the help...

So now I am using this "ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709")" as the last line in my avs scripts so that I can use avfs w/o issues.

My question is, does this alter the source quality -i.e. regular Blu-Ray- in any way?

Also, using ConvertToRGB instead of ConvertToRGB24, does this lead to any differences at all?!

Thnx
Old 13th April 2018, 15:45   #239  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

So now I am using this "ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709")" as the last line in my avs scripts so that I can use avfs w/o issues.

My question is, does this alter the source quality -i.e. regular Blu-Ray- in any way?
Technically, yes . To the human eye it will be pretty much indistinguishable. But this is an 8bit conversion to RGB from YUV - there are going to be minor rounding errors and precision loss . Some values in 8bit YUV are not "mappable" to 8bit RGB. You will not be able to "recover" the original YUV values from the BD source exactly. If you export back out an 8bit 4:2:0 YUV format, there is some loss too, for the same reasons. Also some loss from the chroma up/down sampling algorithm unless you use nearest neighbor. You can read up on YUV/RGB conversions for more info, it's discussed here and other places quite frequently

Quote:
Also, using ConvertToRGB instead of ConvertToRGB24, does this lead to any differences at all?!
By default, ConvertToRGB() is actually ConvertToRGB32() . RGB32 in avisynth usually indicates three 8 bit channels R,G,B each + 8bit alpha channel or dummy alpha channel (fake data) . There is no alpha channel from a blu-ray source.

But some programs and codecs might handle RGB32 better than RGB24 in terms of performance. It has to do with memory layout and handling. Quality wise no difference if coming from a BD source
Old 14th April 2018, 10:40   #240  |  Link
mtamimi

Quote:
Technically, yes . To the human eye it will be pretty much indistinguishable. But this is an 8bit conversion to RGB from YUV - there are going to be minor rounding errors and precision loss . Some values in 8bit YUV are not "mappable" to 8bit RGB. You will not be able to "recover" the original YUV values from the BD source exactly. If you export back out an 8bit 4:2:0 YUV format, there is some loss too, for the same reasons. Also some loss from the chroma up/down sampling algorithm unless you use nearest neighbor.
Is there a way not to use this conversion at all and continue using avfs?!

Thnx

*edit*
I have to add that I am only using a script to transcode the Blu-Ray video to x264...In other words, this loss due to conversion, does it matter in my case since I am converting from lossless to lossy?!

*edit2*
I just made a test encode, and Media Info is showing this "Color space : YUV", what does this mean? Didn't we convert to something else?!

Last edited by mtamimi; 14th April 2018 at 11:31.