Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd November 2014, 04:51   #1  |  Link
thehalcyonone

DVD Maestro: Indicating currently set options for audio/subtitles?

Hi everyone!

A friend and I are starting to learn DVD authoring to see if we can get some work for ourselves doing it. Our pilot project is going well, but I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this:

The DVD is going to have several audio and subtitle tracks, and a menu describing them all. Is there a way with DVD Maestro to highlight or otherwise indicate the currently selected settings on that menu?
thehalcyonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 05:00   #2  |  Link
rik1138

This might be a fairly useless answer overall, but the short answer is 'yes'.... It's just been so long since I've used Maestro I can't remember exactly how to program it.

Roughly (this is from memory of years ago though...) - rather than going straight to your Audio menu, you would go to a command sequence. In that command sequence you would have a series of statements like 'Jump to Audio menu with button 1 highlighted if Audio = 1', etc... For subtitles, the command sequence first has to check that subs are turned on (if not, go to Subtitle menu with 'Off' button highlighted), then check the number.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 00:36   #3  |  Link
mp3dom

Yes, rik is right. You need to use custom Command Sequences. Rather than "jump" to the audio menu, you jump to a command sequence. Inside that command you check which audio/subs are in use and then jump to the audio menu highlighting the right button.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 00:41   #4  |  Link
Capsbackup

Here is a link that may be useful!

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/maestro.htm
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 05:29   #5  |  Link
thehalcyonone

Thanks for the replies! Although they're not quite what I was looking for. While I know how I could use command sequences to place the cursor, what I'm wanting is actually a visual indicator that would be independent of the cursor. So if, say, English subs are on, that button is highlighted, even if you position the cursor on French instead.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:04   #6  |  Link
mp3dom

In that case you need multiple "version" of your audio menu. One BMP for each choice. Still you will need to use command sequences to define in which "version" you need to jump. This is not a DVDMaestro limitation. Even if you use Scenarist and want the same result, you still need to do multiple BMP for each choice.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2014, 23:31   #7  |  Link
rik1138

Yep, I remember we had a client that insisted on that style of setup page for all their titles. We also had to change the main menu to say 'Play Movie' if you weren't already in the movie, and then it had to change to 'Resume' if you were already watching it...

Trivial stuff now, but when you are just learning to program DVD, this little things can be a real pain in the ass...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 14:12   #8  |  Link
thehalcyonone

Ah. I was afraid maybe that was the case. How unwieldy! Not too bad for normal projects I guess, but it'll be quite a mess for mine. Ah well. Thanks a lot for the replies, everyone!

Tags
authoring, dvdmaestro, menus