Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th June 2012, 19:43   #13261  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by igvk View Post
I actually tried and know that it's possible with EVR.
Example is in the attachment.
I don't like the idea of setting another "fake" extended desktop that much.
Seems that it's madVR that doesn't recognize this kind of setup.
Don't use Virtu.
The virtual display workaround works fine.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 02:47   #13262  |  Link
Mikey2

I will make this one quick: The fix to my long post (regarding a problem with the new driver and sporadic stuttering) was to turn V-Sync off. I understand tearing issues - my old system (pre-MadVR) was terrible with tearing without D3D turned on. However, I have now watched a few movies since turning V-Sync off and I have yet to see any tearing. (I just need to make sure to set my refresh rate to a multiple of the source material and use ReClock.)

But I am a software engineer (lol who could not figure out a [code] tag and I like "correct" solutions. It seems to me that the new V-Sync is losing its lock on my file-stream. Does anyone know what I can try for a "real" fix of my issue? (Rather than giving up on V-Sync altogether?)

Thanks again for bearing with me everyone!
MikeY
Mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 06:25   #13263  |  Link
igvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Don't use Virtu.
The virtual display workaround works fine.
The virtual display workaround isn't convenient at all.
I'm used to quickly switching displays between LCD and projector via Win+P key, and I don't think it will position iGPU display correctly.
The mouse will also tend to jump into another display - it' s annoying.
Nevertheless, thanks for your suggestions - now I know that madVR is incompatible with VirtuMVP, and there still exists a (not perfect) workaround.
igvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 12:45   #13264  |  Link
FlashGordon

Quote:
added: new IVTC option to only look at pixels in the frame center
Has anyone been playing around with this option? I had it enabled until last night when I kept getting stuttering on certain scenes from a progressive PAL DVD. Turns out disabling it actually fixed the problem. The sequences it happened on seemed rather normal, with IVTC off there seemed to be no problem, but with IVTC on it would detect 'unknown cadence' and stutter. Is there any reason why it would behave this way if it were only looking at the center of the frame? Also, for those of you who use madvr to watch DVDs as well, do you have IVTC forced on even when the DVD is progressive? Would there theoretically be any adverse affects doing so?
FlashGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 15:46   #13265  |  Link
dukey

You can't inverse telecine pal
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 01:04   #13266  |  Link
FlashGordon

Right, but most of the time I leave IVTC on anyway and it just detects the cadence as 2:2 and no problems. The issue here was the option that only looked at the frame center; with that option enabled certain scenes would stutter. Unchecking that option and still leaving IVTC on would cause no problems.

What I do is just force Film Mode so I don't have to keep switching it, so it stays on for PAL content too and I usually have no problem since it can't get IVTC'd anyway. My last question was in regards to leaving IVTC on even when you don't need it and whether that is recommended or not.
Old 8th June 2012, 03:55   #13267  |  Link
Andy o

What kind of material is it? Ideally you shouldn't have to look on the center of the frame only, but TV stations put up logos in the borders that run at 60i, messing up IVTC.
Old 8th June 2012, 05:21   #13268  |  Link
FlashGordon

Film material, retail PAL DVD. The confusing part is that having it look at the entire frame turned out fine, but when it looked at just the center it glitched. It's not like this was consistently happening, either, but there were around 4-5 times that this happened through-out the film. At first I didn't suspect that it was because of this new option, but I turned it off just to test and it turned out to be the culprit
Old 8th June 2012, 06:49   #13269  |  Link
Andy o

What I meant is that that option to look in the center only is a workaround for the stupid animated logos and ads TV stations put on their shows. It is expected that for normal content without logos, looking at the whole screen would perform better, and in fact that's what madshi recommends for content like animation.
Old 8th June 2012, 15:11   #13270  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukey View Post
You can't inverse telecine pal
No, but you need 2:2 cadence detection to determine whether content is 50i or 25p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
Film material, retail PAL DVD. The confusing part is that having it look at the entire frame turned out fine, but when it looked at just the center it glitched. It's not like this was consistently happening, either, but there were around 4-5 times that this happened through-out the film. At first I didn't suspect that it was because of this new option, but I turned it off just to test and it turned out to be the culprit
It would probably be good to post a sample of the section that's causing this.

DGMPGDec will let you cut a section from the DVD.
  1. Open the relevant .VOB file
  2. Make a short selection with the [ and ] tools.
  3. Save Project and Demux Video
  4. Upload the demuxed .m2v file. (I tend to use mediafire)

Personally I just force film mode, because there's virtually nothing I have which is not 25p.

Last edited by 6233638; 8th June 2012 at 15:15.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 18:24   #13271  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
The only time you should disable v-sync is when latency matters above image quality. (game tournaments playing for money)
As previously said, I don't want to start a new discussion about Vsync, but I disagree with your point of view (i.e. you're wrong).

If you disable Vsync totally (you have to stop Aero for that), you will not have tearing if you use madVR D3D mode...
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 12:32   #13272  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
If you disable Vsync totally (you have to stop Aero for that), you will not have tearing if you use madVR D3D mode...
Then the control must not be disabling V-Sync with madVR.

EDIT: I have just tested this with a 1.85:1 aspect ratio film, and there absolutely is screen tearing with Aero off and V-Sync disabled. It happens to be right near the top of the image though, so it's probably not visible with 2.37:1 films as it will be hidden in the black bars.

Last edited by 6233638; 9th June 2012 at 12:43.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 16:24   #13273  |  Link
JackSparrow1

Hello,

Guys i have "intel I5 480M" processor, when playing 10 bit video using MadVR the colors of the video will be bad, here is a picture :

http://i.imgur.com/tdfOV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eQhnh.jpg

also i have the lastet driver & direct x version .. what's the solution ?
JackSparrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 17:11   #13274  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

JackSparrow1, the solution is video decoder with Hi10p support. LAV video, for example.
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 17:27   #13275  |  Link
JackSparrow1

@Qaq Yeah i'm using LAV video decoder, also i used ffdshow .. but still the same problem .
Old 9th June 2012, 18:48   #13276  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

matrix -> YCgCo o_O
Downloaded that video - with EVR everything is ok... because EVR doesn't know what YCgCo is. So stream is broken.

Last edited by vivan; 9th June 2012 at 18:50.
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 10:07   #13277  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow1 View Post
@Qaq Yeah i'm using LAV video decoder, also i used ffdshow .. but still the same problem .
ctrl+j and check

oops, sorry, couldn't see those screenshots.

Last edited by Qaq; 10th June 2012 at 11:27.
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 10:27   #13278  |  Link
JackSparrow1

@Qaq

http://i.imgur.com/eQhnh.jpg

it's already using PO16 input, but like i said the colors are too bad ..
Old 10th June 2012, 11:16   #13279  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

For that broken video disable evrything except RGB24/32 in "Ouput formats". Since LAV doesn't support YCgCo it would also produce "correct" result.
After watching - try writing trojan that will delete any file with name "x264" and send it to the person who encoded that video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq View Post
ctrl+j and check
He already posted screenshot with P010 decoder output!
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 11:49   #13280  |  Link
JackSparrow1

@vivan

I'm so stupid! i tried 4 "10 bit" videos all of them from the same person, after that i noticed the problem was from his videos! xD , so now i can watch "10 bit" videos with P016 input normally.. =)

but another problem, there is dropped frames when i use madVR = (

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling