Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th January 2003, 21:39   #1  |  Link
equilibrium

Player issue with dvddecrypter/maestro movie

Hi. I've been stacking a range of different .img files to my disks from DVD Maestro whilst waiting for a 105, which I now have.

Some are re-encodes, some are gutted down by ifoedit and then .img by Maestro, but....

A lucky few are either dvd5's to start with or the whole contents of a dvd9 fit on a 5 without trimming anything. For these ones I ripped the entire contents with DVD Decrypter into a VIDEO_TS subfolder and added an emptry AUDIO_TS folder and then went straight into DVD Maestro and built a .img file.

I have burnt one of these to a Verbatim 2x dvd-r. Through Powerdvd on my PC it is fine but on my Cyberhome ADL528 the onscreen display pops up DVD when the disk is accessed but when you play it Stays at 00 00 00:00:00 and doesn't go to the menu or play the movie, you also can't choose menu with the remote, so it won't play and is useless.

I was wondering if, with these straightforward rip/image ones if I needed to have done the 'Get VTS Sectors' option in Ifoedit? I can't see why because I have not changed anything about the structure.

Cheers

Equilibrium
equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 00:37   #2  |  Link
equilibrium

In the next version I fixed two things at once and the movie plays fine now. As the Verbatim disks are £2.50 ($3.75) a time I'd rather not blow more seeing which thing did it

One was to burn as UDF 1.2 the other was to run it through ifoedit get VTS sectors.

So a simpler summary after all this is, does a movie that was ripped entirely and not modified structurely still need VTS sectors remapping?

Cheers

Equilibrium
Old 9th January 2003, 17:29   #3  |  Link
kilroy

hey buddy..if its a 1:1 copy and no reencoding or such needs to be done because it already fits on 1 dvdr i would just make an iso with dvd decrypter, MODE-IFO-READ, then burn it with dvd decrypter MODE-IFO-WRITE..works like a charm..dont know if that helps but there is no reason to rip all vobs to a video_ts file if its a 1:1 copy..its just a waste of time buy...hope this helps get back to us..
kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 17:57   #4  |  Link
oddyseus

both of them actually did the trick. DVDs r supposed to follow the 1.2 specs and GET VTS SECTORS r needed to fine adjust the pointers because of disk slack due to various sizes available.

If u have noticed a file never occupies the same space on different sized disks allthough its absolute size remains the same.

Recently I am coming to a conclusion that the disk serving the movie to the burner shouldn't be fragmented a lot. Although this is something to be researched further.

"when u r aiming for the impossible everything else is within reach." Mike

ps. respect the forum rules, read, search and only then post.
oddyseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 20:04   #5  |  Link
kilroy

u dont need to do get vts sectors if its a 1:1 copy and u burn the iso..i always do that..as for the other stuff you lost me but i trust ya
kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2003, 08:46   #6  |  Link
oddyseus

Yes Kilroy is right and I wasn't clear on the subject.

U don't need a get vts ... as long u decrypted on iso.

"when u r aiming for the impossible everything else is within reach." Mike

ps. respect the forum rules, read, search and only then post.
oddyseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2003, 10:06   #7  |  Link
equilibrium

Thank you both very much for your input, it's a great help in my transistion from svcd to dvdr creation.

The only issue I seem to have now is with this new DRV105, I have to run the simulation in Nero before the burn because quite often the process freezes on the LeadIn creation, if you kill off nero and reboot it will be fine next time but that blank is then useless. So if I run a simulation first I catch it, reboot and then it is alright next time?

Weird !

Last edited by equilibrium; 10th January 2003 at 10:09.