Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th January 2007, 21:35   #1  |  Link
nex92

Settings of Robot4rip to allow direct MP3 encoding

Hello everybody

I have downloaded and installed the latest Gordian Knot Rippack (0.35.0) & Codec Pack (1.9). I used to run Robot4rip from a previous version which allowed me to rip a DVD, demux it and in the same batch, encode the audio track into an MP3 file.
Unfortunately, I can't anymore. I get no error message. The status window does not show any error. I have checked the path of all applications (including BeSweet) and they are fine. Also, I can encode the audio tracks directly with BeSweetGUI without any problem. Does that sound familiar to one of you?

Thanks in advance
nex92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2007, 18:11   #2  |  Link
Dr.Khron

Robot4Rip has been somehwat abandoned...

Any time I ask questions about it, people tell me that no one uses it anymore. SO, I've been manually ripping, indexing, demuxing and transcoding.

-Dr.K
Dr.Khron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2007, 21:10   #3  |  Link
nex92

That is sad
I found Robot4rip efficient and it allowed leaving the computer for a while. I'll try everything to have it work. If I succeed, I'll post the answer. Thanks for your (disappointing) post

Nex92
Old 20th January 2007, 11:12   #4  |  Link
nex92

I saw there was a newer version of R4r than the one in the pack : 0.6 (build 1098). So I downloaded it and tried, but unfortunately, this did not change anything : no audio encoding and no error message.
But there is a bypass : in the "Tools" menu, there is an "Encode audio file" function. I then can stay with this useful tool that allows encoding Divx files without playing with the delay between audio and video. That's why I like it!