Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th October 2011, 20:45   #841  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Feature to blank by playlist for multiple main movie discs (i.e. Directors Cut and Original).

Blue Brothers movie has several m2ts files which make up the main movie. This movie is has 2 versions and are not setup as branching, so its difficult to determine what to blank out.

I would like to do "movies and menu" backup but with the ability to choose only one of the main movie playlist versions. Or choose the playlist version to blank.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:09   #842  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Long GOP for BD-5/BD-9 would by nice, BD-Rebuilder already uses "--vbv-bufsize" and "--vbv-maxrate" <= than 15000, but uses 1 second gop (24 frames), using Long GOP (2 seconds, 48 frames) should give a free 2-3% boost on video quality and is totally compliant, IMHO on BD-5 even a small gain is important.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:06   #843  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
Long GOP for BD-5/BD-9 would by nice, BD-Rebuilder already uses "--vbv-bufsize" and "--vbv-maxrate" <= than 15000, but uses 1 second gop (24 frames), using Long GOP (2 seconds, 48 frames) should give a free 2-3% boost on video quality and is totally compliant, IMHO on BD-5 even a small gain is important.
It already does that. See the hidden option: EXTENDED_GOP=n

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd November 2011 at 17:08.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:16   #844  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It already does that. See the hidden option: EXTENDED_GOP=n
Wow, I totally miss that option .

Thanks for your hard work.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:56   #845  |  Link
JJB

I have a feature request that could help me and mabe some others.

I'll use Cars2 as an example. I have a need for a BD25 and a BD5.
In batch mode if I select BD25 first then save to batch then add the same movie as BD5 the completed batch mode output will only have a BD5 as it replaced the BD25 of the same name.

Can BD Rebuilder apply a suffix to the file the same as it does to a DVD5 such as BD25, BD5 or even 1,2 or 3 as necessary.

Thanks for an outstanding product, your time, patience and support!!
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:17   #846  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
I have a feature request that could help me and mabe some others.

I'll use Cars2 as an example. I have a need for a BD25 and a BD5.
In batch mode if I select BD25 first then save to batch then add the same movie as BD5 the completed batch mode output will only have a BD5 as it replaced the BD25 of the same name.

Can BD Rebuilder apply a suffix to the file the same as it does to a DVD5 such as BD25, BD5 or even 1,2 or 3 as necessary.

Thanks for an outstanding product, your time, patience and support!!
I'll come up with something. I'll probably just automatically suffix the name so it doesn't overwrite in batch mode.
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:20   #847  |  Link
JJB

Quote:
I'll come up with something. I'll probably just automatically suffix the name so it doesn't overwrite in batch mode.

Outstanding and Thank You Sir.
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:24   #848  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I have a small request too that hopefully shouldnt be too difficult to add (next to that 3rd destination path browse option), and that's to play a (user selectable or maybe the default imgburn) sound when the rebuild with imgburn is complete. With the new methods of blanking and dts-e i burn iso's first to see if they play ok. The thing is that imgburn only plays the sound if burning to a physical disc is completed. My request would be to play (imgburns?) sound when it tells BDRB iso creation has been completed.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:35   #849  |  Link
owine

Small request, not sure if it's feasible.

Could the copying of BD structure be done at the start of the process? This is mostly for backups directly from physical discs, I have to leave the disc in the drive all the way thru the encode process because it copies the structure at the end. If this were done at the beginning, I could remove the disc, insert a blank and turn on write to disc for an unattended backup. Having to leave the original disc in during the whole encode seems pointless once all tracks have been extracted.
owine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:20   #850  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post
Small request, not sure if it's feasible.

Could the copying of BD structure be done at the start of the process? This is mostly for backups directly from physical discs, I have to leave the disc in the drive all the way thru the encode process because it copies the structure at the end. If this were done at the beginning, I could remove the disc, insert a blank and turn on write to disc for an unattended backup. Having to leave the original disc in during the whole encode seems pointless once all tracks have been extracted.
That is why you rip the disc to the hard drive. If BD-RB did what you request, you are not saving much hard drive space anyway!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:37   #851  |  Link
owine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
That is why you rip the disc to the hard drive. If BD-RB did what you request, you are not saving much hard drive space anyway!
How so? I am simply shrinking directly from the physical disc for my BD25 backup. I am simply looking to skip a step for physical discs I have.
owine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:16   #852  |  Link
jdobbs

I always rip to disc, and then delete after I've reencoded. One thing you'll find for sure is that it runs much faster during encode.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:32   #853  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I always rip to disc, and then delete after I've reencoded. One thing you'll find for sure is that it runs much faster during encode.
I think you mean rip "the" disc to your hard drive, be it to iso or to files, then run BD-RB against that rip.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 01:08   #854  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I think you mean rip "the" disc to your hard drive, be it to iso or to files, then run BD-RB against that rip.
Exactly. I simply copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to a directory (named as the volume id) on my hard drive.
Old 27th November 2011, 00:28   #855  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
I'll look at it.
Any conclusion / chance for implementation?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 05:05   #856  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Any conclusion / chance for implementation?
It depends which "I'll look at it" you're talking about. There are quite a few of them.
Old 27th November 2011, 09:09   #857  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
It depends which "I'll look at it" you're talking about. There are quite a few of them.
This one, about the filter prefix.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 20:08   #858  |  Link
omegaman7

The ability to "FORCE_NOENCODE=" on a particular m2ts/playlist? Fairly often, I see BD's that are VERY close to single layer, but not quite. By not reencoding the main title, it would force rebuilder to compress the extras further perhaps.
Although ideally, specifying how much compression per clip would be exquisite. Because often, I see extras with very high bitrates, where they don't need it I believe 1080p extras, will look plenty agreeable at 5000 - 6000KB/s. But I see them pushing 10,000KB/s fairly often.

I apologize if I asked this before. I've had the thought before, but I don't think I asked
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 20:58   #859  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

suggestion: remove the "Encoder" menu entry under "settings", since ya cant change the encoder anyway and x264 is very powerfull it seems useless (& redundant) to have it remain in the menu.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 13:03   #860  |  Link
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

I wonder what would happen if you converted a BD that has video @ 25fps to either 24fps or 30fps. would fps conversion of video kill the disc structure in some way like bookmarks etc?

If FPS conversion does no harm then i want that put in cos I have BDs that are 25, 50fps and i want to make them playable on my Japanese PS3 which doesn't take 25 or 50fps.
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote