Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 11th April 2008, 21:06   #981  |  Link
mpiper

Great program! Any chance we can get the option to output the streams as an EVO? or even build a HD-DVD folder?

All the programs that I can find that write 3X DVD (mini HD-DVD) force the resolution to 1080P, so I'm trying to find a way to generate mini HD-DVDs with a resolution of 1280X720P.

Since this already reads and processes EVO files, I'm hoping writing the same will be easy to impliment.

Thanks!
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 22:08   #982  |  Link
jordan4584

Hi, I've converter audio to AC3 and remuxed to an M2TS. It plays fine on my computer but I can only get sound on my PS3, whats going wrong? Its at level 4.1 as well, also the trailers for the movie work but they were AC3 audio in the first place...
jordan4584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 23:58   #983  |  Link
lexor

Last time I asked this, it went unanswered, but lets try it one more time.

Regarding the CBR options, how do I pick Bitrate and VBV Buffer size? No matter what I try I get buffer overflows all around. Is there a rule/formula for calculating them?
lexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 04:20   #984  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
Last time I asked this, it went unanswered, but lets try it one more time.

Regarding the CBR options, how do I pick Bitrate and VBV Buffer size? No matter what I try I get buffer overflows all around. Is there a rule/formula for calculating them?
The TS bitrate must be higher than the combined peak bitrate all the streams in the mux. Usually the audio is CBR, so the video stream bitrate determines the TS rate.

For VBV size, I would think the muxer would determine this from the stream. However, the typical VBV size for MPEG-2 HD is either 9,781,248 bits or 7,995,392 bits for ATSC streams.

For AVC streams, 30,000,000 bits is what's used for Blu-ray.

Ron
Old 12th April 2008, 14:07   #985  |  Link
gav1577

Hi is anyone getting audio but no video since 1.7.3(b) ?

Last edited by gav1577; 12th April 2008 at 14:07. Reason: typo
gav1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 14:43   #986  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmpeg View Post
The TS bitrate must be higher than the combined peak bitrate all the streams in the mux. Usually the audio is CBR, so the video stream bitrate determines the TS rate.
The best I can get is 9500kbps to work on a video with 320kbps (cbr ac3) audio and 2200kbps max video. It generates 1.81Gb file from a ~400mb (vbr m2ts) source... any lower bitrate and it's vbv overlows all over. Perhaps bitrate has to be so high because I'm not setting vbv correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmpeg View Post
For VBV size, I would think the muxer would determine this from the stream. However, the typical VBV size for MPEG-2 HD is either 9,781,248 bits or 7,995,392 bits for ATSC streams.
tsmuxer asks for vbv in ms, how does one convert bits to millisecond?
lexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 17:16   #987  |  Link
Diodato

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav1577 View Post
Hi is anyone getting audio but no video since 1.7.3(b) ?
Yes I have the same symptoms, the PS3 will play audio only and no video with newer versions (though the PS3 correctly detects the AVC video type and shows it's current bitrate).
Diodato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 01:10   #988  |  Link
Threedcoder

I've got a fairly recent BluRay release that's been decoded.

tsMuxeR is not reporting any audio delay. However, after re-encoding, the audio is definitely delayed.

Anyone know how to get specific audio track delay(s) with respect to the video track? I don't care what application...I just need a correct audio delay (in milliseconds if possible).

Thanks.

Last edited by Threedcoder; 13th April 2008 at 01:26.
Threedcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 10:31   #989  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

xport
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 10:45   #990  |  Link
Warrex

You could try using eac3to (or xport AFAIK). It corrects the delay when demuxing. See here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...97#post1100197

example: eac3to Original.m2ts New.mkv
This will give you the video stream remuxed as mkv and the audio tracks as ac3 or flac (for HD Audio Tracks).

example 2: eac3to Original.m2ts -demux
This will give you the demuxed streams without remuxing, etc. anything.
Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 13:33   #991  |  Link
Threedcoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
You could try using eac3to (or xport AFAIK). It corrects the delay when demuxing. See here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...97#post1100197

example: eac3to Original.m2ts New.mkv
This will give you the video stream remuxed as mkv and the audio tracks as ac3 or flac (for HD Audio Tracks).

example 2: eac3to Original.m2ts -demux
This will give you the demuxed streams without remuxing, etc. anything.
I have already tried eac3to and it produces the same out of sync results.

Granted this is using the TrueHD track, maybe I should try it using the standard DD+/AC3 channel.

Maybe it's something encoded into the disc? I have no idea. However it's definitely interesting that tsmuxer reports no delay and eac3to demuxes and produces the same delay.

I'll take a look at xport and see if it tells me anything different.

Thanks.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:55   #992  |  Link
jordan4584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodato View Post
Yes I have the same symptoms, the PS3 will play audio only and no video with newer versions (though the PS3 correctly detects the AVC video type and shows it's current bitrate).
Yep, I have the same problem.
jordan4584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 14:23   #993  |  Link
Glorioso

Can i use tsmuxer to add subtitles to a existing project?
Glorioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 14:40   #994  |  Link
Threedcoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threedcoder View Post
I have already tried eac3to and it produces the same out of sync results.

Granted this is using the TrueHD track, maybe I should try it using the standard DD+/AC3 channel.

Maybe it's something encoded into the disc? I have no idea. However it's definitely interesting that tsmuxer reports no delay and eac3to demuxes and produces the same delay.

I'll take a look at xport and see if it tells me anything different.

Thanks.
Even the DD+/AC3 track demuxed by eac3to has the same delay (I just tried it).

In this case it's actually an audio delay which means the video is starting before the audio, so in order to correct it, either the audio tack would need to be chopped off in the front or a delay would need to be added to the video track.

At this point, the only way I can correct this problem is with eac3to and "eyeballing" the delay. But what good is that really? More like a pain in the ass.

I've only seen one other movie that has things setup this way and it was an HD-DVD, and EVODemux reported the delay correctly.

Last edited by Threedcoder; 13th April 2008 at 14:55.
Old 13th April 2008, 14:59   #995  |  Link
S3Ri0US

I cant open the m2ts file from Gone.baby.gone... TsMuxer tell me that the file is undetect... with EAC3TO i have no Problems... can you check this PLZ Roman..
S3Ri0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 15:24   #996  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Roman is not a magician! You should provide sample!
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 17:26   #997  |  Link
Joniii

Roman.

There seems to be something wrong with .ts and m2ts files that TSMuxer makes. Some players won't play these files at all. For example:

I ripped The Rock Blu-ray.

1. If I play those .m2ts files, they'll play fine on any player.

2. If I load that .m2ts into TSMuxer I can deselect subtitles and audio tracks I don't need and then save as .ts or .m2ts, again plays fine on all players.

3. If I demux that original .m2ts with tsremux or tsmuxer then load elementary streams into TSMuxer, and then save either .ts or .m2ts, now these won't play on all players.

Only thing I can think of is that TSMuxer doesn't make compatible files.
I can add samples into my ftp if needed.
Joniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 18:34   #998  |  Link
wakebrder

True-HD problem

Thanks for all your great work on this program!

I'm having a problem with True-HD. If I strip everything but the video and True-HD track, the resulting file will not play with Power DVD . If I downconvert True-HD to AC3, the resulting file plays fine.

This might be a minor inconvieniece to some, but my Panasonic DMP-BD30 and Denon 2808CI both support the new HD audio codecs, so that's what I want on my backups.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I installed Nero 8, and showtime will play the True-HD clip with no audio. I'm only running analog audio on this PC, but shouldn't Power DVD down convert True-HD?

I'll try a small clip and see if my BD30 will play it.

Edit:True-HD clip plays choppy video with no sound on the BD30. I guess I'll just down convert to AC3 until this is fixed.

Last edited by wakebrder; 13th April 2008 at 22:21.
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 19:41   #999  |  Link
roman76r

Version 1.7.6(b)
- Ability to open Blu-ray playlist (MPLS) files added. Also, when MPLS file is opened, chapters list automatically imported.
When MPLS is processed, "Clean Break" for connection_condition=5 correctly processed. It is actually for large playlists (10 M2TS files and more).
- bug fixed: some H.264 streams in version 1.7.1/2/3 did not work in PS3. It is the same problem it was corrected in version 1.7.3. Fixed again.
- bug fixed: Issue with muxing PGS stream from several source files (i.e. append mode) fixed.
roman76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 22:03   #1000  |  Link
hm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
Version 1.7.6(b)
- Ability to open Blu-ray playlist (MPLS) files added. Also, when MPLS file is opened, chapters list automatically imported.
When MPLS is processed, "Clean Break" for connection_condition=5 correctly processed. It is actually for large playlists (10 M2TS files and more).
- bug fixed: some H.264 streams in version 1.7.1/2/3 did not work in PS3. It is the same problem it was corrected in version 1.7.3. Fixed again.
- bug fixed: Issue with muxing PGS stream from several source files (i.e. append mode) fixed.

what with srt import?
hm10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer