Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 12th December 2001, 20:01   #1  |  Link
lholwell

VCD on DVD

If you create a VCD onto 2 CDR's, is there a way of placing 2 or 3 VCD movies on 1 single DVD disk instead. Will the players recognise that there are 2 to 3 different movies on this disk and will it allow you to select which one you want to view or will they play one after the other.

Another question, on checking my DVD player compatibility (Panasonic SAHT80) on VCDhelp.com and for my player it shows DVDR and DVDRW which are crossed out so I can play them but another colmun shows DVD+R and DVD+RW which I can play. What does this mean, and what should I look for when purchasing blank DVD's bearing in mind what my player can read.
lholwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2001, 21:28   #2  |  Link
UHT

you would have to create some kind of menu/selection system, or else place them in seperate chapters and use the dvd remote to skip to the next movie
Old 24th December 2001, 19:48   #3  |  Link
1DREAMER

DVDR ?DVD+R

IM a Newbie first of all. But form what i have read, DVDR is NOT the same as DVD+R. Believe its a differant format. A good reviewed player and (CHEAP)$98.00 at SAMs is the DAEWOO Mod.DVD-5700. I know, daewoo ???? I just bougt 1 2 days ago and because of holidays & family its sitting in open box. I atleast I foud time to read the manual. It states it will play DVD VIDEO/ VIDEO CD(SVCD/CVD)/ CD(PCM orDTS) / CD-G(only audio) /CD-ROM(onlyMP3Files up to 256 files)/ CD-R(video-cd/cd/cd-rom with MP3File)/ CD-RW/DVD-R(dvd video only)/. Does NOT play DVD-RAM/ DVD+RW/ PHOTCD.

FOR $98.00 ?? ? also am ckg. region and macro (previous mods were able to enter & change. Also has Pal Or Ntsc button. ??