Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 28th October 2008, 09:31   #2181  |  Link
BZeeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Does this mean you're working on BDRebuilder? *hope*
I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Just tested it with v1.88 -- the problem is still there. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next release. I'll post a quick fix program in a day or so. It just needs to rebuild the tables and rewrite the CLPI. No big deal.
Please post the quick fix. It will be appreciated.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 10:52   #2182  |  Link
magnop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
I second that!

Me too!!!

It will be great to have a tool like that for BD.
magnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 11:03   #2183  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Does this mean you're working on BDRebuilder? *hope*
Actually it's close to beta test now.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:13   #2184  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Actually it's close to beta test now.
I still think your DVD Rebuilder is one of the best programs I have. A BD version is very interesting. Does it output H264 like Ripbot does?
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 12:59   #2185  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
Not sure if this has been discussed (this is a long thread), so I thought I'd bring it up. TSMUXER seems to have a small bug that causes fast-forward, rewind, and seeking issues when creating Blu-ray output.

It appears as though the COARSE/FINE table relationship in the .CLPI file isn't being structured properly. The program correctly creates a new COARSE entry with the PTS rolls over (the LSBs contained in the FINE table get to a point where they will require an increment in the COARSE table). But it appears it doesn't do so (at least not always) when the same thing happens to the COARSE/FINE SPN. As a result, you have combined SPN pointers that suddenly drop to very small values (at least until the next COARSE reference)...

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is keeping the package up-to-date. If not, I guess I can write a simple program to read/rewrite the CLPI (I'd rather see it fixed in the program, though). I just did one by hand and it fixed the problems -- now rewind/fast-forward works correctly and I no longer get "pauses" when I jump between chapters.
Have you had a look into tsRemux? Does this have the same problem or does it manage to write the COARSE/FINE table correctly?

Last edited by Ryu77; 28th October 2008 at 13:08.
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 13:31   #2186  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post

If I'm in the wrong place, sorry, but everyone seems to use TSMuxer for their BR discs after ripping.
They do. :) But not for automagically creating WMV files, of course.
Old 28th October 2008, 14:28   #2187  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
If you could post a link to a program to fix this that would be great help. I have Not noticed this issue with my PS3 on any AVC-HD's that I have mastered (could be the PS3 handles it better).
Attached is a small command line program that will correct the CLPI. Just run it with a single parameter that represents the path to the CLPI file that was created by TSMUXER in blu-ray mode. If it finds the error (it will normally be there except on very small muxes) it will rewrite the CLPI with the tables corrected.

I want to be sure that no one misunderstands me on this... TSMUXER is a great program and I use it all the time. It's the only one I know of that does what it does as well as it does. This little app is just a way to correct a small glitch -- which I have to assume will be corrected by the TSMUXER authors in due time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixclpi.zip (6.7 KB, 698 views)

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th October 2008 at 16:51.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 14:37   #2188  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
I still think your DVD Rebuilder is one of the best programs I have. A BD version is very interesting. Does it output H264 like Ripbot does?
I shouldn't have mentioned this -- as it pulled a good thread off-topic for a few posts.

Sorry.
Old 28th October 2008, 15:55   #2189  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Quote:
Attached is a small command line program that will correct the CLPI...
Thank you
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 16:15   #2190  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
I shouldn't have mentioned this -- as it pulled a good thread off-topic for a few posts.

Sorry. :(
Well, that was my fault, actually. :) I'm sure that in the fulness of time you'll open an appropriate BDRebuilder thread.

Last edited by asarian; 28th October 2008 at 16:20.
asarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 18:14   #2191  |  Link
piratburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratburner View Post
The original files works great on my TviX but when used TsMuxeR there is NO sound, and its the same on 2 movies with DTS-HD 7.1

All DTS-HD 5.1 Works perfect after run this on TsMuxeR

So it's a bug in this SW :-(

EDIT

If Downconvert to DTS its OK . but I like DTS-HD more :-)
Using TsNuxer with DTS-HD 5.1 works great BUT on this two I have problem.. No sound ! What can I do to fix this ?

Like I say before the original m2ts files works :-)

Million Dollar Baby 2004 1080p Blu-ray GER AVC DTS-HD HR 7.1
Main movie only one m2ts file.

Léon 1994 Ultimate Edition 1080p Blu-ray GER AVC DTS-HD MA 7.1
Main movie is on 8 differents m2ts files

I saw jdobbs on this forum, I have donate money for DVDrebuilder, And think if he could make a program like TsMUxer that works with all Blu-ray. THAT would be a dream :-)

Last edited by piratburner; 28th October 2008 at 18:20.
piratburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 19:31   #2192  |  Link
GZZ

Thanks jdobbs for the little consol apps. It did the job just perfekt, dont have freezing picture/sound anymore. Thanks.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 21:57   #2193  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Attached is a small command line program that will correct the CLPI. Just run it with a single parameter that represents the path to the CLPI file that was created by TSMUXER in blu-ray mode. If it finds the error (it will normally be there except on very small muxes) it will rewrite the CLPI with the tables corrected.

I want to be sure that no one misunderstands me on this... TSMUXER is a great program and I use it all the time. It's the only one I know of that does what it does as well as it does. This little app is just a way to correct a small glitch -- which I have to assume will be corrected by the TSMUXER authors in due time.
Thank you! I just gave it a quick try and already I can see an improvement with seeking on my PC Media Player, without even mentioning the improvement it will make on a stand alone.

I always had a feeling that something wasn't quite right seeking with files created by tsMuxeR.

As you said and I completely agree, tsMuxeR is a fantastic little app. This is only a small bug which you have now addressed. I hope the author can implement this fix soon also.
Old 28th October 2008, 23:18   #2194  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Thanks for that. I will try it and see how it turns out.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:03   #2195  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
I made a little GUI for jdobbs program in Delphi.

FixclpiGUI

I hope anyone find it useful. Thanks to jdobbs for the fix.

/GZZ
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:05   #2196  |  Link
kolak

Can I make PS3 working with HDMV structure from Scenarist?

It looks like PS3 doesn't like original index file- when I replace it with the one from TSMuxer than it plays fine, but I'm missing order playback, etc (because of the wrong index and playlist file). It's funny becuase all pop-up menus work fine.
Is there a way to patch index (or some others files) to get project from Scenarist working on PS3 from hard disk?

I just need to fool PS3 that this is an AVCHD project, so it can start playing it from root of the hard disk.

Thanks

Last edited by kolak; 29th October 2008 at 00:07.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:39   #2197  |  Link
yamyam

Quote:
Thankyou jdobbs for this little app, much appreciated, Tested it on the ps3 tonight from TSmuxers blue ray output skipping chapters RW & FF all work perfectly now. Like jdobbs i have used TSmuxer for quite some time & are happy this issue has been fixed, can you help us with the dolby TrueHD problem as i get no sound in the ps3 ?
yamyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 07:09   #2198  |  Link
jeffnoone

LPCM 5.1 file is muxed in - final result is LPCM double length of video

Originally posted over in eac3to forum, but reply there seemed to indicate error was in tsRuxeR. Anyway essentially problem is this - has anyone else noticed that tsRemuxeR will remux the various tracks, but ends up (probably) doubling the length of a 5.1 PCM/LPCM, which I made from a TrueHD, as described below

Extracting from Dave Matthews BR disc, which has 5.1 AC3, PCM 2-ch, and TrueHD 5.1

Used eac3to 2.69 to extract the VC1 and all three audio tracks in one run; used DOS commandline, and -i 24 -c 6 -s 48000

For the TrueHD, I just extracted using the stdout technique, and saved as 6-channel PCM

Anyway tsMuxeR will import and correctly recognize the video and all three audio tracks (after I ran the 2-channel PCM thru PCM2TSMU)

But there is some problem with the BR files I produce
When running tsMuxer, it says at one point about processing a certain number of video frames (as if it has finished video early)

When you let thing complete, there are no declared errors, but PowerDVD reports as 5.38.04 i length (way too long), and video seems to "run out" about half way thru.
The AC3 track plays fine and is synced
There is sound on the 6-ch PCM but it appears very slow
The 2-channel PCM file from original disc also plays fine and is synced

I have successfully extracted 6 and 8 channel PCM before from other formats including TrueHD, but something seems to have gone wrong here - any ideas

Thanks
jeffnoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 08:07   #2199  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnoone View Post
Originally posted over in eac3to forum, but reply there seemed to indicate error was in tsRuxeR. Anyway essentially problem is this - has anyone else noticed that tsRemuxeR will remux the various tracks, but ends up (probably) doubling the length of a 5.1 PCM/LPCM, which I made from a TrueHD, as described below

Extracting from Dave Matthews BR disc, which has 5.1 AC3, PCM 2-ch, and TrueHD 5.1

Used eac3to 2.69 to extract the VC1 and all three audio tracks in one run; used DOS commandline, and -i 24 -c 6 -s 48000

For the TrueHD, I just extracted using the stdout technique, and saved as 6-channel PCM

Anyway tsMuxeR will import and correctly recognize the video and all three audio tracks (after I ran the 2-channel PCM thru PCM2TSMU)

But there is some problem with the BR files I produce
When running tsMuxer, it says at one point about processing a certain number of video frames (as if it has finished video early)

When you let thing complete, there are no declared errors, but PowerDVD reports as 5.38.04 i length (way too long), and video seems to "run out" about half way thru.
The AC3 track plays fine and is synced
There is sound on the 6-ch PCM but it appears very slow
The 2-channel PCM file from original disc also plays fine and is synced

I have successfully extracted 6 and 8 channel PCM before from other formats including TrueHD, but something seems to have gone wrong here - any ideas

Thanks
The TrueHD track on DM & TR Live at Radio City is 96/24, maybe omit the -48000 command and leave the Hz at 96000?

Edit: If you wish to keep 48kHz, you should use -resampleto48000 (instead of -48000).

Last edited by odin24; 29th October 2008 at 09:35.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 09:16   #2200  |  Link
Ryu77

jdobbs, I just wanted to mention something in regards to your application. I am not sure if I should be concerned or not...

After correcting the clip info file with your application, I am noticing that during seeking at regular intervals the picture seems to display a band across the bottom portion of the screen from a previous scene. This seems to be where tsMuxeR created files used to stick for a fraction of a second. I guess my concern is... Yes, your application has definitely made seeking smoother... But... Has it introduced something else that could present problems?

Has anybody else noticed this after using the clpi fix?

Note: For reference, I am using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.

Tags
tsmuxer