Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th February 2010, 20:10   #6981  |  Link
J33pman

Yep, that's it.
J33pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 20:50   #6982  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33pman View Post
I guess I'm still a little confused, as I always choose MKV encoding. The app goes through the first "Demuxing selected streams" and goes to 100% on the first pass (they always go through this twice for some reason) but throws up the error on the second pass. Do I need to demux these with another app? If so, what do you recommend? Thanks!
the demux / remux into mkv I was talking about would require tsmuxer and mkvmerge (both freeware)
tsmuxer can extract the audio and video streams you want. it can also extract the DTS core in the same step if you're not going to keep the full HD track. from there you can mux them back into an MKV file with mkvmerge and then try processing that file with ripbot. not steps that you should necessarily have to do or anything, but it might process properly after doing so
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 20:53   #6983  |  Link
Arbelisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
the demux / remux into mkv I was talking about would require tsmuxer and mkvmerge (both freeware)
tsmuxer can extract the audio and video streams you want. it can also extract the DTS core in the same step if you're not going to keep the full HD track. from there you can mux them back into an MKV file with mkvmerge and then try processing that file with ripbot. not steps that you should necessarily have to do or anything, but it might process properly after doing so
That does work, but you will not get FLAC Audio. I tried converting the Audio seperately with Eac3to, but got an error with that as well.
Arbelisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 21:24   #6984  |  Link
pacaveli211

if you mux in the HD track (into the mkv) or import the raw DTS-HD track into ripbot do you still have trouble?
Old 27th February 2010, 00:01   #6985  |  Link
xantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Ok. I have the same problem. I didn't notice that before. I always check audio sync in preview so I always go to properties.

UPDATE: Ok I finally found the problem. It will be fixed in new version. New version will be released after NAL-HRD patch is 100% stable.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152127

Temporary solution :
Usex264x64=0
Dziękuję Atak_Snajpera. Looking forward to the release

I'm guessing "Usex264x64=0" was meant to be "Use x264 x64 =0", right? In which case, I'm wondering where I should download it from (x264.nl ?), and where do I place it, or how do I get RipBot to use it?

Thanks again

Last edited by xantius; 27th February 2010 at 00:17. Reason: edit
xantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 00:19   #6986  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

edit ripbot264.ini
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 03:02   #6987  |  Link
pacaveli211

or.....just make sure you go into the properties as your last step
as the x264 x64 gives you faster processing
Old 27th February 2010, 06:27   #6988  |  Link
xantius

Quote:
or.....just make sure you go into the properties as your last step
as the x264 x64 gives you faster processing
... So if I edit the .ini file, I can turn it off and not have to worry about the issue, but if I go into properties as my last step, I can continue using x264 x64, which is faster...
Got it

Thanks
Old 27th February 2010, 12:04   #6989  |  Link
arapkadri

hi
This version x264 core 85 r1442kGIT 781d300 was working very good, but the new version did not work.

x264.1462kGIT why this version did not work

http://komisar.gin.by/

Last edited by arapkadri; 27th February 2010 at 12:26. Reason: link
arapkadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 01:41   #6990  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
You should ask yourself "WHY I don't just use CQ@18"??
Answer to that question would be "Because I like to waste time and space"
As far as space goes... I have access to all the hard drive space I want.

If I need 500 - 2TB drives then so be it. I DON'T CARE How much space I need, or how many NAS drives I need to do it with.

I only care about picture quality.

Use CQ@18 has CRAPPY pq on my 160" projection display. The PQ coming direct from Blu-ray is superb.

Even on my 65" plasma the PQ SUCKS!

Now I will admit, on my 32" sets. I can't much difference between CQ@18 and the original blu-ray. But I can on a 65" plasma and a 160" Projection set.

As far as time goes. Doesn't matter to me either. I have my "Assistant" do it on her time. Since I pay her Salary anyways.

So give me a better excuse then your belief its a waste of time & space. I do understand that it may be a waste of time & space for YOU... but it ISN'T FOR ME!

Thank you

WTC
WildTexasChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 01:44   #6991  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
as atak said, maybe you should just be using cq18 instead of messing with 2pass
What is the difference? I have tried Cq18 and the PQ doesn't seem near as good as 2 pass. Is CQ18 suppose to be better? What is actually the difference?

Like I said in a previous post, I could care less how much processing time it takes, or how much space is required.

WTC
Old 28th February 2010, 01:47   #6992  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33pman View Post
I have run into an issue while ripping my Star Trek Original Series BDs. Season1 went fine, but 5 disks of Season 2, and now several of Season 3 fail to rip the first episode in the drop down. All subsequent eqpisodes rip and encode fine. I also tried ripping the disk to the hard drive first, with the same result: DirectShowSource: couldn't open file D:\Temp\RipBot264\job4\video.mkv: The system cannot find the file specified. (D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job4\getinfo.avs, line2)

I looked through the site for a while, but didn't see a similar error. As I said, it's only the first "track" and the rest of the disk rips without incident.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

I had the same problem. So I used AnyDVD HD to rip them to my SDD drive. Then I used ripbot to make them into H.264 MKV's for me. (Star Trek is using hte VC-1 codec in thier M2TS files)

Works like a charm. Looks good too (At least on my 32" HDTV)

I did that for all 3 seasons of Star Trek: TOS

WTC
Old 28th February 2010, 01:47   #6993  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTexasChef View Post
As far as space goes... I have access to all the hard drive space I want.

If I need 500 - 2TB drives then so be it. I DON'T CARE How much space I need, or how many NAS drives I need to do it with.

I only care about picture quality.

Use CQ@18 has CRAPPY pq on my 160" projection display. The PQ coming direct from Blu-ray is superb.

Even on my 65" plasma the PQ SUCKS!

Now I will admit, on my 32" sets. I can't much difference between CQ@18 and the original blu-ray. But I can on a 65" plasma and a 160" Projection set.

As far as time goes. Doesn't matter to me either. I have my "Assistant" do it on her time. Since I pay her Salary anyways.

So give me a better excuse then your belief its a waste of time & space. I do understand that it may be a waste of time & space for YOU... but it ISN'T FOR ME!

Thank you

WTC
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but you state all you care about it PQ. If so then why exactly are you encoding??? You don't care about space, so just using MakeMKV, Clown_BD, or Another eac3to GUI, and create a 1:1 copy of the original. No need to worry about the PQ regardless of what size display you are viewing on.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 01:56   #6994  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but you state all you care about it PQ. If so then why exactly are you encoding??? You don't care about space, so just using MakeMKV, Clown_BD, or Another eac3to GUI, and create a 1:1 copy of the original. No need to worry about the PQ regardless of what size display you are viewing on.
To make a long story short. 98% of my use of Ripbot is to take BD movies that have used the VC-1 encoding and convert them to H.264 encoded MKV files.

VC-1 codec isn't a widely accepted formate for many hardware media players. As in their firmware has not yet been upgraded to make use of the VC-1 codec. As a result conversion from VC-1 to H.264 is required.

In my home, playing VC-1 content isn't a major issue even though my LG BD390 player doesn't like VC-1 MKV's I do have other options to play VC-1 encoded MKV's in my home. It is elsewhere when I play them that it begins to become a major issue. On other media players.

Even though space is not an issue or concern for me. Trying to maintain multiple versions & MKV's of the same movie is a PIA. Therefore I would like just ONE file that I can play on all my required media players with the best quality possible.

Honestly I would rather not have to re-encode at all if I didn't have too. But some Blu-rays have to be because of the VC-1 encoding.

WTC

P.S. I am using MakeMKV for h.264 encoded Blu-rays. If it has the capability to convert VC-1 to h.264 I sure haven't figured out how to do it yet! LOL

Last edited by WildTexasChef; 28th February 2010 at 01:59.
Old 28th February 2010, 03:01   #6995  |  Link
crackinhedz

changed OS, couple questions?

Hey Atak, got a question for you (or for anyone else?)

...recently upgraded my OS from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64bit. (Quad Core processor)

Obviously I had to re-install EVERYTHING, and before, Ripbot was set up perfect to my liking, but now Im not sure if I missed something or some of my encoder/decoders not working properly...I am using latest up-to-date Haali, FFDShow, AviSynth.

The movie is "9" 1080p, and im running CQ18. Before I would expect the total time to be around 8-9 hours, but im looking at close to 14 hours.

When I hover over the Ripbot process it shows:

Quote:
pass 1 [6%] 6960/114227 frames, 2.80 fps, 6027kbps eta ~12:36:52

...does this sound right? Since Im using 64 bit, does it automatically select x264 64 bit?

Im thinking there is something I can tweak, because it seemed to run a bit faster on Vista 64.

Thanks for your time, and again awesome program!!
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 03:42   #6996  |  Link
xantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
Hey Atak, got a question for you (or for anyone else?)

...recently upgraded my OS from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64bit. (Quad Core processor)

Obviously I had to re-install EVERYTHING, and before, Ripbot was set up perfect to my liking, but now Im not sure if I missed something or some of my encoder/decoders not working properly...I am using latest up-to-date Haali, FFDShow, AviSynth.

The movie is "9" 1080p, and im running CQ18. Before I would expect the total time to be around 8-9 hours, but im looking at close to 14 hours.

When I hover over the Ripbot process it shows:

...does this sound right? Since Im using 64 bit, does it automatically select x264 64 bit?

Im thinking there is something I can tweak, because it seemed to run a bit faster on Vista 64.

Thanks for your time, and again awesome program!!

crackinhedz, I was having an issue with encoding, and pacaveli211 suggested that the last step is going into the video properties (where you set resize, crop, etc options) and clicking ok. if you don't do this sometimes, it seems, it doesn't properly write the script.
Old 28th February 2010, 13:00   #6997  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTexasChef View Post
To make a long story short. 98% of my use of Ripbot is to take BD movies that have used the VC-1 encoding and convert them to H.264 encoded MKV files.

VC-1 codec isn't a widely accepted formate for many hardware media players. As in their firmware has not yet been upgraded to make use of the VC-1 codec. As a result conversion from VC-1 to H.264 is required.

In my home, playing VC-1 content isn't a major issue even though my LG BD390 player doesn't like VC-1 MKV's I do have other options to play VC-1 encoded MKV's in my home. It is elsewhere when I play them that it begins to become a major issue. On other media players.

Even though space is not an issue or concern for me. Trying to maintain multiple versions & MKV's of the same movie is a PIA. Therefore I would like just ONE file that I can play on all my required media players with the best quality possible.

Honestly I would rather not have to re-encode at all if I didn't have too. But some Blu-rays have to be because of the VC-1 encoding.

WTC

P.S. I am using MakeMKV for h.264 encoded Blu-rays. If it has the capability to convert VC-1 to h.264 I sure haven't figured out how to do it yet! LOL
Make sense. VC-1 is a PITA. I honestly have never had issues playing VC-1 on any of my extenders, but gotta hack around Windows if you want it to play back properly.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 16:40   #6998  |  Link
Lighto
The Black Reaper

Hi there, I can't get RipBot264's preview to work with .sub subtitles.
I keep getting,
Quote:
VobSub: Can't open "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\test.sub"
(D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\job2_preview.avs, line 35)
Any comments on this issue will be appreciated.
Lighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 17:33   #6999  |  Link
crackinhedz

ok to follow up, the conversion is finished...actually only took 10h:30m:04s !!

The original file size was 19.6 GB, the final size after completion is 3.71 GB

wow, im impressed...didnt take as long as I first thought, and compressed below 5GB! insane.

The file plays fine but I have not given a run though my 50" plasma, but from the looks on my 19" LCD monitor quality seems fine?
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 19:18   #7000  |  Link
james2432

It would be awesome if I could rip dual audio into an mkv, but it doesn't seem to support it
james2432 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360