Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th May 2013, 16:30   #1341  |  Link
Nico8583

I would like to make a little survey on 3D users : have you compared a true BD3D and the same movie in half SBS or half TB format ? If yes, what is the size of your screen/projector and have you found any difference ? Thanks !
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 16:41   #1342  |  Link
jdobbs

I have a 60" Samsung ES7150 3D display. I can definitely see the difference between half SBS and the original full HD 3D disc... but frankly you have to look for it, and if you weren't looking for it you probably wouldn't notice.
Old 29th May 2013, 16:59   #1343  |  Link
PurpleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have a 60" Samsung ES7150 3D display. I can definitely see the difference between half SBS and the original full HD 3D disc... but frankly you have to look for it, and if you weren't looking for it you probably wouldn't notice.
I agree. I'm with a 65" Panasonic ST50 and you *really* have to look for it. Keep in mind that most people can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, and that even half the effective resolution of 1080p (such as what you get with SBS-3D) is still more pixels than a 720p equivalent.

1280x720 = 921,600 pixels of image data.
960x1080 (half SBS) = 1,036,800 pixels of image data.
PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 21:48   #1344  |  Link
frencher
French Love

"Ice age 3" is 3DBD of Panasonic, the Intel MVC decoder have same problem of Stere oscopic player and MVCtoAVI

Ice age 3 demo original

Ice age 3 demo recoded with Intel MVC Decoder (Start_sample_multi_transcode_x64.cmd)

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 29th May 2013 at 22:15.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 22:00   #1345  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj666 View Post
I have the Ice Age 3 disk that was bundled with the Panasonic players - this is also not processable in Scenarist (I forget which error but a missing flag in the H264 stream or similar). Is this also the version you were trying r0lz? Or a store bought Ice Age 3, which I assume would be a different encode.

Cheers,

-jj-
I have the same version too. I would appreciate if you can try it with Scenarist again and post here the error message. If we know why it doesn't work well with the MVC decoders, perhaps we'll find a workaround. Thanks in advance.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 22:51   #1346  |  Link
Rumbah

I have a Philips 47'' tv and for me there isn't any difference between full hd 3d and half TB as it uses polarization and halves the vertical resolution anyway for 3d

But I don't notice the resolution loss except for stills where you can see the stair steps.
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 23:07   #1347  |  Link
frencher
French Love

I bring full attention to the use of the SDK Intel MVC and all programmers interested in working for avisynth dll

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 00:33   #1348  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I've now done four titles with this version, including one that froze on the previous release. All have completed successfully and I've seen no issues. I haven't tried the automatic framecounts at all, since I get that information easily from the MPLS. In fact, this release has worked so well that I'm considering using it (replacing DirectshowMVCSource) in the next BD Rebuilder release. I need to do more testing, though.

Thanks.
Unfortunately it appears that most of the multi-part output that I've done with ssifsource3() appears to be losing or adding frames and the left/right pictures are falling out of sync. Is anyone else experiencing this? It appears it may be happening at the points where the multiple segments are joined -- but I'm not sure yet.
Old 30th May 2013, 06:24   #1349  |  Link
Thalyn

That sounds fairly similar to my to my experiences when I managed to get it to work, Jdobbs. I suspected the issues I was encountering were along the joins, and I suspect it's something related to why the framerates were showing incorrectly with the auto-detect. Of course, the two could be entirely unrelated as well - I honestly don't know enough about decoding to even make an educated guess.
Thalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 13:39   #1350  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalyn View Post
That sounds fairly similar to my to my experiences when I managed to get it to work, Jdobbs. I suspected the issues I was encountering were along the joins, and I suspect it's something related to why the framerates were showing incorrectly with the auto-detect. Of course, the two could be entirely unrelated as well - I honestly don't know enough about decoding to even make an educated guess.
I'm not using autodetect, so I'm positive the framecounts are correct. I'm not sure why it is going out-of-sync.

I wonder if its possible that the cut points don't necessarily fall on a frame boundary (e.g. the main view of a frame may be in one SSIF and the dependent view in the following)? I noticed that sync was also an issue with DirectshowMVCSource() before I started combining the multiple SSIF files prior to encoding.

@slavanap

Is there a way to simply read the multiple files sequentially as if they were one unit as opposed to specifying a framecount for each file independently?

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th May 2013 at 14:28.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 23:33   #1351  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Can you upload the two exes or give the link to download the previous ssifsource package? I'm not sure I have the correct versions of the exes.
Here it is. The first ssifSource package:
http://sendfile.su/548123

Quote:
I know. I hate DVDFab's h264 encoder, but the other things it does can be useful.
I installed and used it only to test if its MVC decoding engine has the same bug than CoreAVCDecoder (and also to test if a badly authored Ice Age 3 3DBD could be the culprit). Since DVDFab can correctly decode the MVC stream, I can only deduce that there is a bug in CoreAVCDecoder. However, there must be something strange or new in the Ice Age 3 BD, as all encodings of other 3DBDs I did were successful.
And if you play that with PowerDVD? Or PM me the link to the source, I'll test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalyn View Post
Slavanap: Given your newest build a bit of a run, but I'll be damned if I can get the auto-detection to work properly. I'm not sure whether it's just not working right with branched movies but I've had all sorts of results from around 100 frames less than there should be to almost 200 more. Not to mention it takes a lot longer to suss it out than DirectShowSource (not the MVC variant) does - many minutes against a second at most, even with only a single source file. This has subsequently limited my testing also of branched sources.
Thaky you for testing. It looks like there is no way to make CoveAVC return correct timings then. I'll make a solution when ssifSource extracts framecount from referenced .m2ts file with DSS2 in new version of ssifSource.
Quote:
I've now done four titles with this version, including one that froze on the previous release. All have completed successfully and I've seen no issues. I haven't tried the automatic framecounts at all, since I get that information easily from the MPLS. In fact, this release has worked so well that I'm considering using it (replacing DirectshowMVCSource) in the next BD Rebuilder release. I need to do more testing, though.

Thanks.
Thank you for testing!

Quote:
I'm not using autodetect, so I'm positive the framecounts are correct. I'm not sure why it is going out-of-sync.

I wonder if its possible that the cut points don't necessarily fall on a frame boundary (e.g. the main view of a frame may be in one SSIF and the dependent view in the following)? I noticed that sync was also an issue with DirectshowMVCSource() before I started combining the multiple SSIF files prior to encoding.

@slavanap

Is there a way to simply read the multiple files sequentially as if they were one unit as opposed to specifying a framecount for each file independently?
I actually did it in ssifSource3. If the frames requested sequentially in foreign software, then it requested sequentially in ssifSource2 and ssif files loading/unloading procedure happens only at borders. Could your encoder request frames not sequentially?
Anyway I'll double check it asap. And, because of precise frame detection do not work, there is some code to delete.

As for Intel Decoder solution, I have thoughts about it, just need time to figure out how that decoder works.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 00:43   #1352  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap View Post
I actually did it in ssifSource3. If the frames requested sequentially in foreign software, then it requested sequentially in ssifSource2 and ssif files loading/unloading procedure happens only at borders. Could your encoder request frames not sequentially?
Anyway I'll double check it asap. And, because of precise frame detection do not work, there is some code to delete.
Hmm.. I've been using two ssifSource3() statements in an AVISYNTH script to pull in left/right individually. I may try simply pulling them in together horizontally stacked and see if that corrects the sync issues.
Old 31st May 2013, 01:51   #1353  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Hmm.. I've been using two ssifSource3() statements in an AVISYNTH script to pull in left/right individually. I may try simply pulling them in together horizontally stacked and see if that corrects the sync issues.
If this does not solve the issue, then please give me an example to debug it.
http://sendfile.su/819355
I've deleted the seeking solution based on frame timings. Now directshow does all the seeking work.

Last edited by slavanap; 31st May 2013 at 02:02.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 02:30   #1354  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If this does not solve the issue, then please give me an example to debug it.
http://sendfile.su/819355
I've deleted the seeking solution based on frame timings. Now directshow does all the seeking work.
The source I've been using the most in testing is "Toy Story 3D", but I had the same issue with almost every multipart disc.

I'll do the testing tomorrow and let you know how it works out.
Old 31st May 2013, 06:51   #1355  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Here it is. The first ssifSource package:
http://sendfile.su/548123
Thanks!

Quote:
And if you play that with PowerDVD? Or PM me the link to the source, I'll test it.
I don't have (and don't want) PowerDVD.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure now that that specific Ice Age 3 3DBD has a bug in the MVC stream (and perhaps also in some subtitle streams, as you can see here).
See your PMs.

Quote:
As for Intel Decoder solution, I have thoughts about it, just need time to figure out how that decoder works.
Very good news! Thanks.
Old 31st May 2013, 11:14   #1356  |  Link
minhjirachi

I have a problem when mount convert the right.h264 to .avi. I open the right.avi, the screen is green from the beginning to the end.

If I mux the right.h264 to .mkv file. The mkv says: "Command line used:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" --output-charset UTF-8 --identify-for-mmg "D:\Temp\right.h264"

Output:

Error: File D:\Temp\right.h264 has unknown type. Please have a look at the supported file types ('mkvmerge --list-types') and contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> if your file type is supported but not recognized properly."

So how to fix this problem?

Thank you,

Last edited by minhjirachi; 31st May 2013 at 11:18.
minhjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 11:40   #1357  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to Doom9, minhjirachi.

How did you get or encode that right.h264 file? Did you simply demux it? Usually, the right eye view is the MVC stream (dependent view), and it cannot be rendered without the AVC stream (base view). So, you have to either use the left.h264 file, or encode the right.h264 file directly from the 3DBD. It is not sufficient to demux it.

You can encode the MVC stream with DB3D2MK3D. Select the "Monoscopic 2D: Right only" option in the last tab. But IMO, you should encode the left view. It's much more simple, and rapid. And you can mux it directly to MKV (with the audio, subtitles and chapter points) without re-encoding if you double-click the _MUX_2D.cmd file at the end of the DB3D2MK3D process. You can't do that with the right view.
Old 31st May 2013, 12:01   #1358  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.19

This version contains mainly several workarounds for bugs in third party exes. It fixes also the problem of the inverted left/right views with some BDs.
Quote:
# v0.18 (March 5, 2013)
# - When encoding with x264 64-bit, 100 frames are now added in the AVS script but not encoded, to avoid x264 crashes in 2-pass mode.
# - When encoding with x264 64-bit, -frames N is now added in the avs2yuv command, to avoid the "wrote only" x264 error message.
# - Removed the contSPS ("Continually insert SPS/PPS") option when muxing the combined.h264 stream to M2TS with tsMuxeR, becauses it causes crashes with some DBs.
# v0.19 (May 30, 2013)
# - Workaround for the inverted left/right views eac3to bug with some 3D titles.
# - Workaround for a BDSup2Sub++ bug when converting SUP with fades to 3D SUBs.
# - The left and right streams are nor correctly handled, thanks to jdobbs.
This version doesn't use the new ssifsource3 command yet. But I have updated the ssifsource2.dll file to the latest ssifsource3 beta. It should work (in ssifsource2 mode), but I haven't tested it.

I'm waiting for a stable version of ssifsource3 to use it in my code. It should fix the problem of the DirectShow timeout with MPLS made of several SSIF files. This version of BD3D2MK3D (v0.19) is therefore probably the last one that will use ssifsource2. Grab it if you want to keep the ssifsource2 support.

Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 31st May 2013, 13:07   #1359  |  Link
minhjirachi

Quote:

How did you get or encode that right.h264 file? Did you simply demux it? Usually, the right eye view is the MVC stream (dependent view), and it cannot be rendered without the AVC stream (base view). So, you have to either use the left.h264 file, or encode the right.h264 file directly from the 3DBD. It is not sufficient to demux it.

You can encode the MVC stream with DB3D2MK3D. Select the "Monoscopic 2D: Right only" option in the last tab. But IMO, you should encode the left view. It's much more simple, and rapid. And you can mux it directly to MKV (with the audio, subtitles and chapter points) without re-encoding if you double-click the _MUX_2D.cmd file at the end of the DB3D2MK3D process. You can't do that with the right view.
Thank you very much. I want to take the .avi file of the dependent view.

I have the left.avi and I use the bioMVC.dll to get the right.avi. But the screen of the right.avi is green and I don't know how to fix it. I will try your software. I don't know it works or not. Reply to you later.

Last edited by minhjirachi; 31st May 2013 at 13:10.
Old 31st May 2013, 15:11   #1360  |  Link
minhjirachi

Quote:

It's work. Your tool really greate. When it using the x264, it takes a lot of CPU resource and I have turn on the air-conditioner for it. Now I can get the dependent file.

Thank you so much!