Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 25th June 2005, 04:41   #1  |  Link
Pike007

NuMenu 2.0.14 (testing - 2 problems)

First off, I'm using Spiderman2, NTSC, Region 1

Using version 2.0.13 with no processing of DVD, Numenu works great. I used Muxman 0.15 (latest release) for authoring with no issues. I also deleted a part of the menu with PgcDemux v.1.2.0.4 (using Numenu) and this also worked with no problems.

Now, testing with Numenu 2.0.14 this is what happens:

In "Asset removal -> Preview and strip unwanted video segments, I have the option to remove any buttons. I chose Vobid=002 which was Languages-> Audio menu, and did have all buttons present. I could left click and right click on buttons as stated. The problem is that Vobid=002 has 2 different menus, (1) Languages-> Audio, and (2) Languages->Subtitles which are split between this Vobid. Numenu only displays the buttons from the first menu only. When I get past halfway on the video preview slider, the second menu appears but retains the first menu's buttons. As soon as I close PgcDemux, Numenu crashes with the following error:

Procedure Name: Item
Module Name: BMP

Error Number: 5
Error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument
Error Source: ErrorHandler
Error Line: 8
Call Stack:
Item --> BMP
Form_Unload --> PreviewM2v
StartNuMenu4u --> ExecuteProgram
go_Click --> MainForm

I was also confused at what to do when I finished using PgcDemux. I figured out (when using NuMenu 2.0.13) that I had to close the window. Would it be possible to have a radio button displaying "Continue" or something to make it less confusing for the user? (I guess only if that user is me )

The Second problem I've had was if I unchecked Asset Removal->Preview and strip segments Numenu would run and exit when finished but no menu would appear in VIDEO_TS folder. I've run this 3 times and every time this folder was empty when completed. Option 4 under settings was used for finished files.

I'm looking forward to testing the rest of the new options, but can't until I get past these problems.

Thanks for your continued effort Zeul!
Pike007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2005, 08:25   #2  |  Link
Zeul

working on these issues now
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2005, 04:13   #3  |  Link
Pike007

Hi Zeul,

Tested now with Numenu 2.0.14b and updated muxman to 0.15a

Menu stripping now works as I can remove any button from any menu. I've noticed that with my movie, I have a few "still" menus which just move way too fast in the video preview slider. Would it be possible to make the slider pause when any button layout changes? I could press the play button to continue when my buttons have been changed.

I'm using CCE Basic and when Asset Removal -> Preview and strip... is selected, I get this for an .ecl which causes a CCE error

; Cinema Craft Encoder Basic -- Encoder Control List

#VTS02
#VOB003
[item]

Now in order to make it work, I've had to manually change the .ecl file to this:

; Cinema Craft Encoder Basic -- Encoder Control List

#VTS02
#VOB003
[item]

After the changes on all ecl's it will work. Deleting the #000 will not work by itself but shifting the header up one line will (to top line).

I do not have this problem in the ecl's when this option is not selected.

I still don't have any output to my VIDEO_TS folder after everything has run.

Thanks
Old 26th June 2005, 13:27   #4  |  Link
Zeul

@pike007
Thankyou for your continued testing. Just checking that you have got 'Scenaid compatability mode' UNSELECTED. This is for a later generation of Scenaid and cannot be used yet. This would indeed produce an empty Video_Ts folder.

You can always pause the preview player, and then use the slider
I havent changed anything for the ecls so need to look at this.

edit:
I have the problem with the ecls It is because you are using cce basic, and there is a seperate ecl required for each asset. i am fixing now

Last edited by Zeul; 26th June 2005 at 13:46.
Old 26th June 2005, 19:59   #5  |  Link
Pike007

Testing with NuMenu 2.0.14c and Muxman 0.15a

Yeah, I had "Scenaid compatability mode (NO ACTUAL MUXING) checked. Ooops! Missed that one completely. I don't think you could make that anymore clear. Sorry about that.

When this is unchecked I was able to determine another problem. When using Muxman 0.15a NuMenu crashed but using Muxman 0.15 all worked ok. I think you should check out 0.15a (I've sent you the error zip file so let me know if you didn't get it)

Does "Remove assets in the VMG that have no buttons" and "Remove assets in the VTS's that have no buttons" work? I was able to complete Numenu and with Settings -> option 3 (copy everything to working folder) and after doing "Get VTS sectors" in ifoedit, I still had the FBI warnings (located in VMG) and a preview (located in VTS 07) automatically playing before the main menu. Correct me if I'm misinterpreting what these 2 options do.

I just found out that when I restart Numenu and choose my existing directory with all assets inside (as stated above), I get this error as soon as I choose my directory. My directory is not the default one but F:\NuMenu

Procedure Name: GetFileInformation
Module Name: Folders_Types

Error Number: 6
Error Description: Overflow
Error Source: Project1
Error Line: 39
Call Stack:
TrimNull --> Folders_Types
GetFileInformation --> Folders_Types
SearchForFiles --> Folders_Types
SearchForFiles --> Folders_Types
GetFileCount --> Folders_Types
CheckLocation --> ReplacementFile
outputpath_Click --> MainForm

If I delete everything in this folder before opening NuMenu, It's ok.

Aside from these small problems, it does work excellent.
Old 26th June 2005, 20:16   #6  |  Link
Zeul

to remove non-menu screens from the VMG, the video_ts must be selected in the main screen - although i might change this, to automatically pre-select this. In VTS7 is the intro part of an existing segment that also includes some buttons? These option should work if the entire segment has no buttons.

I think i know why 15a fails and 15 does not. i need to check.
There should be no need to select a folder already used. if you want to rerun with those assets use the recovery console -> point this to the numenu_recovery file.

Last edited by Zeul; 26th June 2005 at 20:19.
Old 26th June 2005, 22:36   #7  |  Link
Pike007

By default NuMenu opens C:\DVD_VIDEO at start up. I only change it to F:\NuMenu when I start a project (even if it already has assets in it) as this is my default. It only gave me this error when I had all that info in the folder (ie. entire DVD) I wasn't doing a recovery.

VTS7 is one of many "Preview" trailers. The DVD starts by playing this trailer and then goes to main menu. There is a button in the DVD menu section under "previews" which will allow me to play this trailer when I want. I have removed all the buttons for the previews and re-run everything with the same results.

If you still have the zip file I sent you, take a look at VTS7 and you will see it has 2 Titles and both of these are the same trailer. All the other VTS folders for the previews just have 1 Title. Maybe that's the problem?

After I selected the video ts folder I now have no more warnings. If you need any other files, let me know.
Old 27th June 2005, 14:51   #8  |  Link
Zeul

Pike007
NuMenu will not remove the trailer in VTS07. You are processing VTS01. IF there is a button that links to a trailer this can be removed OR if one of the VOBID's in VTS01 is an intro etc it can be stripped automatically.
NuMenu does not remove or change the pre/post commands of a PGC - it is this that links to the preview.
To remove the preview remove the VTS in scenaid and then post-process the video_ts folder with PGCEdit and use 'KILL PGC' to stop the PGC in VTS07 from playing.
The preview will then effectively be skipped over.
Old 28th June 2005, 03:28   #9  |  Link
Pike007

Testing with NuMenu 2.0.14d and Muxman 0.15a

Ok Zeul, I understand now. Thanks for the help.

After testing now everything works great

(I'm going to Scenaid next)