Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 30th June 2009, 23:53   #1381  |  Link
Barleyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
3 channel ac3 isn't standard...

try with flac...

BHH

P.S. could you send me a sample of this m2ts (100mb) ?
5.1 AC3 failed just the same, thought. Let's see what FLAC does.

I can send but where? 100MB would need something like FTP I suppose..
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 01:10   #1382  |  Link
BigKing

use www.rapidshare.com or www.netload.in or other one click hoster
BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 09:12   #1383  |  Link
Barleyman

Hmm.. Alternatively I could just put up filezilla server for this. Let's see when I get home.
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 16:05   #1384  |  Link
sfcav

@buzzqw
If substituting x264 won't solve the issue, i suppose a problem of decoder, try updating ffdshow/dgindex.
_____________________________________________________-

Thanks buzzqw:

I updated ffdshow from 2946 to 3013 and DGIndex from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 and tried again - same result (processing halts after 1st encoding pass, leaving the cmd window open, the command line at 100% completion, the cursor flashing, but no new command line or DOS prompt).

Next, I tried simplifying the file by removing unnecessary audio using tsMuxeR and then creating a 10 min segment using TSPE. When loaded into HDConvertToX, I get the same result (halts after first encoding pass).

Three other things I tried were:
1. Copying the video and audio (no re-encoding) using HDConvertToX
- seemed to process normally (cmd window came and went), but no file was written

2. Copy video and convert audio using HDConvertToX
- same as (1) above, processed normally but no file was written.

3. Load the video into VideoReDo
- wouldn't load (no PIDs found, even though I set it to ignore stream info)?

NOTE - No doubt I should have mentioned this before, but this is an animation file (old cartoon movie remastered to 1080p24) - is that perhaps the issue (and is there a way to address)?

Here is the MediaInfo output for the edited file - anything odd here?

General
ID : 1
Complete name : I:\GT00001.edit.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 2.17 GiB
Duration : 10mn 0s
Overall bit rate : 31.1 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, Matrix : Standard
Duration : 9mn 59s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 29.5 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 35.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.704

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Duration : 10mn 0s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Video delay : -51ms
sfcav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 19:12   #1385  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

In addition to my earlier bug report (in case you didn't see it), I noticed that there seems to be an issue when selecting "automatic" from the deinterlacer drop down.

My log is below, but in short, I select a test .vob file, select my settings, including the "automatic" setting, and everything completes successfully. Only issue is, the framerate should be 23.976, but it is 29.97.

The reason is that the deinterlacer routine completes successfully, and IVTC's the vob file. However, the fps sent to mkvtoolnix is from an earlier report of 29.97.

I can't say if this happens when loaded directly with an ifo, but I do know that it happens when loaded with a sample vob.

Code:
HDConvertToX v.1.9.403.3232 report

Input File: c:\documents and settings\dworaa\desktop\encoding\elektra_sample\elektra_sample.vob ( C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\Elektra_Sample\Elektra_Sample.vob )
Codec Video: mpeg
Width / Heigh : 720 / 480
Framerate / Framecount: 29.970 / 1107
Duration(hh:mm:ss): 0:0:37
Aspect Ratio: 1.7778
Resized resolution: 716 / 368
Crop Values : 2:54:2:58
Activate: Anamorphic Resize

Start Video Configuration ->
Encoding Settings: X264 in MKV
Encoding Preset: 22
Final Size: 3
Priority: normal
Denoise Level: Light
Video Handling: Use Best Decoder
Deinterlace: automatic
-> End Video Configuration

Start Audio Configuration ->
Audio Codec: Coding Tech. AAC Audio
Audio Bitrate/Quality: 64
Audio Channels: 2
MP3 Mode: abr
Normalize: On
Audio handling: Use Eac3to as demuxer
Keep only core: On
-> End Audio Configuration

Full Audio List-> (*** mean selected)
NONE
*** 2: ac3, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27db, -182ms

-> End Full Audio List

Full Subtitle List-> (*** mean selected)
*** NONE
3: subtitle (dvd)
4: subtitle (srt)
5: subtitle (dvd)
6: subtitle (dvd)
7: subtitle (dvd)
8: subtitle (dvd)
9: subtitle (dvd)
10: subtitle (dvd)

-> End Full Subtitle List

Mux Subtitle in MP4/MKV file: On

Start Advanced AviSynth ->
ColorMatrix: On
-> End Advanced AviSynth

Start Queue ->
prompt $d $t $_$P$G

"C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\dgindex.exe" -FO=0 -OM=0 -YR=2 -AIF=[c:\documents and settings\dworaa\desktop\encoding\elektra_sample\elektra_sample.vob] -OF=[C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\movie] -exit -minimize
"C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\HDC_Deint.exe" -input "c:\documents and settings\dworaa\desktop\encoding\elektra_sample\elektra_sample.vob" -workpath "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\" -usedecoder d2v -here "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\"
"C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\eac3to.exe" "c:\documents and settings\dworaa\desktop\encoding\elektra_sample\elektra_sample.vob" 2: stdout.wav  -down16 -resampleto48000  -normalize  -down2 | "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\enc_aacPlus.exe" - "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdencodertox-pid2.aac" --cbr 64000 --rawpcm 48000 2 16
"C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 612 --threads auto --thread-input --no-psnr --progress  --deblock 0,0 --ref 1  --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --direct auto --subme 2 --trellis 0 --partitions none  --me hex --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --sar 8431616:7114176  --output "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdconverttox_elektra_sample.h264" "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdconverttox_elektra_sample.avs"
"C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 612 --threads auto --thread-input --no-psnr --progress  --deblock 0,0 --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me hex --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --sar 8431616:7114176  --output "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdconverttox_elektra_sample.h264" "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdconverttox_elektra_sample.avs"
"C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\applications\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Elektra_Sample_hdconverttox.mkv" --default-duration 0:29.970fps  --aspect-ratio -1:2.305958 "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdconverttox_elektra_sample.h264"   "C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdencodertox-pid2.aac" --title "Done with HDConvertToX v.1.9.403.3232" 
-> End Queue

AviSynth Script ->
Working with files: C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\hdconverttox_elektra_sample.avs
Setmemorymax(512)
SetMTMode(2,0)
mpeg2source("C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\movie.d2v")
exist("C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\interlaced") ?  TDeint(mode=0,order=-1) : nop()
exist("C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\telecine") ? tfm(last,d2v="C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\movie.d2v").tdecimate() : nop() 
Spline36Resize(716,368,2,54,-2,-58)
ColorMatrix(d2v="C:\Documents and Settings\DWORAA\Desktop\Encoding\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\movie.d2v")
hqdn3d(2)
-> End AviSynth Script
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:32   #1386  |  Link
Mrsash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Reading through your past posts you appear to be permanently at war with the AR. Make sure that your playback device does not introduce the AR distortion due to wrong settings. What is your playback device?
Why don't you finally upload a short clip of your source so that someone may give you advice?
Valid point if I didnt know what I was looking at. I run the original file plays fine. I run the converted songs from the movie plays the right AR(these were single pass). Play the converted movie, overcropped and stretched vertically. I play all videos with MPC. Automkv does not have this problem. I might have to switch back. Was busy the last few days. I will do some tests. I tried choosing various different options for the same sample vob file and the queue processed without any output which was weird. However I will do thorough tests. My upload bandwidth isnt the best so uploading a file is a pain. My question presently if buzz needs the right feedback then you need to tell me exactly what you will need after an encode. Last time you asked me to post make report. Are there any other log files you will need to have a preliminary check without the actual vob? Let me know what I should post.
thanks
Mrsash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:17   #1387  |  Link
ziemlichdunkel

Thanks for the great app!!!

Most of the time I convert my old collection of 1080er HD mkv-Movies to 720p. (Because it doesnt seem the prizes for bluray will lower soon, so i began to burn on 4,5GB DVDR)

I wonder if there is somewhere a guide how to max out the quality of the reencoded file?
Except from choosing a h264 profile with the slider, is there any other possibility to enhance the output quality?
(Any suggestions for filters or other settings welcome.. :-)
(Have a Core i7 920, so Speed isn't the most essential, I prefer quality, at the moment I use Extreme quality,2pass xH264, copy audio)

I now use win7, any hints or known problems?

Any plans for adding CUDA support?

best wishes,

ziemlichdunkel
ziemlichdunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:04   #1388  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziemlichdunkel View Post
Thanks for the great app!!!

Most of the time I convert my old collection of 1080er HD mkv-Movies to 720p. (Because it doesnt seem the prizes for bluray will lower soon, so i began to burn on 4,5GB DVDR)

I wonder if there is somewhere a guide how to max out the quality of the reencoded file?
Except from choosing a h264 profile with the slider, is there any other possibility to enhance the output quality?
(Any suggestions for filters or other settings welcome.. :-)
(Have a Core i7 920, so Speed isn't the most essential, I prefer quality, at the moment I use Extreme quality,2pass xH264, copy audio)

I now use win7, any hints or known problems?

Any plans for adding CUDA support?

best wishes,

ziemlichdunkel
You have to be more specific about "maxing out" everyone could have a different interpretation. Its a breach of forum rules to ask for "best" as best is subjective.

If you know what you like you can add your x264 profile to profile.ini the HDC folder Like this.

Code:
X264;7;Extreme Quality;--keyint 250 --bframes 4 --mixed-refs --trellis 0 --ref 4 --filter -1,-1 --subme 9 --direct auto --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --me umh --no-ssim --weightb --b-adapt 2 --no-chroma-me --8x8dct --aud --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 1 --psy-rd 1.1:0.0
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:32   #1389  |  Link
ziemlichdunkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flebber View Post
Code:
X264;7;Extreme Quality;--keyint 250 --bframes 4 --mixed-refs --trellis 0 --ref 4 --filter -1,-1 --subme 9 --direct auto --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --me umh --no-ssim --weightb --b-adapt 2 --no-chroma-me --8x8dct --aud --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 1 --psy-rd 1.1:0.0
As I'm not too familiar with all the special parameters the x264 codec has to offer, it's hard to be more specific, but I'll try it anyway:

When I reencode my files with the app, I always choose the X264;7;Extreme Quality (see HDConvertToX_profile.txt), setting the Denoise Filter is "Super Light" and set Anamorpic Shape (for 16:9, right?)
Mostly I play with the MOD as long as I have no, or only a small AR Error. (Sometimes crop some pixels helps too) (Has MOD something to do with the picture quality?)
Can the picture quality improved by using Filters (Basic, QMF, Degrain), or is this only for case depending scenarios (where the original has bad image quality too), not for general use?

My 2 main points about picture quality are:
Mostly colors look a little bit washed out (not so strong and warm than before the recode)
The picture looks crispy (grainy) at quick motion scenes, at low motion its often only sharp at one point in the foreground(at the background most details are gone that are in the original)

It's clear to me that with compression I will always lose detail, but maybe ther's a way to tweak the used profile for a little bit more sharpness, detail and less grain?

thanks in advance...
ziemlichdunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:07   #1390  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

ziemlichdunkel MOD is for frame size not video quality. Do you need your output to be anamorphic?

Extreme Quality has done good encodes for me but then I would also use different settings for different material. Could only guess at what filters you need or don't without seeing your source video. However you will probably have more fun playing with them and there is a vast amount of information on this site alone.

Here are a few links to get started.

Scintilla's guide to avisynth filters has a good selection and description to start with http://aquilinestudios.org/avsfilters/index.html

If you wanted to know more about aspect ratios and resolutions try here http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~f76998/video/...nversion_table

PS Forgot before welcome to the forum
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:54   #1391  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

If you are having troubles with washed out colors, make sure that ColorMatrix is applied. There is an option in the "Advanced Options" tab. If colors are still washed out after using ColorMatrix, what player are you using?

If you want to sharpen your video, using something like LimitedSharpenFaster, LSFmod, or Seesaw.

If you want to add grain, take a look at AddGrain, or GrainFactory3.

If you want to preserve more detail/grain, try increasing the psy-rd value in you x264 options.

All in all, all of this you can learn by browsing over to the Avisynth section and checking out www.avisynth.org
Old 3rd July 2009, 02:24   #1392  |  Link
Chengbin

buzzqw, change fps doesn't work that well.

I have a 29.97 video, and I want to encode it to 23.976, the results look pretty bad. It looked like stuttering at times. When I went through it frame by frame, I saw repetition of frames.

For example, in a camera pan, say every frame moves to the right by 1cm. The stuttering I'm seeing is when a frame is repeated, and the next frame move 2cm to the right.

EDIT: Never mind, the source is vfr.

Last edited by Chengbin; 3rd July 2009 at 04:16.
Chengbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:49   #1393  |  Link
alter4

Feature request.
buzzqw, could you please add "remember last dir" feature for "open file" button. I suppose the path could be stored in INI file when program is shutting down. All my DVDs are in the same folder, it is so annoying to me to choose the folder again, again and again.... THX in advance.

Last edited by alter4; 3rd July 2009 at 17:02.
alter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 00:09   #1394  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter4 View Post
Feature request.
buzzqw, could you please add "remember last dir" feature for "open file" button. I suppose the path could be stored in INI file when program is shutting down. All my DVDs are in the same folder, it is so annoying to me to choose the folder again, again and again.... THX in advance.
Already implemented you can add it to your ini profiles.

just the last bit of the ini

Code:
#Project Options
Shutdown=0
Reboot=0
Suspend=0
Multitemp=0
Input Work Folder=0
Clean Temporary files=0
AutoAnalysis of input files=0
Workfolder=C:\Rip\HDConvertToX_1.8.332.2935\temp\
Muxing Title=Done with HDConvertToX v.1.8.335.2949
Default Output Folder=C:\Rip\Produced\
Old 4th July 2009, 03:18   #1395  |  Link
feanor12

I think this is not what alter4 ment.
He wanted HDC to remember last opened folder for input I think.

btw: This function would be very handy for me too! ツ
feanor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 07:16   #1396  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Buzzqw how could I get a filter like SmoothD() or any other deblocking filter to run before cropping or resizing?
Old 4th July 2009, 10:22   #1397  |  Link
Acid-Burn

#####

Last edited by Acid-Burn; 6th July 2009 at 09:43.
Old 4th July 2009, 15:45   #1398  |  Link
Sharc

Hi buzzqw

Just in case your twins should leave you alone for a minute....
It looks like the compression test is broken (crf mode): It immediately terminates leaving a sample size of 0.00MB.
The generated script for compression plays correctly in MPC though.
Have a lot of fun with the kids

Added: The x264 encoding also doesn't start from the Start Queue, only the extractions are done, then HDC terminates. Container is m2ts for Blu-Ray Structure.
Something seems to be broken in v3232 ?

Last edited by Sharc; 4th July 2009 at 19:28.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 16:29   #1399  |  Link
Acid-Burn

#####

Last edited by Acid-Burn; 6th July 2009 at 09:43.
Old 4th July 2009, 16:35   #1400  |  Link
Havokdan

Acid-Burn, do you use option "Multitemp"? I think if you use that maybe resolve.

Sorry bad english.
Havokdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluray, hdc, hdconverttox, m2ts, network media tank, playstation, x264 gui