Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 12th September 2002, 17:35   #1  |  Link
stax76

DirectShowSource and MPEGSource(,-2) fails

DirectShowSource and MPEGSource(,-2) don't work on my System, I get a AviSynth exception. I use XP without any Updates and Elecard Codec, any ideas?
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2002, 22:56   #2  |  Link
Emp3r0r

can't tell you why your having problems with avisynth but (OT)I'm glad you learned that .gif and .png are much better formats for screenshots than the .jpg you were using before.
Old 13th September 2002, 00:49   #3  |  Link
Nic

@Dolemite:

Hi, have you tried the new version from today (1.31)? that may help (as I was called CoUninitalise twice, which shouldn't cause a problem, but is now corrected)...

Otherwise it should bring up an error of sorts if the DShow doesn't work...Could you also try running DebugView (you can find it at www.sysinternals.com ) while running the filter, debugview should pickup some of the load messages...

The DirectShow source gets its info from the MPEG-2 Splitter, so it shouldn't need a decoder, & if this fails it should pop-up a messagebox with an error (the error is the actual function it errors on)

So I dont know what causes the crash...let me know how you get on & ill try & think of something that might help

Cheers,
-Nic

ps
@All:
Please try & keep all questions relating to MPEGDecoder.dll in that one big thread please thanks
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote