Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th August 2002, 17:50   #1  |  Link
Imjin

16:9 - What am I forgetting to do?

I need the infinite wisdom of the occupants of this forum to tell me what stupid little thing I'm forgetting to do thats causing this wierd little problem with some 16:9 movies.

On some, but not all, 16:9 jobs I do, they're coming out visually correct, but I'm missing parts from the left/right of the picture. They're not getting compressed (as in the case of doing a 16:9 in SpruceUp where they look too skinny) and the video looks great with the exception of it looking like its a 16:9 movie being viewed on a 4:3 screen, thereby cutting off parts of the video from the left and right, but maintaining accurate aspect.

I'm ripping the source, IFOEditing it down to what I want to keep, making a DVD2AVI project file and .ac3 audio file, VFAPI converting the DVD2AVI project file, using CCE 2.50 to shrink it when necessary and using DVDWise to remux and author it. I pretty much follow the "Using CCE" guide here to the letter.

What is on some of these movies, but not all, that would cause it to come out like that, or what am I forgetting to do?
Imjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2002, 14:46   #2  |  Link
Zeppeliner
Smeghead

Do you remember to set the 16:9 flag? You can do it in CCE (not necessary if you use DVD Maestro to author, where you can do it in the bottom of the movie window, below all the tracks), or in IfoEdit after building the vobs - most movies seem to be 16:9 automatic letterbox
Zeppeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 15:13   #3  |  Link
Imjin

Thats the wierd thing, I did have it set to 16:9. Maybe its something to do with 16:9 letterbox. I'll have to redo it to double check... its possible I forgot to set it.
Imjin is offline   Reply With Quote